“Best massage ever!!”
Review of Fusion Salon & Day Spa - CLOSED

Fusion Salon & Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Beachfront Couples Massage, BioVisage Facials, Body Treatments, Full Body Waxing, Best Day Spa in Delaware.
Dover, Delaware
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best massage ever!!”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I went here for our anniversary and it was amazing!! It was the best massage either of us have ever had and we get them often! Don't listen to the negative reviews , try it for yourself And you will see those people were wrong!! The owner was so nice, we were running late and he was totally understandable and still let us get our full services. We will def be back in the future.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Nicole742

Lewes, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“WOW!!!”
Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

I read some negative reviews on here well they are wrong! I called early this morning before they opened, and a few minutes later I received a text asking how they could help me WOW. We had the couples massage package they advertise, wonderful place, people and atmosphere. We will definatly be back

Visited April 2013
2 Thank billnheather
Leesburg, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dishonest and Not Sanitary”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Do not buy gift cards from this business. I bought one a year ago for two pedicures. By the time we tried to redeem, Fusion no longer did pedicures (I suspect shut down for sanitary reasons). The owner "offered" massages or any other of their services (?) but we were not interested in them and asked for a refund. After waiting for nearly a month for his answer, he said his third-party service wouldn't allow it. When I went to my credit card company, he put up the notice on his website that nothing was refundable (even if they no longer offer the same services). DISHONEST!!!

And I looked at the place a month or so ago - I wouldn't expose parts of my body to anything in that establishment.

Visited December 2012
1 Thank SCL1955
Unopen, General Manager at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
We have been in business for over 4 years with no issues with our gift card system and way of doing business. It concerns me greatly that this type of review is on Trip Advisor at all. We go out of our way to pamper people and make them feel like one of our family.

We are shocked that this person because he wasn't able to get his money back from a gift card due to change in services. It states on all our online gift cards print outs "Certificates has no cash value, and no cash back will be given for unused balances. Certificate value is non-refundable." I honored the gift card for the full year even though he caused all these issues.

Then because I wasn't able to refund his money because of this. He tries to see if he can dispute the charge with Discover which he states on the Trip Advisor... but I had all documentation to prove to Discover ... we were in the right. but blames it on the information stated on my website. The credit card companies don't look at the merchants website to make discisions on charge backs .....they know gift cards aren't refundable online.

He didn't get anywhere with myself or Discover (his own credit card) so he proceeded to slander me on Trip Advisor. Which i thought these reviews were supposed to be true and honest experiences in the place of business ??

I have only spoke to this guy twice but never seen him at all. Feb 13 2012 is the date when he purchased this online gift card but he proceeded to state that "we were shut down for sanitary reasons" which he is assuming not ever been here but not the case.....we had staffing issues if you must know truth. I have never been "Dishonest or Unsanitary" as stated in this review if I was my business would be shut down not getting ready to open second location.

He stated he looked at the spa a month ago on his review. We were closed from Dec 2012 to Feb 2 2013 due to renovations of the Hotel. We are also inside the Hotel with one entrance and everyone who comes into the spa books an appointment so if this person was here ...we would have seen him and spoke to him . Furthermore.... he had the gift card for 12 months before writing this review.

Please review on website for reviews that are writing by customers who love our spa and where we are going to the future.
“Mediocre”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

The overall experience was just OK. The entrance area itself looked like it was being used for storage. The massage was good, but the room was freezing and not at all cozy. White tile floor and white walls did not lend itself to a relaxing environment. It felt more like a hospital than a spa. At the counter after the massage, we mentioned that the room was cold, and received nothing but excuses about the window seals that leak in outside air. The biggest concern was the overall cleanliness of the facility, the floor was not clean, and the bathroom shower had employees personal items in it, and was obviously regularly used. The staff also looked unkept. Would not reccomend.

Unopen, General Manager at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
We are sorry about your concerns....

Its just kind of funny that Saturday we were booked all day and all 6 couples before you wrote in our book of how much they love us here and love the spa and re-booked but then we get reviews like this even after you stated the massage was good...

One of the reviews are as follows:

This lady was in the same room you were in at 4 pm same day.

Oct 8 2012

Rob, Robin & Angela was awesome!! Can't wait to come back for the couples retreat package. Had a massage in Barcelona, Spain that didn't compare to this...

Susan

*To address the things in your review.

1) We are always cleaning everyday. We deep cleaning weekly. The floor is tile and this is a beach area. It will happen that when you walk in bare feet on tile your feet pick up sand or anything on the floor but I assure you we clean daily and deep clean weekly

1) The entrance area was just changed from pedicure room to a new oceanfront entrance with chair massage and will be filled with new products in the spring. People walk in and out of the oceanfront entrance and love it .....not sure what you mean,

2) The room you were in was an oceanfront suite that used to be part of the Hotel and got 300 to 500 a night in room revenue, The only difference is two massage beds not a king bed. Why was it okay for people to pay 300 to 500 a night as Hotel room but for a good massage for two for $ 150 is not???

3) You mentioned that the room was cold. The day before was 80+ degrees and we had the a/c on at 70 degrees to make sure the room was not humid for the clients. We leave the air on overnight to keep the room at normal temp of 70 degrees. We didn't expect the temp to drop to 50's the next day. When we came in you asked us to turn the air off we put the system on heat to warm the room. You also had thermal blankets on your tables and we put a hot towel on your back as well. Most people take the blanket off because they are too hot. We have table warmers as well but we don't put them on till winter. As for the room with air leaking through the door that is the Hotel's issue I will let them know to fix it as soon as possible.

4) As for the bathroom I asked my staff about it ....We worked till 9 pm the night before an the towel and robe must of been missed because the last couple took a shower before we closed at 9 pm. But I assure you it isn't the staffs personal items. I believe it was on the back of the door an when the door is open you don't see anything hanging behind the door. Sorry we missed it ....

5) Our staff is well kept we wear all black or black and tan so not sure if that was an insult or not
towards myself and my staff but in 4 years never once has someone complained about the dress code of myself or my staff..

We hope you try us again in the future....have a great day!!

GM.
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great boardwalk Couples massage for the $$$”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We went to Fusions today, it is a small beach spa right off the boardwalk in a great location. Right away I knew from on the boardwalk that this spa was going to be a cute small business. It doesn't have all of the bells & whistles of the bigger brand named spas but, it does offer full service treatments for couples at a reasonable price. When my husband and I arrived we were greeted by friendly staff. We were directed to the sauna/hot tub room where we were given time to relax and enjoy the ammenties while waiting for our massages. It was very clean & ready for our arrival. Then we put on our robes, sat infront of the fireplace and waited a few mins. We saw the strawberries & champagne for the last couple and it looked delicious (it looked so good, when we go back we will have to upgrade) Our massage therapists came in to get us, we were led down the hall to the massage room. It was fully equipped with 2 massage beds & our massage girls were very fun & professional at the same time. Overall I enjoyed this experience, the massage was great for the money. I am an avid spa goer. I do have membership with Aruba sun & spa and have been to About faces & Spa in the valley in Maryland. Again, for anyone reading this post. This is a small spa that does offer all of the same core services at the BEACH for 1/2 the price. Its nice to have somwhere to go when your away from home. If your in the area or on vacation.....make an appointment & check them out. No one should have to pay 100's of dollars for spa treatments and this place will prove that. Perfect for anyone on vacation at the beach on a budget. I love that they are couple friendly & we will be back!

6 Thank Italksalot2u
, Owner at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
We would like to take the time to tell you thanks for the beautiful words you wrote about our day spa. It truly means a lot to us that you feel the way you did about our spa. We welcome you with open arms anytime your back in the area and we will pamper you guys when you come back to see us again. Champagne & Chocolate covered Strawberries will be waiting =)

Fusion Day Spa