“Picky Seafood consumers”

Henlopen City Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
York, Pennsylvania
“Picky Seafood consumers”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

ANY time I go back to Rehoboth Beach, I will most definitely be there-- every day. I took my wife for her birthday dinner and had a great experience. To preface, though we live in PA, we have lived along the shore and had the freshest of seafood many, many times; including the fifteen years we lived in Key West, and travels to Acapulco, Trinidad and elsewhere . We started with some of the freshest oysters we ever tasted and befriended the great shuckers who were not only friendly but very knowledgeable of the oyster, not just doing a job. For dinner, I tried the sea scallops which were great and my wife had fish-- a Hawaiian type but the name evades me right now. She eats fish out often and when she said it was the "best" she had ever eaten, I was astounded. Knowing it was my wife's birthday, the gentleman who was the shucker, brought her a small slice of their dynamite cake with a candle; priceless gesture.The hostess and our waitress recognized us when we returned the following night and spoke... nice touch.

• Visited April 2014

Centreville, Maryland
“Henlopen City Heaven”
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I make sure to visit Henlopen City every time we come to the beach. Raw oysters are fresh and delicious; oyster stew is phenomenal (I want the recipe!); happy hour prices are awesome; steamed shrimp=wow; steamed clams=oh yes; great craft beer selection...I've never seen a happy hour that wasn't packed with people. Industrial-type ceiling with tons of light coming in from the walls of windows-the vibe is casual and the food is awesome!

Southern New Jersey
“Spectacular Seafood and Desserts”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The food was truly spectacular. Not the usual fare either. I had the panko encrusted dayboat scallops with a bacon caramel sauce and bourbon mashed sweet potatoes. The combination of flavors and delicate cook on the scallops were perfect. The peanut butter pie is not to be missed. Service was prompt, polite, and friendly.

New York City, New York
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

I ate here for lunch 3 days in a row - the total time I was in Rehoboth. I had a dzoen oysters each time. Really great!

Reston, Virginia
“Alwyas E X C E L L E N T Seafood fare.”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We always stop into the Henlopen City Oyster House when we visit Rehoboth Beach and as always we were not disappointed. We arrived for a very late dinner (9:45 pm) and the chef and kitchen was gracious enough to cook two more dinners for us. I ordered the stuffed Sea Bream with olives on a bed of ink spaghetti noodles and it was delicious. My wife order the Red Snapper which was delicious. We enjoyed a nice dinner with friends at the bar because we arrived after 9:30 pm their last seating. Henlopen City Oyster House is a no brainer for a well prepared seafood dinner. Bon Appetite.

• Visited April 2014