“Amazing gelato, best I've had outside of Italy”
Review of Gelato Gal - CLOSED

Gelato Gal
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: It's a Gelato worth pushing through squalls to find, worthy of a pilgrimage, a goal noble enough to inspire you to craw out of a fire-warmed home and sail forth into the night. But, don't take our word for it - see for yourself how our Gelato makes your eyes mist and your knees weak!Not only do we offer the finest award-winning gelato, but we also create hand-made chocolates and smoked/BBQ meats, fish and chicken! Everything is made from scratch using authentic methods to give you a most tasty experience!
Reviewed September 2, 2012

The pistachio has such an amazing flavor. Great texture too. Thank you for this!! I am so bummed I was just in the area on vacation.... can you ship to Missouri??

There are newer reviews for Gelato Gal

Reviewed August 30, 2012

This stuff was super sweet and quite pricey for the small amount you got. We would never go here again.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

We recently had gelato at this location. It was very good but it was the evening and not alot of good flavors to choose from. They were also a little pricey ,$4.70 for a small cup. I would suggest the gelato shop at the boardwalk, it was amazing and they had a greater variety of flavors and the price was cheaper! The salted caramel was fantastic!

1gelato, Owner at Gelato Gal, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thank you for your review!

I'm sorry to hear that we may not have had our full 18 flavors in the display case. We make everything from scratch using local products and once in a while we fall a pan or two short on our flavor selections.

We happly do not claim to be the cheapest ice cream store - only the best! Our lead Gelatician trained in Italy and demands that every batch is individually crafted to her standards - a maximum of 6% fat, no preservatives, no trans-fat and all natural. That's why we have taken 1st prize and/or Grand Prize for the contests we have entered.

So drop in again - I'm sure the display will be fully stocked on your next visit. Make yourself comfortable in our tiny sitting area and grab a couple of laughs playing the Foodie Trivia game!

Reviewed August 6, 2012

I tried Gelato Gal while on our annual beach vacation. It was delicious. There were a variety of flavors from which to choose, but I LOVE chocolate and saw that the shop had received awards for their chocolate gelato. It definitely satisfied my need for chocolate. My only regret is that I did not ask for samples of a few other flavors that were on display. I was not sure if I should ask and no samples were offered. I will know for next time....

Reviewed August 2, 2012

we were staying in rehoboth beach for a couple of days and we were looking for a good ice cream place.we tried couple but the weren't special.the last day of our stay we accidentally stopped by the gelato gal on route 1 rehoboth beach.i tried the chocolate and it was the best gelato i have ever tasted.my husband tried pistacio ant that was delicious as well.we also had some coffee and home made truffles. the owner lady was very friendly and i cant wait for the next summer to come back!!!