“Not a Sports Bar”

Rehoboth Ale House
Ranked #70 of 279 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Opening under new ownership in 2016, the Rehoboth Ale House is a craft beer/cocktail focused gastropub with high quality food. There is live music every week Thursday - Saturday. The beer list is long with 20 drafts and over 50 bottles and cans, and the cocktails use fresh grown ingredients. Check out our Untappd or website for a live draft list!
Chesapeake Beach, Maryland
“Not a Sports Bar”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

Went there last night to watch a football game. The bar was packed with football fans and the place offered "Grid Iron Grub". It sure gave the appearance of a sport bar. All of a sudden, in the 4th quarter, the audio was turned off and a drag queen show started being performed. I guess seeing the disturbing sight of 'showgirls' taping their genitalia when I used the restroom should have tipped me off something freaky was going on. When I complained about the lack of sound for the game I had been watching for a couple of hours, I was told there are plenty of other bars in town and could feel free to leave. I won't claim complete innocence but was shocked when the bartender threatened me. If you like freak shows, this may be a good place. Recommend going to the Frog Pond or Green Turtle for sports. Definitely will never step foot in this dump again. Food was flavorless and mustard container caked with dried mustard and water came out instead of mustard -- yuck!

Visited December 2012
3 Thank Rob C

Millsboro, Delaware
“This Place Used to be Great”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

I've been to this place a million times. I think it was sold a few years ago, and it has gone completely downhill since then. I dined here Tuesday October 23, 2012, and it will be the last time I ever stop foot in there. It was my husband, my 9 yr old, and I. We were the only people in the place besides one other lady at the bar. Took forever to get the waitress to come over and wait on us because she was too busy talking to that other lady at the bar. I ordered a kids chicken finger meal for my son, and she tried to talk us into upgrading into the $5.00 more chicken finger appetizer. My son barely finished his kids meal. My hamburger was paper thin. I could have got a better one at McDonald's. The icing on the cake though was the waitress while talking to the other lady at the bar kept yelling the F word across the restaurant. I'm no prude, and I use that word from time-to-time, but my 9 yr old didn't need to keep hearing that word yelled out at dinner. It was so bad, even he made a comment about her manners. If the waitress would have talked in a lower voice, we would have never heard her saying it. It kills me what has happened to this place because it used to be one of my go to places in Rehoboth. Another thing that sucks is their happy hour pricing is only good if you sit at the bar. Sorry, Rehoboth Ale House, I can drink at a million other places in town that have happy hour pricing in the entire restaurant. Apparently, you don't need my money that bad.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank C W
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware
“Lobster Mac and Cheese”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

After raving about the Lobster Mac and Cheese at the Flaming Buoy in Key West, I thought I could never find another place to equal that fantastic meal. Well....having dined at this restaurant on Saturday evening, the food served at this place certainly is a formidable contender. Chunks of lobster baked in Chedder mac and cheese....very very good. I just wish the ambiance matched the food. I thought the music was toooooo loud.

Visited September 2012
East Petersburg, Pennsylvania
“Good Food”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

People were nice even though we were Steeler Fans. The food was good and the prices were reasonable.

Visited September 2012
NJ
“Not a great experience”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

My friends and I wanted to pick an "off the beaten path" restaurant for dinner, but we should've just waited elsewhere to eat. The Ale House seems more of a local joint, which typically is great but proved disappointing. First, service was not so great. Second, they had live music that was so loud we could not hear each other speak across our booth--which really ruined the meal. The food was okay at best but we were disappointed in the salad, burger, and wrap. This is the first disappointing restaurant experience I've had in Rehobeth. We won't be back and I'd recommend you go elsewhere.

• Visited August 2012