“believe the reviews--DON'T CAMP HERE!”

Delaware Seashore State Park
More attraction details
Owner description: From fishing and boating to surfing and sail boarding, this six-mile stretch of coastline boasts a wide variety of outdoor recreation for people of all ages.
Reviewed June 5, 2010

I kind of ignored the reviews...but don't. They should close this place to tent camping. It is one big parking lot of RV's and there is no nature to view. There is this huge concrete mess of construction within a stone's throw. My friends were so upset they wanted to leave as soon as we got there. Big waste of money and no refunds. Never have I seen a state park as ugly and horrible, no joke! Plus, you get the smallest camp site ever so everyone is within earshot.

4  Thank ebfuhrman
"camp store"
in 10 reviews
"north side"
in 20 reviews
"short walk to the beach"
in 10 reviews
"nice beach area"
"bathrooms and showers"
"shower area"

Reviewed August 23, 2009

We stayed for two nights at the Delaware Seashore State Park campground in a tent and it was poor. There is zero shade, the sites are small, and there is no privacy. The bridge next to the campground is under construction, which makes it noisy. The beach was very nice, but I've stayed at Cape Henlopen State Park and it is way nicer and the beach is just as good. Plus, there are lots of walking trails.

On a positive note, we ate one night at La Tonalteca (AKA La Tolteca) in Rehoboth Beach and it was yummy. It's a small chain, but the food was tasty and reasonably priced.

4  Thank njm5v
Reviewed October 13, 2008

The park campground is simply unlovely. It's an RV park 100 m from the highway. This time of the year, there were no bugs, and the amenities were fine. If you're tent camping, go to Cape Henlopen!

4  Thank mccambjd
Reviewed August 21, 2008

Delaware Seashore State Park is a wonderful place to visit. We camp in an RV and it is the only Delaware State Park to offer full hook ups which is very helpful! The sites are pull through style and have a paved surface. The balance of the site is mostly sand and be warned that there is no shade whatsoever. This never poses a problem for us because we have an awning, but if you don't it could prove to be a scorcher. The fishing from the Jetty is fantastic. You do, however, need a fishing license. You can get them online or at the park. A seven day pass runs you about $13.00. The beach is to die for and it is an easy walk under the bridge to the guarded beaches. The shower houses are newly remodeled and very nice. There is a wonderful playground for the kids to exhaust themselves. If you get bored at the campground you are smack dab in the middle of Rehoboth Beach and Ocean City, MD so you can take your pick. I don't think I would want to tent camp here, it looks pretty crammed and there is, again, no shade. The only downfall for us is that campfires are banned, but all in all we love this place!

1  Thank MyKidsAreCool
See more reviews
Reviewed August 4, 2008

My husband and I tent camped here for one night. Although they do not allow campfires (which is a MAJOR downer, in our opinion), we liked this campground. It was quiet, I think the ranger did a nice job of keeping the place managed. It was very clean, even the bathrooms and showers were quite nice. We did not find the campground to be too buggy, just normal buggy for a campground. The dumpster areas were not nasty like I've seen at other camps. The beach was about a 10 minute walk away, which I was kind of surprised by, since I thought the campsites were a bit closer to the beach. The second day, we used the pass that the campground gave us to park free at Tower Beach, up the road, so we could get in another beach day before heading back home. We just wish we could have had a fire, but we do understand the reasons for the prohibition- open field and very breezy + fire= not good.

3  Thank kgoldfien