“New location, same superb food”
Review of Jam Bistro By Eden

Jam Bistro By Eden
Ranked #92 of 283 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 25, 2011

Jam is at a new location. We went there for lunch after a week of eating at many of Rehoboth Beach's finest restaurants. It was only the second day they had opened for lunch. The menu is fantastic. We're still talking about the meal. Our appetizers were the meatballs and the baba ganoush (the pita chips are amazing). We both had the fish tacos for lunch. They were excellent. The staff is fabulous and the decor is pleasing to the eye. We definitely recommend Jam for lunch or dinner.

1  Thank SPKinVA

Reviewed August 18, 2011

We found a parking spot on Baltimore Avenue with no particular restaurant in mind and were enticed by the friendly, attractive hostess standing out front. They have outdoor seating and it was a beautiful night. We were a party of 5 and got a nice round table along the side of the building.Our waiters(one was training) were very enthusiastic about the menu. For appetizers we got the Calamari, a wedge salad and a tomato salad. The calamari was Panko crusted and crisp, with some parmesan cheese and seared lemon that made it all pop with flavor. I got the short ribs served with Mac and cheese and corn on the cob. They were the most tender boneless ribs I've ever had. My companions had the Pasta Primavera and the half chicken. Everything was great. You can tell the chef puts a high premium on fresh ingredients and presentation. Dessert was offered but we passed. I would definitely take friends here again.

Reviewed August 12, 2011

Our group of four decided to try opening night at the newly located JAM Bistro (east of Eden in the old Camel's Hump site). The weather had just broken from a horrible heat spell, and we were luck to score an outside table with a view of the activities along Baltimore Avenue. The staff was very attentive, taking our drink orders immediately (and filling them correctly). We started with appetizers, among them the meatballs and risotto, both of which were excellent. Entrees were prepared property and delivered promptly and were also excellent. Among our group, we had the roast chicken, rockfish and spare ribs. We were very impressed and will return.

Reviewed March 22, 2011

Based on a friend's suggestion, my husband and I had dinner Saturday night at Jam Bistro while on a weekend getaway in Rehoboth. It turned out to be a wonderful dining experience. I won't go into the setting too much, since they will be moving soon (April 1, I think), but it felt casually elegant with a sense of warmth. The service was friendly and mostly efficient, although there were a couple of glitches at the end--my husband never got the coffee he ordered but it appeared on the bill, and when we asked for the bill to be corrected it was returned with a double charge! It was finally fixed.
The food was delicious! My husband had the $30 prix fixe dinner, which included choice of appetizer, entree, and dessert (quite a good value based on ordering these dishes individually). He had the fried calamari appetizer--not greasy, interesting and tasty seasoning, and a good-size portion (we shared). His main dish was blackened Delmonico, with spicy seasoning--he really liked it though it was too spicy for me. My main dish (I didn't get the prix fixe) was the Steak Frittes, described as "12 oz. slow roasted prime rib, crispy smashed fingerlings, au jus" ($20). I ordered it rare and it was perfectly done; the meat was tender and juicy and the fingerling potatoes were delicious. I couldn't eat it all so we took it back to the hotel and I had the leftover meat for breakfast--almost as good cold!
The dessert that my husband ordered with the prix fixe was key lime pie, which was not quite the texture or taste we expected. Not bad, but we probably wouldn't get it again.
My husband had a glass of cabernet, which he said was very good. I'm not much of a drinker but asked the waiter if he could recommend a cocktail for someone who doesn't like the taste of alcohol; he suggested something with "iced tea" in the name (sorry, I can't remember but it wasn't Long Island Iced Tea). It was citrusy tasting and quite good.
We will definitely have one or more meals at Jam Bistro on our next visit to the area.

Reviewed September 13, 2010

So after eating at Rehoboth fav Eden a couple nights before, we decided to try the sister restaurant across the street. In short - AWESOME! The four of us split two very good bottles of wine that totaled $38. Each of us had an appetizer, salad, and entree. We split one dessert, had a delicious coffee, and a sambuca. The grand total was $65 per person with tip! The duck confit risotto was incredible. The swordfish was amazing. The chicken was simply the best roasted chicken I have ever had. The roasted beets were perfectly combined with cashews, goat cheese, and golden raisins. This is a must try for any food lover, and with over 40 bottles of wine priced under $40, you can also get a good drink on and then hit any of your cocktail favs.