“amazingly fresh seafood”

Henlopen City Oyster House
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
York, pA
“amazingly fresh seafood”
Reviewed February 22, 2012

Beer list offers really rare items. Oysters were so fresh and delicious. Fried clams were just ok. Lobster mac and cheese was very good, wish it was baked though. The old bay shrimp were cooked to perfection. This is a great place to eat.

Visited February 2012

Baltimore, Maryland
“AMAZING”
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Went to Henlopen City Oyster House for lunch with my husband. We sat at the bar and talked to some great people. I had the Cowboy oysters and my husband had the crawfish gumbo for appetizers. Amazing!!! For lunch I had a mahi mahi sandwich and my husband had the oyster po boy. Both were fantastic. The atmosphere was great and the food was excellent. I would suggest getting there early as the place gets packed even on the off season!

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank jen Z
Waterford, Ireland
“Busy spot”
Reviewed February 20, 2012

Lovely service. Really good food but felt the menu was limited for my son. Ideal if it was just myself and my husband

• Visited August 2011
Baltimore, MD
“Great Seafood & Drinks, Reasonably Priced”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

My wife and I ate here twice during one week in September. Food was consistently good and fair priced (disclosure: we live near DC so we're used to paying a lot for decent seafood). We liked the overall feel and decor of the restaurant, and the servers seemed pretty knowledgeable about the food and drinks, and were able to give good suggestions. We plan to visit again the next time we are in Rehoboth!

• Visited September 2011
1 Thank OCtrip09
Lewes, Delaware
“Great Happy Hour Bartender & Staff Friendly”
Reviewed January 22, 2012

Popped in this Sunday for happy hour. Had the raw oysters (shucked there on the spot) special. $7 for half dozen. House wines just $3 a glass. The oysters were sublime, well, all the food here is! If you are a fan of Oysters this place should not be missed, and the happy hour allows you to enjoy them without breaking the bank.

• Visited January 2012