“Great place to go..great food.”

Nicola Pizza On the Avenue
Ranked #31 of 277 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Jersey Shore, New Jersey
“Great place to go..great food.”
Reviewed December 6, 2013 via mobile

I've been going to Nicola pizza for years. Always satisfied with the food. I have made a one day road trip just to have lunch here. And it's time to go again. Keep up the good work.

Visited October 2013

PA
“Always a great experience!”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

Ate here during Jazz fest weekend. No mater what time of year we have visited, the food is always excellent. The pizza is awesome. This trip however, we tried the baked Ziti and a Nic-o-Boli. Both were excellent and came out piping hot and cheesey. We also asked for some long hot peppers in oil and they were quick to bring some of those out also. The staff is very friendly and attentive. Best place to end your night with after a night on the town! Can't wait to come back again in the summer!

• Visited October 2013
Connecticut
“The Nic-o-Boli needs one thing....”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

After coming to Rehoboth for years, I finally surrendered, wandered into Nicola, and ordered a Nic-o-Boli. Good ground beef, with onion and extra cheese (I believe there's no such thing as "too much cheese"), and very tasty.

But two things. First, don't serve it on the aluminum foil it was cooked on - that just makes it difficult to cut.

Second, and this is the key.... What the Nic-o-Boli really, really needs is GARLIC! I'm not talking about a hint of garlic. I mean, it needs a boatload (to be polite) of garlic. That would put it over the top. Without that, it's good, but not something that would inspire a return trip.

Good service, Dogfish Head on tap, good "local bar" atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
Lincoln, California
“Great Italian Pizza and Service!”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

When you've grown up near an Italian neighborhood, you are spoiled by always having access to great pizza. When you move away, the only thing you can think of is having a slice of pizza - just like you used to have at the shore.
Well, Nicola pizza fits the bill. Our second night in, we decided to share a mushroom/cheese pizza at Nicola's. It was heaven - and exactly what we were looking for - authentic Italian pizza - great tasty sauce, fresh toppings, fragrant cheese and a dough that was just right! Top that off with a pitcher of great beer and we were well on our way to a great vacation at Rehoboth Beach.

Visited September 2013
Burke, VA
“Disappointed This Time”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I eat at least one meal at Nicolas every time I visit Rehoboth, but my most recent visit was very disappointing. The order was incorrect and the service indifferent. I hope this was a one time occurrence.

Visited October 2013