“Gyro at their BEST” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Rehoboth Beach
“Gyro at their BEST”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

Gyro and Gyro Salad-SUPERB. Just ordered take-out and what a TREAT! Fresh grilled pita bread filled with flavorful gyro meat, lettuce tomatoes and sauce...The feta cheese add on was perfect! Also had the Gyro Salad and can not find fault anywhere. You have to try the rice pudding and other dessert-spelling horrible so not going there-but worth the calories, creamy and definitely homemade here! I could eat here everyday! Irene was HELPFUL and made the right suggestions...Well worth it.

• Visited July 2012

Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Best homemade hummus anywhere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I can't believe that in all the summers my son & husband & I have vacationed in Rehoboth Beach, DE we have never tried The Corner Grille, the little restaurant right next door to our hotel....until this summer. But now that we have we're hooked! Of the five days we spent in Rehoboth in June we ate there six times. We had breakfast: Greek omelet (gyro, feta, tomatoes), spinach pie omelet (spinach, feta, onions), pancakes w/chocolate chips. We had lunch: homemade hummus w/pita, gyro, souvlaki sandwich, gyro salad, grilled cheese (my son ate 2 of these per day!) And of course we had dessert: homemade baklava & homemade rice pudding. I do not exaggerate when I say that everything we ate at the Grille that week was to die for! The hummus, made by George, the owner, is hands down the BEST hummus I have ever eaten. It's smooth & chock full of flavor. Coupled with the warm pita bread it made the perfect appetizer. The baklava was layer upon layer of sticky, nutty goodness & the rice pudding, thick & creamy. Heavenly! On our way out of town on the last day we picked up some hummus w/pita, rice pudding & baklava to pop in the cooler for the long ride home.

The Corner Grille is not just great food...it's also great staff. Each time we visited we got a chance to talk to Irene, the owner's daughter, & her fiancee, George, our server. What warm & friendly folks they are. They welcomed us each day as if they'd known us forever.

We look forward to enjoying the food & friends we discovered at The Corner Grille each time we visit Rehoboth Beach.

• Visited June 2012
lincoln university PA
“great food all day”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

Great pancakes and homemade rice pudding; owner very attentive and friendly. Will revisit next time in Rehoboth.

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars
Pittsburgh, Pa
“Friendly service - good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2011

The owner was really nice and the service was really fast. That was a big plus with 3 young kids. The kids got kids meals and they looked good (hot dog and grilled cheese). I got an Italian sub that was better than the one I had at an Italian place. My husband got the Gyro platter and like it as well.

I wish we would have found this place earlier in our trip.

• Visited August 2011