“Amazing”

Henlopen City Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Best lobster role I've ever had outside of Maine; even the mundane Po' Boy sandwich (w/clam strips) managed to elicit sighs. We ordered 2 rounds of clams casino, they seemed to have forgotten the clams in the first, so miniscule were the bits of clam, but the second was heavenly. Addictive, though someone should suggest they offer bread to sop up the delicious juices. Even the house salad managed to impress. Kate, our server, was amazing. Attentive yet unobtrusive. One of the reasons we were in Rehoboth was to dine here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,097)

Reviewed May 6, 2013

People seem to rave about this place, but living in a cultural city, I don't really see what all the hype is about.The atmosphere and menu are good, but not spectacular. I will say that our service was excellent, but I was most bothered by the fact that after we left the restaurant, my clothes reeked of fried food! ug!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My wife and I sat at the bar and ate mussels and fried oysters. Great food, good craft beers and fun people at the bar. We did not sit in the restaurant, but I am sure the food is just as good.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

The place is small and very busy. Most people were enjoying the oysters and happy hour. The caesar salad was very good with just the right amount of dressing. They did not have crab cakes, so I ordered steak. It was overdone, but they did immediately replace it. Not a great cut of beef, but OK. The duck was tasty, but did not have the usual duck flavor that we enjoy. Staff was courteous & friendly. We live in the New York City area with great restaurants, so we may be a little too criticall about the food. We just expected better quality from the number 1 rated restaurant in Rehobeth. Should have ordered the seafood!

1  Thank Janet C
Reviewed April 23, 2013

We just came back yesterday from rehoboth. My husband and I love oysters and seafood so we always go for happy hour oysters because they are 1/2 price and we just can't eat a dozen. We arrived at 2 :50 because the happy hour starts at 3:00 and the restaurant is ALWAYS packed...but the problem is the restaurant opens at 12 so the bar was already packed and we just happened to get lucky and a couple was leaving and they gave up their seats. Soooo,we had a couple dozens of oysters which were very good,they were very nice and cold also.I hate when oysters r not on a Lot of ice and not freezing cold. I had the house Chardonnay which I usually would never order but I figured I would try it for $3 a glass...it was very good so I had another. My husband likes beer and they have a large blackboard with unusual selections,so he tried 3 different kind. Then we had to have the lobster rol that is so delicious I have to get it at every visit,it is full of lobster,we even split it because we get too full and then we can't have dinner ( which we couldn't anyway) . Even their fries r delicious. Don't miss this place ,it is excellent. I've never been here in the summer but I can't even imagine how crazy it would be. Our hotel was right down the street ( the avenue inn ) and every time we passed by on Saturday night it was so crowded and standing room only at the bar,maybe it would be a good idea to try it out for a lunch or early dinner because it wasn't as crowded.

1  Thank Keljespat