“Dingy and disappointing!!!”
Review of Fusion Salon & Day Spa - CLOSED

Fusion Salon & Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Beachfront Couples Massage, BioVisage Facials, Body Treatments, Full Body Waxing, Best Day Spa in Delaware.
Reviewed November 4, 2011

I invited my best friend to the beach for the weekend and offered to treat her to a massage for her 50th birthday. We researched a number of spas in Rehoboth/Bethany over the internet and decided on Fusion Salon & Day Spa.

Once we located the spa in a hotel basement (not easy without signage), we entered what appeared to be a dingy nail salon with an old sofa. Red light number one. There was no decor or spa atmosphere whatsoever. The staff at the front desk was cordial and said they were just finishing up from a previous massage and would be with us shortly. We asked if we should fill out the paperwork one usually receives prior to getting a spa treatment and were told, “Oh, we don’t bother with that here.” Red light number two. Wouldn't it be a liability not to request the clients' medical history??

Given that first impressions can be misleading, we tried to remain optimistic. After a couple of minutes we were led across the hall where we entered a single treatment room with two beds. Yes, you heard me correctly! I asked if they had mistakenly put us down for a couples massage and we were told that they only have two treatment rooms and each room has two beds. Of course, they said the other room was already booked. It would have been nice if that had been mentioned on the website or at the very least over the phone when I booked the appointments! The massage room was just as drab and dingy as the nail salon/waiting area with track lighting on the ceiling, a rattling heating and air unit, and only a single plastic chair on which to place our clothing. There was no privacy, no hooks to hang our clothes on, and no robes or sandals offered. Sorry, how many red lights is that?

My friend and I were both scheduled for combination Sports/Swedish massages. My friends’ masseur was the owner. She said he did a so-so (Swedish only) massage, although some unusual techniques were used near the neck that led her to believe her air supply might be cut off at any time. I had a masseuse who looked exhausted, had this awful hacking cough, and dropped things several times during the massage. The only way I can classify my massage was that it was more like an hour and a half gentle rub.

I can't say with confidence that either of them had any training as to the anatomy and physiology of the human body. I have to wonder if these folks learned their trade by watching massage videos, if they were licensed, and if they paid someone to put good reviews on the internet. DO NOT believe the other reviews! The best thing we can say is that we will have years of laughter recalling this uniquely inadequate experience.

2  Thank S K
Unopen, Owner at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2011

We are a Mini Spa Retreat with relaxed atmosphere. We are here to provide great services at reasonable prices not decor..decor....decor to hide the quality of work like most.. We have been in the business for 3 great years and we have never oversold the look of our Mini Spa Retreat to anyone. We want everyone to be happy & feel great after receiving spa services at our Mini Spa Retreat that is our goal. There are pictures of our Mini Spa Retreat on the national social websites for public to view and if you wanted pictures before your booking appointments..... we would of provide them to you....we have before & everyone has booked appointments go figure that. No questions were asked at time of your booking. Also, nothing was stated at time of check in, during the spa service, or at the end of your spa service as to there being a problem or red flag as stated....if so it would have been corrected immediately if possible or we would of found you another day spa to accommodate your needs at that time. We would not have tons of repeat clients & re-bookings of groups for future dates if we did the type of business you are stating in your review. We honestly hope you will visit another Day Spa that will better suit your needs the next time you are in Rehoboth & we understand it will not be with us because of your review but we honestly do not appreciate being trashed/slandered about our professions, telling other people not to believe our reviews, and stating that we paid the clients that wrote the 5 star reviews on Trip Advisor....really..... why would you even say that just because your not happy. If you would like we will send you a copy of our guestbook so you can see the great reviews that are in the clients handwriting to prove that they are REAL people not paid for and are all those reviews are about our great quality of service, great customer service, and how they love our Mini Spa Retreat because we are not like other snotty/stuck up Day Spas that just plain don’t care. By the way.....we all have professional licenses from accredited schools or we would NOT be able to be in business at all because they verify randomly.

Sorry you were not happy ......we hope you have a great day!!

R. L.

Reviewed October 6, 2011

I recently went to Fusion Salon & Spa with a wedding party and we all had such a relaxing time. We called all over town and we could not beat Fusion's prices. The women in our party had various services inlcluding: facials, hair & make-up, massages, and manicures and pedicures. Everything was top-notch and we were all very satisfied with the friendly service. The location in a beach-front hotel was also great and the spa itself was very clean and organized. The bride had the best time of all and I want to thank the manager for making sure that she had a stress-free day. It was truly a day to remember and we can't wait to return as a group or individualy.

14  Thank Cindi F
Unopen, Owner at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

We would like to take the time to thank you for coming in to our Mini Spa Retreat and hope to see you visti us again soon. Happy Thanksgiving !!

Reviewed September 19, 2011

We had a small wedding party that booked massages and facials. Despite the fact that we showed up on time for our appointments, two of the ladies had to wait 45 minutes for their services because the spa was understaffed. When we arrived, we were pretty surprised at the condition of this "spa". It's was very low budget: cheesy decor, worn furnishings and an overall unclean look. Everyone was dissatisfied with their services. My facial was rushed and sloppy. One of the products smelled like mold (even the person giving the facial commented on how bad it smelled). While wiping off the smelly crap, she let cold water run down my neck. I paid for a 30 minute facial (at 4-star spa prices) that was finished in 24 minutes and she left some sticky scrub in my eyebrows. My friend was also disappointed in her massage. It was more like a rub down with drugstore lotion (yes, it was Lubriderm..bottles of it stacked on the shelves). The person giving the massage stopped several times to gulp out of a soda bottle (not very soothing) and the room was freezing. It was also very loud, with the "relaxing" music blaring to try and cover the noise from the lobby. Overall, the services were uncomfortable, at best.
I will admit that we did not complain to the manager/owner. We paid the full prices for late, unprofessional service and left. We should have walked out as soon as we walked in and saw the place. Won't happen again.

4  Thank Redskinette_12
Unopen, Owner at Fusion Salon & Day Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2012

We have reviewed our books for Sept 2011 and still have not found this group on our books. We mark down anytime we have a person seems unhappy or dissatified with services. We didn't mark anything at all for August thru December 2011.

Just had to state that..

As to your review.... We are a beach retreat spa but we are super clean. We deep clean floors weekly. We don't have a lobby at all we are on private boardwalk level of Hotel. All beds have thermal blankets on them so not sure about "freezing" aspect most want it off because too warm. Our pricing is best in the Rehoboth area. So..... not sure where the "4 Star" pricing comment came from. This is why I don't believe this group was at our spa =). All our products are from L'Amourage/ BioVisage from Beverly Hills Anti Aging Spa by Dr. Gorman. The products are organic and smell like Hawaiian Scents. We use a Clarisonic to cleanse the face. We use Hot Water from water cooler & Hot Towels in Hot Cabi to remove all our facial products not sure how anything would be left on face...honestly. We use a ion steamer to moisten skin while masks is on then Hot Towels to remove it.

As for our massage therapists all have had excellent reviews just check our website...

So everyone reading this review ....

Please read the 200 + happy customer reviews on our website. ...thanks

They are written by customers who love what we do and where we are going in the future... and they are repeat customers mostly .....we have them all in a book for viewing in the customers own handwritting =)

Honestly, we are sorry you were not happy with the services you received but we believe we do quality work and quality service as stated by hundreds of other customers/clients with valid reviews in our guestbook and on our website.

We hope you will try us again in the future ... thanks for the review.