WINNER WONDERLAND

“Tread lightly” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Coffee Mill

The Coffee Mill
Cuisines: Cafe, American
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
West Virginia
“Tread lightly”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2012

My boyfriend and I stopped in here for the first time last summer. There wad a sign on the door that had a picture of Hora Kotb from the Today Show with the owner. I guess it was one of her favorite coffee shops.

Some words of advice... if you are new to the Coffee Mill, I would download their menu first and make sure you know EXACTLY what you want before you go in. The men taking orders do NOT like to wait! If you keep them waiting for more than a second or two, expect to get the evil eye and a bad attitude! In all fairness... I can see why they're like that. This place is ALWAYS busy, and they're just trying to get everyone's orders out in a timely manner.

The Mill itself is a cute shop. VERY small space though. Place your order, then move to the left where the little window is. That is where your order will come. The condiment station is very small, by the door. We also stopped here 3 times when we were in last week. The creamer container emptied on the second day, and instead of filling it they left it up to the customers to use the creamer out of the fridge. It was like that for 2 days.

Skip the smoothies. On this trip, I got the blueberry pomegranate smoothie on the first day. I received it with about an inch of syrupy stuff on the bottom. No matter how much I shook or stirred it, it just wouldn't mix in with the rest.

The iced coffee is pretty good, and my boyfriend liked the americano. The only food I tried was a plain bagel with cream cheese. It was awesome! They packed the cheese in there.

It's worth trying out at least once, I suppose. There aren't too many alternatives inside the boardwalk area besides hotel cafe's. Just beware of the ill-mannered barista's!

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Rhiannon_Todd

Baltimore, Maryland
“Good coffee, inside is so so, outside is the place to sip and relax.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

I was taken here by a relative who does the ritual of coffee out a few mornings a week. It is more about the atmosphere than the coffee. In a decent sized town this joint would be buried by the competition. Hey I dig the laid back atmosphere...but get your coffee and drink it outside. The inside is so cluttered and small it made me understand claustrophobia. Anyway the other "attraction" are the young "boy man" barristas who fuss over the slightest order snafu. And don't miss the owner...if he happens by to check on the staff and makes eye contact with you, you will get an animated sassy comedic response ala Billy Crystal's SNL days. If the cafeine don't wake you up the experience will. Pretty cool joint.

• Visited September 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Allentown, Pennsylvania
“good coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

Stopped for coffee in mid day, friendly staff, Good coffee, bought some of the souveniers. My only complaint had a hard time getting the lid to stay on

Visited August 2012
Willow Street, Pennsylvania
“The Best!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2012

Every time I go to Rehoboth I visit the Coffee Mill at least twice a day. The best coffee in Rehoboth!! A clean shop, nice people and great coffee and food. I just love it

Visited August 2012
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“The only place for coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

This is our 7th summer in Rehoboth Beach, and The Coffee Mill is the only place for coffee in Rehoboth. I never get breakfast here - we run a circuit, here for coffee and Lingos for pastries. I'm a devoted Starbucks junkie, and the #1 (jungle java) is a perfect replacement. My ONLY complaint is that they opt for cheap, thin paper coffee cup insulators that are worthless. When you're dragging a wagon full of kids 4 blocks, having to switch hands or put your coffee down is no fun.

The inside is full of junk and is very cluttered with only one table, but they have lots tables outside where all of the locals gather to talk.

• Visited August 2012