“Amazing seafood”

Henlopen City Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
LaGrangeville, New York
“Amazing seafood”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

What a fantastic restaurant! There was about a 45 min to an hour wait but it was well worth it. You give the hostess your cell number and they text you when your table is ready. My husband and I were dining with our 2 and 5 year olds so the wait was a little tough on them. During the wait a waitress saw that our children were getting a little antsy so she brought over crayons and paper for them to color on. The kids food came right out and unfortunately the wait for our entrees took quite a long time. We had to ask the waitress if she could check on the status but then the food came right out and she was very apologetic. ( this is the only reason I gave a 4 out of 5 rating) my husband started with an oyster sampler and then had the scallops as his entree. I had the fish special which they could prepare any way you liked. I chose the Harissa preparation and it did not disappoint. If I'm ever in Rehoboth again I will definitely go back.

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank mfox1122

Trumansburg, NY
“Low key happy hour oyster specials”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

Perfect place to grab a drink and a dozen oysters after a day at the beach. Happy hour specials begin at 3:00 and the place is packed. Great steamed shrimp and clams too. Vast array of beer choices and top notch drinks.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank BackpackingNana
Rochester, New York
“Great food, large servings”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

So I read the TA reviews and had to try the lobster mac and cheese - pasta shells, gouda, cheddar, cognac, lobster and a brown butter breading. I was concerned it would be too much but this restaurant aims to please. They offer half servings of this (and I suspect other dishes as well!). I was going to order sangria and the waitress offered suggestions of how to modify the drink since I didn't want their standard, which had liqueur and soda. The salads were large, tasty and interesting. The mac and cheese was great. The food being served at nearby tables looked wonderful. Service was terrific. Probably should have tried their version of sangria. I wish I had a few more days here so I could enjoy this restaurant a few more times!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank jillles
Ellicott City, Maryland
“Delicious Dinner at the Beach!”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

A friend recommended this restaurant & we decided to try it with our two daughters, ages 15 & 21. We went on a Friday night and only waited about a half hour-well worth the wait!! We got a great table with a fantastic server. She was friendly & attentive. The restaurant is small, but has a cool vibe. Everyone had a different main dish & all argued that theirs was the best. Must try the halibut; absolutely delicious!! Portions are very generous. We will definitely come to this restaurant again next year!!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Travellovers88
Maryland
“Excellent food and very good service...”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

My wife and I had dinner there recently and the food was excellent. We had the Oysters Rockefeller appetizer, which was very tasty and a nice start. For our entrees my wife had the New England Lobster Roll and I had the Bouillabaisse...we sampled each other's dish. It is safe to say that we loved each dish, but I thought the bouillabaisse was the best I have ever had.

• Visited July 2014