“Excellent Thai food”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We first went here on a Monday night, and we enjoyed it so much that we went back another night for carryout. There were two dining sections, one at street level and another a few steps down, like a split-level. We ordered a satay chicken appetizer that I shared with my husband, and our son had a tom yom soup which contained a reddish broth with shrimp, mushroom, lemon grass and cilantro. He liked it very much. For the main entrees my husband ordered crispy honey duck with basil, chili, garlic, onions and pepper. I had a sweet and spicy chile crusted eggplant with chicken and shrimp in a chile sauce. I had expected the eggplant to dominate the dish, but there were ample servings of shrimp and chicken in the dish. My son ordered nam pik pow which was a dish sauteed with carrots, onions and celery in a sweet and spicy roasted chili sauce. We all cleaned our plates. My husband and I had a beer each. The total came to $88, which as others have mentioned, seems a bit high, but the portions were nicely sized and the food really was excellent.

Reviewed September 6, 2012

If you are looking for a restaurant that is clean, air conditioned, customer service oriented and with a chef who will knock your socks off, then find this gem. The restaurant does accommodate vegan diets so vegans and meat eaters can sit and enjoy a meal together. The chef takes great care in the control of the blending of flavors and spices that create a symphony of flavors that burst across the palate. Meals are a bit on the pricey side but considering the deft ability of the chef to create food magic, it is well worth the cost and highly recommended. If you never had Thai food, don't let this deter you. The wait staff will gladly explain the dishes if the printed descriptions aren't enough for you to make a selection. My traveling companions never had Thai food and the waitress was patient with providing descriptions and even inquired about our heat preference for the spices. They were both astounded with their meal selections.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Lily Thai was excellent. It was some of the best Thai food we have had in a long time. The spring rolls and panang curry were excellent. My kids also loved the Satay Chicken. We will definitely be back! I only wish we lived closer so we could eat here regularly.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

After reading the good reviews, we tried this place, not expecting a lot from a Thai place at the beach. We were so surprised. The food was amazing. This was truly the best Thai food we have ever had. The exterior of the building is not very inviting, so it may get overlooked. But don't pass it by. It's a great find! We even went back a second time.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

All of their food is very good along with service. My husband has tried many of their dishes,sides, and soups- all of them excellent. I had the fried rice dish "Chao Pad American" that has chicken, fried rice, pineapple chunks, raisins, eggs, tomatoes, peas, carrots and onions. I would get this dish again, along with the papaya and mango salad.
Our waitress was very good, pleasant and she checked back often. Food was ready in a reasonable amount of time.
We will definitely return again.