“Great boardwalk Couples massage for the $$$”

Fusion Salon & Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Beachfront Couples Massage, BioVisage Facials, Body Treatments, Full Body Waxing, Best Day Spa in Delaware.
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great boardwalk Couples massage for the $$$”
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We went to Fusions today, it is a small beach spa right off the boardwalk in a great location. Right away I knew from on the boardwalk that this spa was going to be a cute small business. It doesn't have all of the bells & whistles of the bigger brand named spas but, it does offer full service treatments for couples at a reasonable price. When my husband and I arrived we were greeted by friendly staff. We were directed to the sauna/hot tub room where we were given time to relax and enjoy the ammenties while waiting for our massages. It was very clean & ready for our arrival. Then we put on our robes, sat infront of the fireplace and waited a few mins. We saw the strawberries & champagne for the last couple and it looked delicious (it looked so good, when we go back we will have to upgrade) Our massage therapists came in to get us, we were led down the hall to the massage room. It was fully equipped with 2 massage beds & our massage girls were very fun & professional at the same time. Overall I enjoyed this experience, the massage was great for the money. I am an avid spa goer. I do have membership with Aruba sun & spa and have been to About faces & Spa in the valley in Maryland. Again, for anyone reading this post. This is a small spa that does offer all of the same core services at the BEACH for 1/2 the price. Its nice to have somwhere to go when your away from home. If your in the area or on vacation.....make an appointment & check them out. No one should have to pay 100's of dollars for spa treatments and this place will prove that. Perfect for anyone on vacation at the beach on a budget. I love that they are couple friendly & we will be back!

6 Thank Italksalot2u
, Owner at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this review, July 9, 2012
We would like to take the time to tell you thanks for the beautiful words you wrote about our day spa. It truly means a lot to us that you feel the way you did about our spa. We welcome you with open arms anytime your back in the area and we will pamper you guys when you come back to see us again. Champagne & Chocolate covered Strawberries will be waiting =)

Fusion Day Spa
Staff

Washington DC
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 90 helpful votes
“Worst Pedicure I've Ever Had ($40!)”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I live in this area and wanted to take my 80 year old mother to get a pedicure somewhere that doesn't have stairs to climb. My usual places (Bad Hair Day or Made Ya Look) both have stairs. I decided to try this and experience their "oceanfront" nail salon. The whole experience was awful. First off, when I called I asked if they could do TWO pedicures. I was told "sure, what time?" "How about noon?" "Okay two pedicures at noon." Well imagine my surprise when I got there and there was ONE manicurist for both of us. Obviously, it was not my intention to book the appointments one after another and I should have been told that they could not do simultaneous services. So, my poor mother sat staring out the window with her feet in the water for 35 minutes while i got my pedicure. The actual pedicure itself was dreadful, I've had better for half the price. Literally. I was told that all of their pedicures involve a leg massage and are like spa pedicures, that the only difference between the spa and the basic was a paraffin wax (included in the spa, not the basic). I don't know what these people think a leg massage is but all i got was a wet washcloth on my legs. Yes my feet were scrubbed with loofah mitts for about ten seconds but that was it. My mother's pedicure was so bad when we left she needed to file one of her nails because it was uneven and had snag on it. As for the ambience, there is none. I agree with Nikki, this place needs a serious makeover. The "oceanfront nail salon"? A bland almost empty room from which you can almost see the ocean. The whole place was like being in someone's half finished basement. I thought they must have just opened and was shocked when the nail person told me she had worked there 2 years. Absolutely dreadful, $80 later (not including the tip) I felt abused and ripped off. Don't go.

Visited June 2012
, Owner at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
We are here to please all our spa clients. If there was a problem or concern at the time of the service we always are there to discuss and if you felt like you weren't tended to the way you would liked. We would have taken care of it by finding you another spa to go or not charging you for services you werent happy with. We want everyone to be happy with their spa services or we would not be in business if everyone felt the same. We never really have any issues with our services so for these reviews to be posted on Tripadvisor not really sure why they all just dont state it while present so it can be resolved at that time. People rather go on Tripadvisor and say bad things/ hurt peoples business when truly it all come down to your not happy with your service, style of the place or being charged spa service your not happy with. We cant help you with the problem if you dont tell us about your concerns while at the Spa which none of these people who wrote reviews on Tripadvisor do.... hmmmm. It also hard for me to believe the we have hundreds of repeat customers and we keep growing if this type of service which you state is happeing. Everyone who comes in rebooks more services during their week stay at the beach and we see them year after year.

We are a beach spa retreat not a hodge podge stuck up salon & day spa with decor decor decor. Which I feel that most of the people who do these type of reviews on Tripadvisor go to this type of spas mostly to get the reviews we do. We are down to earth people not dressed to the hilt. We care about your comfort and here to relax you. Everything we do is to relax you. We are not a nail salon were your in an out in 15 to 20 mins. We have had pedicure parties of 8 to 12 women without a complaint ever and they are here for hours relaxing.

We have over 250 + happy customer reviews in our guestbook and on our website and we have another 5 Star review under Fusion Day Spa.... which states "Beautiful Facility" they were at our spa in Rehoboth Oceanfront not Bethany Beach because it wasn't Oceanfront .....please read.......

Our reviews are written by customers who love what we do and where we are going in the future... and they are repeat customers mostly .....we have them all in a book for viewing in the customers own handwritting =)

As for the makeover?? We were chosen to have a picture of our Spa in the Delaware Today Ultimate Guide to Delaware 2012. So my question is why would a company like Delaware Today come in to our spa if we need a makeover as you state.....hmmmm We are consistantly remodeling and adding new services. As of May 2012 we opened a NEW Oceanfront Manicure & Pedicure room with access from the boardwalk now.

Honestly, we are sorry you were not happy with the service but we believe we do quality work and quality service as stated by hundreds of other customers/clients with valid reviews in our guestbook and on our website.

We hope you visit us again ....soon...
R.L.
Georgetown, Delaware
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Best experience EVER!!!!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had been to the spa maybe 2 years ago for a bachelorette party and had an amazing experience but me and my boyfriend went in April for the couples massage and it was definately amazing. The staff was the best and everything was perfect. The massage was outstanding and I would recommend them to anyone. You will not leave disappointed. I am definately planning on scheduling another massage very soon :)

Robb is an amazing guy and has become one of my good friends...

Keep up the great work everyone and see you soon!!!!!!

8 Thank Anw1588
Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The place needs a makeover”
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The spa was nothing like there website. It needs a good cleaning and a makeover. Also the massage just ended up being uncomfortable. I was never asked if I wanted a man or woman to do my massage. Will I go back there again...no!

Visited November 2011
1 Thank NikkiM123
Unopen, Owner at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
For people who read this review....

Just a note to readers: this review is written 7 months after they stated to be in our spa in November 2011???

Please read the 200 + happy customer reviews on our website and our other review under Fusion Day Spa.... which states "Beautiful Facility" please read.......

They are written by customers who love what we do and where we are going in the future... and they are repeat customers mostly .....we have them all in a book for viewing in the customers own handwritting =)

As for our website are all pics from our spa. As for the makeover?? We were chosen to have a picture of the Spa in the Delaware Today Ultimate Guide to Delaware 2012. So my question is why would a company like Delaware Today come in to our spa if we weren't clean and need a makeover as you state.....hmmmm We are consistantly remodeling and adding new services. As of May 2012 we opened a NEW Oceanfront Manicure, Pedicure, and Hair room with access from the boardwalk now.

Not sure ....why you the issue of a male or female therapist to someone who gets a massage regularly its not if its a male or female it the quality of work and all my staff does quality/professional work.....if you stated you didn't want a male or female then we would of gotten exactly what you wanted. People who have issues with a male or female usually state it at the time of booking... I guess you didn't state it at the time of booking.

In 3 years ......only these 4 reviews on trip advisor are the only bad reviews we have gotten. All basically the same thing if you look closely to wording... so its hard to believe that so many love it here at the Fusion Salon & Day Spa but only 4 out of 5150 satisfied customers dont like what we are doing.. hmmm. We think we are doing a GREAT JOB!! We keep expanding as well...

We hope you will try us again in the future ... thanks for the review
Neptune, New Jersey
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Three Words - Don't Go Here”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

My partner and I have had many massages...this was overall not a good experience. I don't need an owner who brags about how many massages he did last year or what a great masseuse he is. Don't push me to write something nice in your comment book either. The work ultimately should speak for itself. The ambience is lacking, great that you are supposedly remodeling/expanding...ultimately, proof is in the quality of service, which wasn't good either. There was no paperwork, no introductions, no inquiries about problem areas, etc...not for nothing, but this is pretty standard procedure. The work was choppy and not overly soothing. Combine the tacky skipping cd and it was not relaxing. My masseuse left the room a few times due to her allergies. Fine, thanks for telling me but you should extend the time for the 8-10 minutes you were gone. Our massages were about 70 minutes in length...not 90. Stupid me should have gone on Tripadvisor like I normally do. In addition, the owners response below to the dissatisfied customer, speaks volumes. Without question, go elsewhere.

2 Thank Dannan
Unopen, Owner at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
For people who read this review .... every story has two sides.

Please read the 200 + happy customer reviews on our website. ...thanks

We ask you if you liked your massage if "Yes" we ask you to sign the guessbook thats it.
So if you said Yes you were asked........so why you were asked ??
No one forced anyone to sign the guestbook.....seriously!!

If we were doing therapuetic massage or you stated there were medical issues.....we would had you fill out medical paperwork for issues but none of this was stated while here by either. Most people state their issues at time of massage. This is a beach relaxation spa not therapuetic massage office.

In 3 years ......only these 3 reviews on trip advisor are the only bad reviews we have gotten. All basically the same thing if you look closely to wording... so its hard to believe that so many love it here at the Fusion Salon & Day Spa but only 3 out of 5000 satisfied customers dont like what we are doing.. hmmm. We think we are doing a GREAT JOB!! We keep expanding as well...

We hope you will try us again in the future ... thanks for the review. .