“enjoyable meal”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stopped in at Cafe Azafran for lunch after reading other reviews, and it was a close walk from where we were staying. It is only a block from the boardwalk and we were eager to eat something that was a departure from the pizza/subs/hot dog fare. The waitress promptly brought us water and was attentive with our refills because it was quite warm outside. There were several large ceiling fans that seemed to keep the place comfortable. The lunch menu is varied, offering several interesting options that we considered. I ordered a strawberry/ mixed greens salad with chicken (for an additional charge you can order the salad with chicken, salmon, or a couple of other toppings). It arrived on a large plate with several types of greens (no iceberg thankfully!) and included strawberries, blueberries, glazed pecans, tomatoes, cucumbers and 2 wedges of Brie--a very nice touch. It also had 3 small pieces of some kind of homemade bread, which was quite tasty.It came with a creamy strawberry vinaigrette on the side that had just the right mixture of sweet and tangy. My husband enjoyed a burger with a couple of toppings. The burgers are served on a pretzel bun. The burger was large and moist and cooked to medium well done. We appreciated the fresh ingredients in both of our meals, totaling about $25 for both, which seems to be a typical lunch price around the boardwalk. Consider this restaurant if you are looking for flavorful food with fresh ingredients that is reasonably priced.

1  Thank FamilyTravelers4ever

Reviewed June 14, 2014

Menu was filled with lots of delicious food that brought me back to me trips to Spain with a splash of East Coast Seafood options. It was pouring rain the night we went and we walked in to candles lit on every table and were seated in a cozy part of the restaurant (there really isn't a bad seat at all), but felt we got a great spot!) in the back. We enjoyed 2 bottles of wine and a few tapas and my husband got an entree.
The bruchetta was the BEST I have ever had- the grilled artichoke on it was amazing. The goat cheese was good and ceviche was delicious. Presentation on everything was great too. The mussels were a disappointment, but our waiter couldn't have been more gracious when we told him they tasted fishy. My husband got the crab cake dinner (I was so full from the tapas, I couldn't order an entree) and said it was the best he had ever had. It was a few inches thick (almost like a giant hamburger) and was FULL of lump crab meat! We were there over 2 hours and never felt rushed. We wanted to enjoy the night, take our time and order as we went as we enjoyed the wine. We never felt rushed and again, the staff couldn't have been more gracious and welcoming. We want to go back again because there were so many items we want to try that sounded good! Was a fabulous evening and will be going back soon!

1  Thank mjr06
Reviewed June 11, 2014

We have been going to Cafe Azafran for years in the Lewes location. Now, Rehoboth is the only location. We tried it for the first time for dinner. Richard is still the chef/owner and it is very clear that his high standards have prevailed.Everyone in our party was quite pleased with their choices.Meat and seafood specialties are very good. They excel at the seafood.Wine list is quite good and reasonable.

1  Thank TomWall60
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Had their wonderful baked oatmeal with yogurt - perfection. My husband had the two eggs and ham. Everything perfect. One of our favorite places in Rehoboth for both breakfast and dinner. The food is fresh and you have tasty healthy choices. definitely make this a stop at least once (but you will be back) on your trip to Rehoboth.

2  Thank virginiagoingglobal
Reviewed May 24, 2014

OK, so I dined there last year and remembered it had been very good to excellent; Wrong! This year it was 3+ times as good! It was Beyond-Excellent! It was Exceptional! What I'm talking about is their Vegetable Plate Entree! Now, being Vegan, I have had Veggie-Plates here, there and coast-to-coast; some mediocre others good and a few excellent. However, the Vegetable-Plate served to me at Cafe Azfran "rocked!" it was beyond excellent - it was Exceptional in every way! I have only had a very few of that quality and caliber! Veggies: a wonderful assortment of perfectly-roasted veggies ranging from 3 varieties of fingerling potatoes to excellent asparagus to broccoli slices to ... you get the idea. And, Presentation: was simply Gorgeous! Should have brought my camera or Droid so I could email a photo to friends! The wine? Well I arrived at Happy Hour and they were serving a very nice Tempranillo that turned out to be an excellent companion to my Exceptional Vegetable-Plate. As a house-provide appetizer, my glass of water arrived with a nice assortment of olives and bread (I did check ingredients for the bread = OK for me as a Vegan). Service: wonderful! understated, unobtrusive but always available. I really had a super-wonderful dining experience at Cafe Azfran. Located a very short one block from the Boardwalk. Hint: if dining after Happy Hour or on weekends you should really get reservations. NOTE: the Vegetable-Plate is the only identifiably Vegan item on the menu -- and you need to tell your server "no butter -- no dairy" for the dish to arrive "Vegan". But they do seem to know "Vegan" when it's mentioned and are open to tailoring other menu items, too. PS: Listening to the "talk" at other tables, this is THE place for upscale dining by the locals and tourists who are "in-the-know". They're one block from Rehoboth's main & tourist-y street but in a quiet area. Do add some time to explore all the cute shops on the same street and then go to the Boardwalk. Very-Highly recommend Cafe Azfran to Vegans! Please dine Vegan (they do feed carnivores too <grin> ); and Enjoy! PPS: I ate there twice on this trip -- and will provide a separate review about their Tapas - ( Hint: it was Super! so good it deserves a review all its own! )

1  Thank Lite T