“Best at the Beach”

Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Had a great meal (again!) at Azafran in Rehoboth. Food was outstanding and unique and service was spectacular. A must-try at the beach!

Reviewed August 23, 2012

Don't miss this: Wednesday night is Paella Night on the patio at Cafe Azafran in Rehoboth. Make a reservation and get there early so you can be seated with a great view of the chef working his magic in an enormous paella pan right there on the patio. We had a great time chatting with him while he was cooking, and what a paella! It's a fantastic paella mixta -- a combination of meats (chorizo, chicken, pork) and seafood (calamari, enormous local mussels, huge scallops, and shrimp), with the traditional calasparra rice, saffron, smoked Spanish paprika, and various veggies. On our visit last night, the patio seemed to be full of "regulars" eagerly awaiting their portion of this fantastic dish. Wish we were local so we could be regulars too! Cafe Azafran is our new "must go" place when vacationing in Rehoboth!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

I eat crabcakes everywhere in Rehoboth. That's what I eat. As of now, I have a new fave -- and a runner-up (Imperial Twins at Harpoon Hannah's in Fenwick Island). The WINNAH -- Cafe Azafran! What a yummy crabcake, and the rest of the meal was equally delicious. Our whole party was very pleased with the slightly unusual choices and beautiful execution, yummy taste and good service. This will now be at the top of my MUST list along with MIXX!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

My husband loves good coffee, specially made to his extra extra dry skim textured direction. Azafran in Rehoboth and in Lewes does it very well. Lunch there is also good at the Lewes branch. We go every summer

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I have never understood how people can wait in line for a very average breakfast at some of the popular Rehoboth spots (e.g. Crystal and Royal Treat), so I am always on the lookout for somewhere of a higher quality and without the wait.

I was pleasantly surprised when we tried Cafe Azafran, right across from the Atlantic Sands hotel. We almost left when we saw that the front section of the restaurant by the windows was full, but then were shown to the large covered, garden patio out back where we found several nice tables/chairs, ceiling fans and charming surroundings including an outdoor garden and many potted plants. They even had quiet, beachie, music playing!

The waitstaff were pleasant, yet a little disorganized. I received my drink orders after my meal, even though all the tables around me that ordered after me, had already received theirs. weird, seeing we didn't order anything complicated. However, the food was very tasty and well presented. A definite step up from what you would get at the before mentioned local favorites. Our orders included a perfectly cooked egg-white omelette, breakfast burrito, fruit salad and waffles. They even had some toys for the kiddies.

We'll be back!