“No Frills but Great Location”
Review of Walls Apartments

Walls Apartments
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Walls Apartments
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Walls apts are run by a very sweet older woman who has lived here forever. It is a large tract of land with lots of trees and houses or cottages dispersed throughout, as well as a couple of longhouses split into multiple units. It is located, however, in the middle of town. Rehoboth Avenue is a block away and the beach is a few blocks further. The units are very simple, no telephone, no tv, no fancy pants. Think of it as camping with outdoor showers but indoor toilets, tubs and sinks and you will be pleased. You only have a tub in your room unless you rent one of the houses. There is plenty of free parking which is a luxury in Downtown Rehoboth Beach. The unit is clean, there is limited privacy as you share a thin wall with your neighbor, but you are likely to make new friends while here. It is a camping oasis in the middle of a small city.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Rph001
There are newer reviews for Walls Apartments

Reviewed August 3, 2012

We have been coming here for over 30 years and for us it's like coming home to Grand Mothers house as Ann Mckool is now 95 years old. This lady is one of a kind and we are so thankful for all the good times our family has had here over the years.

This is a place like back in the 50's but it is clean and the folks who stay here have been coming for years and its like a extended farmily now. We are here in prime time and what we pay is what most people spend for just two days we get a full week what a deal. Like the other reviews say its basic living but you can have a wonderful vacation at a very cheap price.

The town has some outstanding restaurants and shops that most you can walk to which for us is a real plus. Not sure how much longer we will be here but thankful for the years we have had. This is a very special place for our family.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank rc1950
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My family and I stayed their this summer several nights and we loved it. Mrs Kools is sweet. My teenagers loved the screened in porch and played cards for hours. It was very clean and comfortable and we would definitely go back again.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank mary k
Reviewed March 23, 2012

I am going back to Walls Apartment and cottages for my 5th time this summer. It's not fancy but it's quiet, clean and air conditioned. No T.V. but we take out laptops and play movies on there. Mrs. McKool is a lovely lady who has southern charm that's certainly endearing. If you are looking for a place that feels safe, is clean and at a great price for your family, Walls is the place for you.

Room Tip: If you prefer a shower vs an old fashion tub, you need to request it.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Lindaeroberts
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I felt the previous review was a bit misleading. To call Walls Apt "charming" is an overstatement. I LOVE Walls & go there whenever I can, because I'd rather spend my money in other ways & they're MUCH cheaper than other Rehoboth Hotels, especially in season. But, I have friends who won't go there & that's their perogative. I also LOVE Mrs Walls. She's a treasure. I have actually stayed in her home, in her spare bedroom before, when she misbooked me. But, normally she's reliable! Her apts, I believe are shacks, cottages, very old BUT CLEAN & the beds are comfortable. That's all I need. But, the 1st time I went there, I was "What have I got myself into!" The towels she'll hand you are thin & frayed- again, OLD. So, if you're looking for "Charming" go elsewhere. IF you're looking for cheap & clean- Walls is the place for you, as it is for me!

Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
16  Thank Patsy123061
Reviewed June 18, 2010

I love Walls for it's old-fashioned charm, and the added bonus of having Ann Walls McCool personally check you in and add up your bill in her head. Now Ann is 93 "plus" in years, so that is impressive. Not sure I could do it! Don't expect a TV. But do expect charm, a short walk to the beach, a real quick walk to restaurants and shops, and a very inexpensive bill. Book early. All units but about 2 have cute screened porches and AC, plus a fridge. there are small cottages for one or two, and some houses for more people. We went before it was really busy, so it was nice and quiet. I imagine it is a bit more crowded in the height of summer. The rooms were clean and comfortable.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple