“good food”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 13, 2012

Excellent smashed potatoes! And hog wings. Good happy hour - nice bar. Have been there several times and have enjoyed the food and appreciated the good service each time.

There are newer reviews for Jam Bistro By Eden

Reviewed November 21, 2012

We dined here with a friend while visiting Rehoboth Beach. Overall, this was a perfectly nice meal. It's a casual, relaxed atmosphere, and it was unpretentious. Service was pretty good; the server seemed to know the menu well, and everything was delivered and cleared in a timely manner. The cocktail list was great, with all of the classics and a few interesting options. The menu was really appealing -- there was lots that sounded great. The downside was the food itself. Nothing was bad, at all, but both the dish I ordered and the dish ordered by a friend were pretty bland. I just expected things from their description to have much more flavor than they actually did. Nevertheless, it was a nice evening out, and if someone suggested a meal here again, I wouldn't object.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

The wife and I went on Yelp to find a spot to eat. Jam came up with great reviews so off we walked. The place was hard to find for me (1st time to Rehoboth) at night. We arrived and sat down. Jam seems to be updated i could be wrong but the appearance was very nice. The food was great my wife had the shrimp and Grits which she loved and I had the basic burger which I enjoyed. The portions on our plated were not huge but, thats seems to be the norm at tourist restaurants.

Reviewed September 16, 2012

Went to this restaurant with friends and family last night, and we were all well pleased. The ambiance is very nice, and the bar area is especially attractive. We all thought our meals were very, very good. I had the meatloaf special and it was very good. The others ate soft shell crabs and pork chops and they also enjoyed their meals very much. The service was good and pleasant, but a little slow. The wine list is varied with several nice, inexpensive choices. The desserts were also very good. We all agreed that this is a good place to go. asthe prices are pretty reasonable for Rehoboth Beach. We will go back again soon.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

For many years, I've passed on dining at Eden on Baltimore Avenue in Rehoboth Beach. The restaurant's menu always has intrigued me, but the formal, pretentious atmosphere kept me away. However, in September 2012, I was delighted to find that Eden's owners have converted the formal "Camel's Hump" next door to a casual alternative to Eden.

Visiting during happy hour on a Thursday evening, I sat at the small but welcoming bar. Two large screen TVs behind the bar were broadcasting live professional sporting events. For happy hour, Jam offers $2 off any beer or wine (glass) on the menu and half-priced "snacks" (essentially, appetizers and small plates). Foregoing the deals on snacks, I ordered for dinner two other items that also seemed reasonably priced: a salad of mixed greens ($8.00) and a side of "truffled mac & cheese" ($5.00), accompanied by a nice California Cabernet Sauvignon.

Both food items proved winners. The generously sized salad consisted of fresh mixed greens and chopped vegetables garnished by a flavorful but not overpowering vinaigrette dressing. The side of truffled mac & cheese qualified as a comfort food in which I'd only indulge while vacationing. Nicely textured pasta resembling tortellini was smothered in a decadently rich cream sauce. It was so satisfying that I did not mind running a couple extra miles the next morning to compensate.

I came away from Jam having only two complaints: bread service and wine glasses. I asked my server/bartender for some bread on which to munch with my salad. He expressed regret that the restaurant does not complement meals with bread. So I ordered a side of corn bread ($3.00). It consisted of two round, reasonably sized pieces that arrived undercooked and slightly greasy.

Jam's one of those restaurants that annoyingly has decided to serve wine not in stemmed glasses but in tumblers meant to hold juice with breakfast. I suppose the tumblers create the illusion of a larger than actual pour and probably clean more easily than wine glasses. But the tumblers cheapened the experience of a bistro serving upscale cuisine.

The absence of complementary bread and the inappropriate wine glasses, however, represented manageable annoyances. I'd recommend Jam Bistro to anyone seeking upscale cuisine served in a deliberately casual setting.