“Best experience EVER!!!!”
Review of Fusion Salon & Day Spa - CLOSED

Fusion Salon & Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Beachfront Couples Massage, BioVisage Facials, Body Treatments, Full Body Waxing, Best Day Spa in Delaware.
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I had been to the spa maybe 2 years ago for a bachelorette party and had an amazing experience but me and my boyfriend went in April for the couples massage and it was definately amazing. The staff was the best and everything was perfect. The massage was outstanding and I would recommend them to anyone. You will not leave disappointed. I am definately planning on scheduling another massage very soon :)

Robb is an amazing guy and has become one of my good friends...

Keep up the great work everyone and see you soon!!!!!!

8  Thank Anw1588

Reviewed June 13, 2012

The spa was nothing like there website. It needs a good cleaning and a makeover. Also the massage just ended up being uncomfortable. I was never asked if I wanted a man or woman to do my massage. Will I go back there again...no!

1  Thank NikkiM123
Unopen, Owner at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

For people who read this review....

Just a note to readers: this review is written 7 months after they stated to be in our spa in November 2011???

Please read the 200 + happy customer reviews on our website and our other review under Fusion Day Spa.... which states "Beautiful Facility" please read.......

They are written by customers who love what we do and where we are going in the future... and they are repeat customers mostly .....we have them all in a book for viewing in the customers own handwritting =)

As for our website are all pics from our spa. As for the makeover?? We were chosen to have a picture of the Spa in the Delaware Today Ultimate Guide to Delaware 2012. So my question is why would a company like Delaware Today come in to our spa if we weren't clean and need a makeover as you state.....hmmmm We are consistantly remodeling and adding new services. As of May 2012 we opened a NEW Oceanfront Manicure, Pedicure, and Hair room with access from the boardwalk now.

Not sure ....why you the issue of a male or female therapist to someone who gets a massage regularly its not if its a male or female it the quality of work and all my staff does quality/professional work.....if you stated you didn't want a male or female then we would of gotten exactly what you wanted. People who have issues with a male or female usually state it at the time of booking... I guess you didn't state it at the time of booking.

In 3 years ......only these 4 reviews on trip advisor are the only bad reviews we have gotten. All basically the same thing if you look closely to wording... so its hard to believe that so many love it here at the Fusion Salon & Day Spa but only 4 out of 5150 satisfied customers dont like what we are doing.. hmmm. We think we are doing a GREAT JOB!! We keep expanding as well...

Honestly, we are sorry you were not happy with the service but we believe we do quality work and quality service as stated by hundreds of other customers/clients with valid reviews in our guestbook and on our website.

We hope you will try us again in the future ... thanks for the review

Reviewed April 10, 2012

My partner and I have had many massages...this was overall not a good experience. I don't need an owner who brags about how many massages he did last year or what a great masseuse he is. Don't push me to write something nice in your comment book either. The work ultimately should speak for itself. The ambience is lacking, great that you are supposedly remodeling/expanding...ultimately, proof is in the quality of service, which wasn't good either. There was no paperwork, no introductions, no inquiries about problem areas, etc...not for nothing, but this is pretty standard procedure. The work was choppy and not overly soothing. Combine the tacky skipping cd and it was not relaxing. My masseuse left the room a few times due to her allergies. Fine, thanks for telling me but you should extend the time for the 8-10 minutes you were gone. Our massages were about 70 minutes in length...not 90. Stupid me should have gone on Tripadvisor like I normally do. In addition, the owners response below to the dissatisfied customer, speaks volumes. Without question, go elsewhere.

2  Thank Dannan
Unopen, Owner at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2012

For people who read this review .... every story has two sides.

Please read the 200 + happy customer reviews on our website. ...thanks

We ask you if you liked your massage if "Yes" we ask you to sign the guessbook thats it.
So if you said Yes you were asked........so why you were asked ??
No one forced anyone to sign the guestbook.....seriously!!

If we were doing therapuetic massage or you stated there were medical issues.....we would had you fill out medical paperwork for issues but none of this was stated while here by either. Most people state their issues at time of massage. This is a beach relaxation spa not therapuetic massage office.

In 3 years ......only these 3 reviews on trip advisor are the only bad reviews we have gotten. All basically the same thing if you look closely to wording... so its hard to believe that so many love it here at the Fusion Salon & Day Spa but only 3 out of 5000 satisfied customers dont like what we are doing.. hmmm. We think we are doing a GREAT JOB!! We keep expanding as well...

We hope you will try us again in the future ... thanks for the review. .

Reviewed April 7, 2012

they opened just for us because we had a reservation (not normally open on sundays). everything is new, the hot tub and spa room are great (our package came with strawberries and champagne!) and the couples massages while looking at the ocean was so perfect and relaxing!

5  Thank ViVARestaurants

We want to thank you for your kind words. We take pride in our work. We hope you visit us again soon =)

Reviewed November 4, 2011

I invited my best friend to the beach for the weekend and offered to treat her to a massage for her 50th birthday. We researched a number of spas in Rehoboth/Bethany over the internet and decided on Fusion Salon & Day Spa.

Once we located the spa in a hotel basement (not easy without signage), we entered what appeared to be a dingy nail salon with an old sofa. Red light number one. There was no decor or spa atmosphere whatsoever. The staff at the front desk was cordial and said they were just finishing up from a previous massage and would be with us shortly. We asked if we should fill out the paperwork one usually receives prior to getting a spa treatment and were told, “Oh, we don’t bother with that here.” Red light number two. Wouldn't it be a liability not to request the clients' medical history??

Given that first impressions can be misleading, we tried to remain optimistic. After a couple of minutes we were led across the hall where we entered a single treatment room with two beds. Yes, you heard me correctly! I asked if they had mistakenly put us down for a couples massage and we were told that they only have two treatment rooms and each room has two beds. Of course, they said the other room was already booked. It would have been nice if that had been mentioned on the website or at the very least over the phone when I booked the appointments! The massage room was just as drab and dingy as the nail salon/waiting area with track lighting on the ceiling, a rattling heating and air unit, and only a single plastic chair on which to place our clothing. There was no privacy, no hooks to hang our clothes on, and no robes or sandals offered. Sorry, how many red lights is that?

My friend and I were both scheduled for combination Sports/Swedish massages. My friends’ masseur was the owner. She said he did a so-so (Swedish only) massage, although some unusual techniques were used near the neck that led her to believe her air supply might be cut off at any time. I had a masseuse who looked exhausted, had this awful hacking cough, and dropped things several times during the massage. The only way I can classify my massage was that it was more like an hour and a half gentle rub.

I can't say with confidence that either of them had any training as to the anatomy and physiology of the human body. I have to wonder if these folks learned their trade by watching massage videos, if they were licensed, and if they paid someone to put good reviews on the internet. DO NOT believe the other reviews! The best thing we can say is that we will have years of laughter recalling this uniquely inadequate experience.

2  Thank S K
Unopen, Owner at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

We are a Mini Spa Retreat with relaxed atmosphere. We are here to provide great services at reasonable prices not decor..decor....decor to hide the quality of work like most.. We have been in the business for 3 great years and we have never oversold the look of our Mini Spa Retreat to anyone. We want everyone to be happy & feel great after receiving spa services at our Mini Spa Retreat that is our goal. There are pictures of our Mini Spa Retreat on the national social websites for public to view and if you wanted pictures before your booking appointments..... we would of provide them to you....we have before & everyone has booked appointments go figure that. No questions were asked at time of your booking. Also, nothing was stated at time of check in, during the spa service, or at the end of your spa service as to there being a problem or red flag as stated....if so it would have been corrected immediately if possible or we would of found you another day spa to accommodate your needs at that time. We would not have tons of repeat clients & re-bookings of groups for future dates if we did the type of business you are stating in your review. We honestly hope you will visit another Day Spa that will better suit your needs the next time you are in Rehoboth & we understand it will not be with us because of your review but we honestly do not appreciate being trashed/slandered about our professions, telling other people not to believe our reviews, and stating that we paid the clients that wrote the 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor....really..... why would you even say that just because your not happy. If you would like we will send you a copy of our guestbook so you can see the great reviews that are in the clients handwriting to prove that they are REAL people not paid for and are all those reviews are about our great quality of service, great customer service, and how they love our Mini Spa Retreat because we are not like other snotty/stuck up Day Spas that just plain don’t care. By the way.....we all have professional licenses from accredited schools or we would NOT be able to be in business at all because they verify randomly.

Sorry you were not happy ......we hope you have a great day!!

R. L.