“Good seafood”

Henlopen City Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed July 18, 2013

We ate dinner at the Henlopen City Oyster House for my wife's birthday during the middle of the week in July. Normally, we really like to go to The Big Fish Grille on Rte 1 when we are in Rehoboth. After reading some reviews on here we decided to try something a little different. We tried to get here early, and there was still a wait. This is not a big restaurant, and there is a small bar to wait for your table. They had a really good craft beer list, and what looked like a really nice wine list also. This place was busy. My wife was really happy with her dinner, and everything was really fresh. This is a good restaurant for birthdays, anniversaries, and a nice dinner for 2. I would have given it 4.5 stars if that was an option. I thought the price was what I expected. But was I blown away?!.... not quite, it was still good though. We would recommend this restaurant for seafood lovers, and it is right within walking distance of all the attractions and the boardwalk, which was great. My wife is 5 months pregnant also, so maybe if we could have had some drinks before, during, or after dinner, it would have been that much better of a dining experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,091)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

We went for happy hour during the week, and we loved it! Awesome shrimp, oysters and clams. Great selection of drafts and a clean comfy atmosphere. But for me it's all about the service, and they couldn't have been better! 6 adult beverages and 3 appetizers for under $40! Cant be beat, but get there early for a spot in the bar!

Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

The food was great! We had a party of 10 and had a great experience. The food was great and fresh. The oyster rum punch was nice and refreshing!

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My husband and I have a house in Rehoboth, and we go out in Rehoboth every weekend. The Oyster House has yummy drinks, a great atmosphere, and the best darn creamed corn that I have EVER had! I love the calamari and the shrimp po boy. Hands down, this is our favorite restaurant in Rehoboth!

Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stopped in with my husband and four (adult) children on our last evening of vacation. No reservation policy resulted in a 90-minute wait, but was totally worth it. We sat in the bar, had some drinks and fabulous oysters. Dinner was great - the crab cakes have no filler and are just crabby goodness. Clam ceviche and tuna poke were exceptional. Service in the dining room was fantastic; bar area not so much. A definite must visit if you are looking for fresh seafood and don't mind paying for it.