“First time visit. Will be back!”

Henlopen City Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

We arrived at 5 on a saturday and although it was very crowded we were seated right away. The bar was packed for happy hour. Very friendly staff. I had lobster roll which was great. Food was beautifully presented and very fresh. Wish I had room for desert!

Only slight complaint is the noise level. We did although have a very loud table next to us. Not a place for a quiet dinner but then again most beach places aren't. Will go again!

Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

While the restaurant doesn't take reservations, there is a large bar area to wait as well as counter areas to sit and eat vs waiting as long for a table. Our server, Amy, was very friendly and helpful. Great drink- watermelon margarita (very refreshing). We had delicious food including lobster mac & cheese (my son's favorite), sockeye salmon with peach salsa, and fried clams. Enjoy!

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Amazing dinner. The fried green tomatoes were excellent as was the fresh and delicious house salad. I had the halibut and hubs has the blue snapper. Both were to die for. People line up to eat here for a reason.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Found this restaurant on Trip Advisor, so after reading reviews we went early. Parking is street metered parking and we were lucky to find a close by spot. Arrived at approx. 4:45, enjoyed a drink at happy hour before checking in for dinner at 5 pm. Restaurant is much smaller than we expected, seating about 45 people, so the tables filled up quickly. On to the food: Hubby had soft clams (piss clams) as an appetizer and he really enjoyed them. I had the fried calamari which was a very large serving. For dinner hubby had the soft shell crabs and thought they were excellent-very fresh. I had the lobster mac & cheese. I had in mind that it would be baked, but it was shell pasta in a cheese sauce, with a nice amount of lobster mixed in. Although it was good, I was a bit disappointed that it was not the baked version. All in all, we would definitely go back. Service was excellent. Very attentive waitress.

1  Thank Carib210
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I have to say this was an amazing place to eat. My family and I stopped in our first night on vacation, based on the trip advisor reviews. We had a pretty long wait for a table, but I guess that was to be expected. My entire family loved their meals. I particularly enjoyed the oyster selections, which I made a meal of. The kids devoured their burgers which is rare. I have to say we would have been back, but the wait was just too long. I'm hoping after the beach season subsides we will be back in town for another round here. WELL WORTH IT!!