“AWESOME”
Review of The Charcoal Deli - CLOSED

The Charcoal Deli
Cuisines: Barbecue, Bar, Grill
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: 302-260-9615
Reviewed April 10, 2012

Food was excellent.....bartender Joey was awesome....owner Tracy was a hoot. Wendy and Tracy take pride in their restaurant. That did it for us. Consider us regulars.

2  Thank sue c

Reviewed April 7, 2012

My partner and I, along with two friends, just returned from this restaurant - - our first (and last!) visit. During the course of our meal, the owner, Wendy Adams, passed our table at least six times - - looked over at us, but never once acknowledged us. Not a smile, not a "hello", not one welcoming comment. Please keep in mind that this is the owner of a restaurant opening at a new location - - and her customer service skills left much to be desired! What does this tell you??? It told us this - - WE WILL NEVER RETURN!!! As a restaurant just opening, Ms. Adams should have gone out of her way to make us feel welcome. Needless to say, she did not make us feel welcome at all! What an example she is to her employees - - my bet is this restaurant will be closed within 6 months!!!

3  Thank Donald L
Reviewed April 2, 2012

As instructed by signage - I seated myself at a table. The table was dirty and when my waiter came I had to ask him to clean it. I ordered a pit beef sandwich well done on a kaiser roll. The order arrived in about 5-10 minutes. I noticed three things at first. 1) there was more roll than pit beef, 2) the pit beef must have been heated on a grill because the meat was crispy like bacon and 3) the side of potato chips was a pile of "bottom of the bag" broken pieced - not single whole chip in the bunch. The final disappointment was when I bit into the sandwich - a lot of gristle in the meat. Also - they charged $2.50 for a soda - come on!

2  Thank b1dmhl4
Reviewed March 28, 2012

We went to the restaurant because it's near, it newly opened and we were tired of the fast food ripoffs, the same old same olds and the overly priced restaurants with air-head waitresses. So...we went not knowing anything of them or their prior existence.
We seated ourselves, were promptly greeted and attended. The waiter was very nice. We looked at the wide selection and made our choices. I had the flat iron steak and my partner had the pulled pork platter. You choose teo sides, The only comment I have with the sides is...99% starches. The veg of the day was asparagus and corn in season....and it''s not the right season.
The corn bread was a square pc each...same as you get at the other local rip-off BBQ joint that charges you to sit in their restaurant if some no talent idiot sings.
My steak was good, my food was HOT needed to wait to cool. The pulled pork was good nice blend of flavors...not overly sour and not overly smoked like it came from a house on fire. The mac and cheese was good. The fries were fine, the potato salad was good and the cole slaw.
Now to address the comments about homecooked, if any one believes that, then I suggest you need a grip on reality. As soon as you see a delivery truck from Sysco or US Foods, you can bet the food is not 100% homemade. You need to start somewhere with cooking, and doubt it highly that any restaurant grows their own bean, harvests it and then proceeded to produce a 100% homemade product. Whether you start with a dried bean or a can of beans, our grands and moms started their signature dished with product from the grocery. Now I stand corrected their were the people with truck patches.
Now...my only complaint...the silverwear needed some attention.

1  Thank Cray R
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This restaurant recently open near where I live so I decided to try it.
Overall, I am not impressed with the food. I had half a rack of pork ribs ( which seemed to be precooked ) and the vegetable of the day was over seasoned the little piece of cornbread was also stail. My husband was not satisfied with the quality of his meal as well. (stail roll on sandwich/ French fries undercooked)
The one thing I enjoyed was the service.
Place is new and clean and I wish them luck but they need to step up their game because just a mile up the road is Bethany Blues which are excellent in all BBQ.