“Great Dinner”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We have eating here at numerous times and the food is always excellent. Definitely have a margarita as well, they are awesome. Tonight I had the salmon and it was cooked to perfection.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Rehoboth Beach has an embarrassment of riches when it comes to Mexican restaurants, but Cilantro holds its own with the rest, and at bargain prices.

Stopped in on a blustery Sunday evening, and had a fine meal. House margaritas at "happy hour" prices, good chips and salsa, a very nice spinach salad with nuts (the menu said almonds and pecans, but I'm sure I got walnuts - equally tasty) and cranberries in a nice balsamic vinaigrette, and some outstanding enchilidas verdes, generously stuffed with shredded beef, and accompanied by rice and a little dish of beans (rather than the usual unidentifiable brown paste that passes for beans in most places).

Very good service and pleasant ambience, all at what really is a bargain price for Rehoboth. A new addition to the "short list" of must-visit places.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

The food was excellent. Service was very courteous and prompt. The waiter's dessert recommendation was perfect. The restaurant was busy - as expected for a Saturday evening - but not overly noisy. It was the perfect beginning to our 4-day stay in Rehoboth Beach.

Reviewed September 28, 2013

Cilantro is a lovely little Mexican restaurant. We went for a late lunch, but still the bar was full of late lunch/early dinner diners. The menu has a good selection of familiar items, plus some authentic Mexican dishes. Fish tacos were great, as were the chicken enchiladas with verde sauce. The only tiny down side to the restaurant was the continuous disco sound track playing rather loudly. The first 5 or 6 songs were a fun stroll down memory lane, but then it just got tiresome. Traditional music, played quietly, would have made it easier for conversation.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

We saw this restaurant on a recent Tuesday night and it was packed. We went back on Wednesday night and they were not that busy. We had a very nice waitress, although she didn't quite understand how I wanted my margarita (Iprefer them shaken and strained) and when I watched the bartender she didn't use 1800 as the menu stated. These are the two reason I didn't give them 5 stars. The food was very good. My husband had the stuffed poblano pepper with pork, I had the stuffed poblano with cheese. They were very tasty and we enjoyed them. My only suggestion would be to add a stuffed pablano pepper with chicken. I don't eat pork and would have preferred chicken instead of just cheese. Oh and the mojitos were excellent! As opposed to some of the reviews I have read, our food was very hot and the cheese was nice and melted.