“Definitely lived up to the hype”

Henlopen City Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This restaurant definitely lives up to its reputation. Be prepared to wait up to 2 hours to be seated during prime dinner rush. However, the wait is more than worth it. The service is great and the menu is fantastic. We were a large group all of whom loved every morsal. I would recommend this place without hesitation and I will most definitely come back.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We got there early on a weeknight so didn't need to wait... thank goodness 'cause it fills fast and with good reason. I had raw oysters for appetizer and a fried oyster entree. I've lived in New England and while these oysters were imported from Maine-Massachusettes-Rhode Island, I've never had such good oysters. Everyone in my party left happy...

1  Thank Partyuv5
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love seafood and this restaurant really has a big variety and super fresh. The staff are very friendly and the drinks are amazing. Well worth a visit while your in RB!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 5 on a saturday and although it was very crowded we were seated right away. The bar was packed for happy hour. Very friendly staff. I had lobster roll which was great. Food was beautifully presented and very fresh. Wish I had room for desert!

Only slight complaint is the noise level. We did although have a very loud table next to us. Not a place for a quiet dinner but then again most beach places aren't. Will go again!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

While the restaurant doesn't take reservations, there is a large bar area to wait as well as counter areas to sit and eat vs waiting as long for a table. Our server, Amy, was very friendly and helpful. Great drink- watermelon margarita (very refreshing). We had delicious food including lobster mac & cheese (my son's favorite), sockeye salmon with peach salsa, and fried clams. Enjoy!