“Yum”

Gelato Gal
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Outdoor Seating
Description: It's a Gelato worth pushing through squalls to find, worthy of a pilgrimage, a goal noble enough to inspire you to craw out of a fire-warmed home and sail forth into the night. But, don't take our word for it - see for yourself how our Gelato makes your eyes mist and your knees weak!Not only do we offer the finest award-winning gelato, but we also create hand-made chocolates and smoked/BBQ meats, fish and chicken! Everything is made from scratch using authentic methods to give you a most tasty experience!
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Liked that I was able to sample the different flavors. Wished they had more of a selection, we arrived late in the day. I tried the chocolate and it was delicious.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

I thought, having eaten ice cream at Berthillon in Paris, and plenty of gelato in Italy, that I had tasted the best anywhere. I was wrong. I have had "gelato" in Bethesda, in Chicago...all over the place, hoping to recreate those delicious Italian experiences, and to come close to Berthillon. Ar Gelato Gal, I have finally found the best. Better than Paris, better than Italy, Gelato Gal's gelato is to die for. The coffee? Tastes like coffee, plus heaven. The chocolate too. It is not possible to get better gelato than this anywhere! Do not miss this stuff! If you are not staying in Rehoboth, buy it at one of the stores that carry it in Bethany or inland on 26. You will not regret it, that's for sure. Well, maybe you will. Because when you get home, and realize there is nothing to compare to it anywhere in this country, and they don't ship, and you have to wait until you go to Delaware again to eat this fantastic heavenly stuff, well, then you might regret ever having tasted it.

1gelato, Owner at Gelato Gal, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

Oh stop! You're making us blush!

Thank you for your ringing endorsement - we do our best to make everything authentic. It makes the extra effort we put into our gelato and chocolates worth it when our customers leave ‘bouncy-happy’!

Reviewed October 14, 2011

We saw the sign and decided to stop in. The gelato was great, the Gelation Gal (and her dog) were friendly and there were a number of interesting flavors. Worth a try.

Reviewed September 20, 2011

Excellent gelato! If you close your eyes and savour the flavor, you think you are in Italy. No need for pricey airfare, get to Gelato Gal and your gelato cravings will surely be fulfilled. Got my coconut fix and I was in seventh heaven. I was contemplating on how to bring some home for a 3 hour ride but was not able to come up with a plan. Lots of yummy desserts aside from the gelato can also be had. Went everyday for the duration of our stay and if we were not concerned about our weight, we could have eaten it for lunch, dinner and snack. It is that good and the price is right! Thanks.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

Five of us visited the evening of August 14. Between us we must have ordered seven or eight flavors (some ordered two flavors). Everything was good, no aftertaste, the place was clean and there was a steady stream of customers. Amanda and staff are always most accommodating - taste as many as you like, no problem.

It is a little out of the way, but don't let that deter you - Gelato Gal is worth the trip.

1  Thank ferd62