“Good, but cake BREAK the BANK $$”
Review of Cake Break - CLOSED

Cake Break
Reviewed January 24, 2013

We have walked past Cake Break many times on our trips to Rehoboth. They advertise "decorate your own" cupcakes. This is something that would probably be great for the kids. We usually opt for other treats when in town, so we have never stopped in. However, one of our family members decided to get some cupcakes from here to celebrate a birthday this month. She got a 6 pack of cupcakes from Cake Break for us to share at the party. Flavors selected included: Lucy (yellow cake with chocolate sour cream icing), Carrot Top, Cannoli Cupcake, Cookie Monster, Salty Dawg (salted caramel) & Orange Blossom. The cupcakes were not large by any imagination. They were your standard size cupcake...just like the ones you would bake at home. They were not loaded with tons of icing either. These cupcakes, however, were very moist and delicious. We enjoyed them. Our favorite flavors were probably the cannoli and the orange blossom. The carrot cake was another great flavor, especially IF you want a treat that is not too sweet. These cupcakes were kind of pricey....$3.00 each. So, our six pack was $18.00. Cake BREAK the BANK!!!

Overall, we enjoyed the cupcakes. They were not too large OR loaded with overly sweet icing, so you don't feel quite as guilty eating one. However, you will probably want more than just one, due to the size. I would get at least 2 for each adult. The cupcakes were moist & the flavor was good. However, the price was kind of steep for the size cupcakes. I may purchase them again in the future, but the only thing that would keep me from visiting frequently would be the price.

Note: They serve breakfast daily also. They serve up items like cinnamon buns, sticky buns, bagels, pastries, breakfast sandwiches, croissants & croissant sandwiches. They advertise that it is a nut free facility, that they have gluten-free & vegan options and that their cupcakes are "gourmet". They serve some cupcake flavors that I would consider "gourmet"...like the beer cake and the maple bacon icing, but you can get your plain chocolate here too!

Reviewed December 10, 2012

Besides great cupcakes, Cake Break has terrific muffins, delicious coffee, tasty croissants--and now bagels! Everything is always super-fresh, the store is spotless, and the entire staff is friendly. Our favorite thing about Cake Break is that it is an "anytime" destination.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I was in Rehoboth on business and was out walking the boardwalk early before my meeting began. I strolled by Cake Break and noted they had lattes. I stopped in for some java and while I waited, I read all the descriptions of the yummy cupcakes. The case was empty as the cupcakes are made fresh daily. As I drooled over the empty case, a plate full of heaven landed on the counter. They were muffin using the cinnamon bun/sticky bun dough. I had to have one with my latte. They were HOT from the oven. I had to wait until it cooled to eat it. It was wonderful. I can't wait to make my way back so I can try some of those cupcakes.

Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I found this place on a whim & it was fresh, cozy & incredibly good. When I am traveling I always eat a light breakfast, primarily a muffin of some sort. Normally I buy One that is premade, sitting in a case. To my surprise, when I ordered a muffin at the cake break, I received a warm one from the baker! They also have off the hook cupcakes too.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The cupcakes look delicious but after trying them our group decided they are no where near as good as they looked. The staff was extremely friendly though!