“Peaceful, relaxing retreat”

Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach
Ranked #16 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed December 31, 2013

If you have ever been coolest to the rehoboth outlets after Christmas, you know what the chaos can be like. Add a family visit and freezing cold temperatures to the mix and it's really not fun. The Holiday Inn Rehoboth was a perfect hotel for my husband and I to "hide" away from the crowds. The hotel is located right off the main road, but wits back a little so there is basically no road noise at all. Plenty of well lit parking. Our room was spacious, the rate could not be beat. The housekeeping was impeccable and breakfast was delicious. Each time we passed through the lobby a friendly staff member greeted us. Although this hotel is not super new, trendy or upscale, it is offers larger than most rooms, a small fitness center and outdoor pool. My husband enjoyed a little alone time right before check out in the comfy lobby with big screen tv and fish tank. We would definitely stay here again. Thank you Holiday Inn for truly caring about our stay. We used to stay elsewhere in Rehoboth, but are very glad to have made the switch.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Dear GroovinaB,
Yay!! What a heartwarming review of our property and our team! We couldn't be anymore excited to know that you and your husband's stay with us was everything we want all of our guests to experience.
Our team strives to provide that "home-away-from-home" feeling. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to provide you and your family a warm environment during your visit here.
We also can not thank you enough for considering us your 'home-away-from-home" during your future visits!
Dawn Heck

Reviewed December 25, 2013

There is plenty of parking on the exterior and well lit. Hotel is far off the highway and isolated; very quiet location. There is gas, food and liquor store within walking distance of the property. Staff members were very friendly. (I visit this property every Christmas when I visit my parents) The staff remembered me from the previous year and even gave me the same room I had previously. Rooms are spacious, clean and good lighting with large flat screen tv's. Bathrooms are large and great when traveling with someone else. Heat and cooling work great with digital controls for temp. Breakfast consists of "Holiday Inn Express" fare. Eggs, biscuits and gravy, bacon or sausage, pancake machine and famous cinnamon rolls. Additionally, they offer cold cereals, muffins, toast, bagels and OJ/Coffee/Milk. I must say the breakfast area is clean, well staffed and offer a great value. Lobby is quiet with ample seating, fish tank and pleasant.
The Holiday Inn Express is my first choice when in the Rehoboth Beach area.

Room Tip: Lower levels are great for elderly folks.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2013

Dear 95Traveler,

We are humbly gracious by your glowing recommendation of our hotel and your kind words about our team members.
The details you mentioned within your review will go a long way in helping to guide other fellow travelers with their decision as to what hotel property best fits their needs and expectations when they travel to our area.
We realize you have many choices of accommodations when visiting Rehoboth Beach and we are utterly delighted that you continue to choose our hotel as your home-away-from-home.
We wish you and yours the best in the upcoming New Year!
Best Wishes!

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Nice stay. Rooms nice. Thought we booked a king room and upon arrival were given a room with 2 doubles. They were very accomodating in giving us a king room. Close to everything on route one. Quiet at night

• Stayed: November 2013
Chris B, Director of Operations at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded December 20, 2013

Thanks, Kristine E, for your feedback! I'm delighted to hear you had a nice stay while our guest in November. I'm sorry for any confusion over the room type you were given upon arrival but I'm very pleased to hear we were able to get you assigned to one that fit your expectation and needs. Thank you for mentioning our quiet location - sitting back off the highway certainly provides our guests with peace and quiet to help better ensure a restful night's sleep.

Thank you for allowing us to serve your lodging needs while you visited the Rehoboth area. If we can be of assistance in the future, I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to our hotel! Safe travels and happy holidays in the meantime.

Best Regards,
Chris Berg

Reviewed November 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Express in Rehoboth Beach Delaware about 2 weeks ago. My first impression upon walking into the lobby was the smile I was greeted with and the cleanliness of the hotel lobby. Every staff member I encountered was always smiling and more than happy to offer recommendations for restaurants and things to do in the area. We will be back soon once again thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Chris R,

All feedback from our valued guests with regard to their stay with our property, is truly priceless. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and for choosing our hotel and team to place your trust.
We are all delighted to read that we fulfilled our promise to you of a clean hotel, a comfortable stay and exceptional team service!
We also want to extend a very warm thank you for making the decision to stay with us again during your future visit to our area.
Safe journeys!

Reviewed October 9, 2013

We decided last minute to go to Rehoboth Beach. This was our first visit. Hadn't a clue where to stay as most of the hotels seemed to be very expensive. When I first tried to reserve this hotel it came up that they were fully booked. Called the hotel and was told that they were indeed fully booked. Tried an hour or so later to book online, and lo and behold, there was room available. I thought the price very high for a Holiday Inn Express, but, it was so much cheaper than the other places we had looked at. Check in was fast. Room was on the top floor overlooking the back of the hotel. I had requested a quiet location, and was indeed given a quiet location. Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The hotel is located adjacent to the outlet mall, if you're interested in going there. Although there is an Outback restaurant across the road, that road is very busy. I wouldn't want to try and walk across it. We drove downtown, but I understand that in the summer the hotel offers a shuttle bus. We'll probably return next time we're in the area.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
DawnHeck, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Happy October Susan S,

We're happy you were persistent in your attempt to stay with our hotel and that you were not disappointment in your choice. Our team works very hard to offer exceptional service,clean rooms and a relaxing atmosphere to all of our valued guests. They will be delighted to hear that you took the time to share your experience with them and other fellow travelers.
Thank you!!!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach for a birthday celebration. Our family was at the boardwalk so we parked the car and took the shuttle for all the activities and were well treated by drivers and passengers. The motel itself was full and very quiet. The breakfast provided was excellent. No noise from the road, very friendly front desk and personnel we met in the halls. We recommend this hotel and would probably stay again when we visit Rehoboth. The schedule for the shuttle to the beach showed several stops besides the Boardwalk so we were able to get off at the restaurant door the evening of the 80th birthday dinner. We only waked across Rehoboth Avenue to get the shuttle home and the shuttle stopped at the Holiday Inn before entering the end at the area where the shuttle is picked up behind the hotel. Great experience.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank MarieO808

Dear Marie0808,
Happy October! Thank you for sharing your thoughts and experience with regard to your stay with our property.
We appreciate the time you spent writing your review. The experiences and thoughts of our guests are of great value to our team and other fellow travelers. We truly want to know how well we did. Thank you again for sharing!
Safe journeys!

Reviewed September 24, 2013

Me and my family arrived at the hotel, and the front desk clerk (Nelson) informed me that my reservation was cancelled. I made my reservation trough Priceline and had a printed a reservation confirmation receipt. Nelson was very rude and said "your credit card was declined and don't even try to argue with me" while I was trying to show the confirmation. After my initial upset asking why nobody informed me about the "cancelled reservation" Nelson told me that the hotel was fully booked and that he could not do anything about it and started checking in the next guy in line. When I was trying to figure out what to do and the guy noticed me calling priceline to complain, he called me over the front desk and said that he was going to check if he could do something for us (with the tone and attitude of " I am doing you a favor"). The guy finally checked us in and offered a pretty lame explanation of what happened, apparently they can cancel your reservation (without notice) even after priceline has confirmed it. But my room was still reserved!!! I was charged almost US400 dollars while the priceline price was US324. I felt humiliated when the guy almost yelled to the lobby that my credit card was declined. Nobody has contacted me yet about the supposedly "declined credit card" and I can't help but think that I was the victim of some sort of scam to make me pay more than I was supposed to.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
Hyatt Place Dewey Beach
#3 of 13 in Dewey Beach
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conference Center
Atlantic Sands Hotel & Conferenc...
#20 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Brighton Suites Hotel
Brighton Suites Hotel
#13 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach

Been to Holiday Inn Express Rehoboth Beach? Share your experiences!