“Good cupcakes...”
Review of Cake Break - CLOSED

Cake Break
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I decided we wanted a good cupcake. We had heard a lot about Cake Break so we took a ride to Rehoboth. The staff was friendly and so accommodating. The seating is very limited due to the shop being small. Cupcakes were incredible tasting, however, in my opinion they were a bit small for what we paid for them. They were $3 each and regular size cupcakes. I've had cupcakes in NYC and in a great place in Hershey and they were the same price, but more than double the size. Again, flavor was great, but I wanted more for my money. I had the yellow Rock Star and my husband had Triple Chocolate. So if you have a few extra bucks and want a good cupcake....go, but take enough money to buy 2 cause one is not big enough.

There are newer reviews for Cake Break

Reviewed February 15, 2013

During a recent visit to Rehoboth, I stopped at Cake Break. I'd only had their delicious cupcakes a couple of times, but they were memorable enough for me to plan a visit so I could treat myself. In a chocolate mood, I got a chocolate overload cupcake. It was sinfully delicious and I enjoyed every bite of it.

Reviewed February 10, 2013

We have been to Cake Break quite a few times and they never disappoint! My favorite is the "Blond Ambition" The staff is always friendly and accommodating. If you don't see it and they can make it they will! So if you are in the area stop by and see them, you will not be disappointed!

Reviewed February 7, 2013

when I am in Rehoboth I walk over to cake break for a cranberry muffin most mornings. They are fresh out of the oven and still warm when I get there. Recently I had my nieces and nephews in RB with me for my nephew's 12th birthday. We stopped at cake break and he was delighted to have his choice of cupcakes to decorate. His little sister was able to join him with a gluten free cupcake to decorate. The baker and hs wife sang happy birhday to him and he was a very happy birthday boy. i love this place - service is great and so are the baked goods

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have walked past Cake Break many times on our trips to Rehoboth. They advertise "decorate your own" cupcakes. This is something that would probably be great for the kids. We usually opt for other treats when in town, so we have never stopped in. However, one of our family members decided to get some cupcakes from here to celebrate a birthday this month. She got a 6 pack of cupcakes from Cake Break for us to share at the party. Flavors selected included: Lucy (yellow cake with chocolate sour cream icing), Carrot Top, Cannoli Cupcake, Cookie Monster, Salty Dawg (salted caramel) & Orange Blossom. The cupcakes were not large by any imagination. They were your standard size cupcake...just like the ones you would bake at home. They were not loaded with tons of icing either. These cupcakes, however, were very moist and delicious. We enjoyed them. Our favorite flavors were probably the cannoli and the orange blossom. The carrot cake was another great flavor, especially IF you want a treat that is not too sweet. These cupcakes were kind of pricey....$3.00 each. So, our six pack was $18.00. Cake BREAK the BANK!!!

Overall, we enjoyed the cupcakes. They were not too large OR loaded with overly sweet icing, so you don't feel quite as guilty eating one. However, you will probably want more than just one, due to the size. I would get at least 2 for each adult. The cupcakes were moist & the flavor was good. However, the price was kind of steep for the size cupcakes. I may purchase them again in the future, but the only thing that would keep me from visiting frequently would be the price.

Note: They serve breakfast daily also. They serve up items like cinnamon buns, sticky buns, bagels, pastries, breakfast sandwiches, croissants & croissant sandwiches. They advertise that it is a nut free facility, that they have gluten-free & vegan options and that their cupcakes are "gourmet". They serve some cupcake flavors that I would consider "gourmet"...like the beer cake and the maple bacon icing, but you can get your plain chocolate here too!