“Definitely lived up to the hype”

Henlopen City Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Mahopac, New York
“Definitely lived up to the hype”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This restaurant definitely lives up to its reputation. Be prepared to wait up to 2 hours to be seated during prime dinner rush. However, the wait is more than worth it. The service is great and the menu is fantastic. We were a large group all of whom loved every morsal. I would recommend this place without hesitation and I will most definitely come back.

Visited August 2013

North Bergen, New Jersey
“Agree with the rave reviews”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We got there early on a weeknight so didn't need to wait... thank goodness 'cause it fills fast and with good reason. I had raw oysters for appetizer and a fried oyster entree. I've lived in New England and while these oysters were imported from Maine-Massachusettes-Rhode Island, I've never had such good oysters. Everyone in my party left happy...

1 Thank Partyuv5
Barcelona, Spain
“Amazing oysters”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love seafood and this restaurant really has a big variety and super fresh. The staff are very friendly and the drinks are amazing. Well worth a visit while your in RB!

• Visited June 2013
allentown
“First time visit. Will be back!”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 5 on a saturday and although it was very crowded we were seated right away. The bar was packed for happy hour. Very friendly staff. I had lobster roll which was great. Food was beautifully presented and very fresh. Wish I had room for desert!

Only slight complaint is the noise level. We did although have a very loud table next to us. Not a place for a quiet dinner but then again most beach places aren't. Will go again!

New York City, New York
“Great food- fun atmosphere.”
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

While the restaurant doesn't take reservations, there is a large bar area to wait as well as counter areas to sit and eat vs waiting as long for a table. Our server, Amy, was very friendly and helpful. Great drink- watermelon margarita (very refreshing). We had delicious food including lobster mac & cheese (my son's favorite), sockeye salmon with peach salsa, and fried clams. Enjoy!