“Very Quaint”
Review of Penny Lane Mall

Penny Lane Mall
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We always visit Penny Lane while we are in Rehoboth. We enjoy the little shops and the atmosphere of that part of Rehoboth Beach. We don't have children, but still enjoy the toy store. We've also purchased many pairs of sunglasses over the years in the sunglass shop. The other shops have limited inventory, but are still fun to "window shop."

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Penny Lane is sort of the 'Diagon Alley' of Rehoboth Avenue. A wrought iron sign announces the small thoroughfare that is lined with boutique stores.

The three constants of Penny Lane are a jewelry store, a toy store specializing in old-fashioned toys and tricks, and Cafe Papillon, a delightful, French-owned outdoor cafe with the best croissants I've ever eaten.

The other stores have changed from year to year and as of late I find them expensive or uninteresting. So while it carries a lot of childhood beach vacation memories, I have to say I am surprised that Penny Lane is one of the top 10 attractions in Rehoboth Beach as of this writing. I feel like it could be renewed with the addition of a small restaurant to attract more traffic.

1  Thank Kimberly M
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Beautiful old New England type alley with an interesting variety of shops. During the Jazz Festival you are likely to find an outdoor jazz combo or piped in jazz background music.

From classic coffees to boutiques, there are many interesting and attractive cubbyholes to explore. One of my favorites is the little shop which sells the Peace Frog line.
The shops are open, and when one proprietor is out, the shopkeeper across the way is likely to step in and show you around.

Old world caring and a leisurely stroll of a sunny, or rainy afternoon.

2  Thank Mac M
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I am kinda of kidding here...but forget the beach...forget Funland, forget the boardwalk, during the year in between vacation all my kids can talk about is PENNY LANE. There is a store called Fun for all that they absolutely love. It has candy from around the time I was a kid, cheaply priced and fun to eat. It is tons of fun walking through that tiny store and talking to your children about the kind of candy that was around when I was a kid. They also have tons of vintage style toys. I think we visited that store almost everyday, sometimes twice. They love it! Cafe Papillion is also an excellent place for crepes and pastries. Nice outdoor seating area. The ham and cheese and the strawberries and cream crepes are HUGE and very good. Visit Penny Lane when in rehoboth.

4  Thank ihearthistory
Reviewed June 23, 2011

My husband and I have lived in & been visiting this area for years. Penny Lane Mall is a small strip mall off of Rehoboth Avenue that connects Rehoboth Avenue to Wilmington Avenue. It has a nice brick walkway and beautiful white twinkle lights that come on at night. I find it to have lots of charm & even be a tad romantic at night. We usually use this Mall as a way to cut through from one street to another. We usually don't SHOP here. I have not found any of the shops to be anything special. Currently there is a silk flower shop, peace frogs, gift shop, jewelry store, magic/toy store in Penny Lane Mall. There are a few more shops in addition to Cafe Papillon & Archie's Ice Cream. I have been in the Peace Frogs here, but it is super tiny & just in a corner of another shop. Their selection is VERY limited & it is always HOT in there. I am always disappointed with this Peace Frogs location. However, we REALLY enjoy Cafe Papillon. It has delicious fresh made crepes.

I would recommend a stroll through Penny Lane. It is just a collection of 10-12 (or so) small shops & will only take a few minutes to check it out. PLUS I would HIGHLY recommend a stop a Cafe Papillon (see separate review)!!