“Always a neat place to visit.”
Review of Penny Lane Mall

Penny Lane Mall
South Williamsport, Pennsylvania
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Always a neat place to visit.”
Reviewed June 16, 2012

Great toy and candy shop with toys and candy from a variety of decades!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank Shane L

Baltimore, Maryland
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Very Quaint”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We always visit Penny Lane while we are in Rehoboth. We enjoy the little shops and the atmosphere of that part of Rehoboth Beach. We don't have children, but still enjoy the toy store. We've also purchased many pairs of sunglasses over the years in the sunglass shop. The other shops have limited inventory, but are still fun to "window shop."

Visited March 2012
Lehigh Valley, Pennsylvania
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Penny Lane A Cute Distraction”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Penny Lane is sort of the 'Diagon Alley' of Rehoboth Avenue. A wrought iron sign announces the small thoroughfare that is lined with boutique stores.

The three constants of Penny Lane are a jewelry store, a toy store specializing in old-fashioned toys and tricks, and Cafe Papillon, a delightful, French-owned outdoor cafe with the best croissants I've ever eaten.

The other stores have changed from year to year and as of late I find them expensive or uninteresting. So while it carries a lot of childhood beach vacation memories, I have to say I am surprised that Penny Lane is one of the top 10 attractions in Rehoboth Beach as of this writing. I feel like it could be renewed with the addition of a small restaurant to attract more traffic.

1 Thank Kimberly M
Hyannis, Massachusetts
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Penny Lane shops”
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Beautiful old New England type alley with an interesting variety of shops. During the Jazz Festival you are likely to find an outdoor jazz combo or piped in jazz background music.

From classic coffees to boutiques, there are many interesting and attractive cubbyholes to explore. One of my favorites is the little shop which sells the Peace Frog line.
The shops are open, and when one proprietor is out, the shopkeeper across the way is likely to step in and show you around.

Old world caring and a leisurely stroll of a sunny, or rainy afternoon.

Visited October 2011
2 Thank Mac M
eastern PA
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Penny Lane - Fun for all - is quite possibly the children's #1 attraction”
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I am kinda of kidding here...but forget the beach...forget Funland, forget the boardwalk, during the year in between vacation all my kids can talk about is PENNY LANE. There is a store called Fun for all that they absolutely love. It has candy from around the time I was a kid, cheaply priced and fun to eat. It is tons of fun walking through that tiny store and talking to your children about the kind of candy that was around when I was a kid. They also have tons of vintage style toys. I think we visited that store almost everyday, sometimes twice. They love it! Cafe Papillion is also an excellent place for crepes and pastries. Nice outdoor seating area. The ham and cheese and the strawberries and cream crepes are HUGE and very good. Visit Penny Lane when in rehoboth.

Visited August 2011