“Good for one night”
Review of High Seas Motel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
High Seas Motel
Ranked #22 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The rooms are small and not very visually appealing, but the are clean. The location is only a short walk to the beach and a block back from tons of shops and restaurants which is nice. Not sure I would stay here for a week, but it was fine for a night.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Krispie01

Reviewed October 10, 2011

We went to Rehoboth for Columbus Weekend for the last bit of warm weather and sunshine. Everyone else had the same idea so we had to scramble for a room. Everything from in-town all the way out to Lewes was booked for the night so we took a room at the High Seas. The positives, it is only two-half blocks from beach and one block from the main shopping area. Parking was plentiful and easy access. The price was more than half off a nightly rate at another hotel/motel. George, our front desk manager, was extremely nice and helpful. The negatives, there is a reason why this place is cheap. To say the room was spartan would be an understatement. With the cinder block walls, my daughter remarked that it looked like a prison cell. The beds were small, but firm. There is a small TV that actually has all of the cable channels. The shower towels were about the size of a hand towel and you could almost see through them. There is no elevator, but only three floors. The stairwell door had a huge cobweb that we had to walk under. I would stay again, but only for one night, and only if we did not have other viable options.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2011

last minute trip so I decided to stay here. Very dusty and when I got home I had bites all over my legs. So I called an exterminator and was told that I have bed bugs. I have heard about bed bugs and problems with hotels and called the hotel to inform them of my new found pests. The owner refused to believe that they have bed bugs and did not seem interested in the needs of his guests.

Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
7  Thank ek505
Reviewed August 13, 2011

The High Seas Motel is located about two and a half blocks back from the beach and one block back from Rehoboth Avenue, which makes it a very reasonable walk to Rehoboth's activities without having to drive. Parking for guests is also free. It is indeed a "M"otel with the cliche configuration of parking lot facing room doors and windows. The rooms are reasonably quiet, which is mostly due to the painted cinder block walls between rooms (so don't expect anything cosmetically appealing). The room was clean, odor free, and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was functional and again, well maintained. The room has a small refrigerator and a microwave oven, which amused me since I've stayed at far more expensive properties in Rehoboth which didn't have either. The rate for the room was high but still much less than other properties in the neighborhood since we there during the weekend during the summer season (when all prices are right through the roof). I have nothing bad to say about the property, and it served a purpose.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mboileau
Reviewed July 12, 2011

Absolutely - the most PUTRID SMELLING motel I'd ever been in - DO NOT STAY HERE!

Hoped to save a buck (since usually not in the room that much when at the beach). Saw on-line that it wasn't fancy and had a moldy smell - but I had no idea that it would smell like a 1000 cats had pissed all over the room. Also, made the mistake of not inspecting the room before giving them our credit cards. And, the owner was at least 100 - barely understood english - and would not agree to any refund. We obviously still went elseware (easily got a far nicer room for roughly $50 more/day) - and tried to negotiate a reasonable 1-day cancelation fee (to no avail)! Ended up getting a permanent refund on my Credit Card - Thank Goodness - What a Nightmare!!!!! They should be ashamed!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank DCTravelerOpinion
Reviewed June 13, 2011

we went for memorial day weekend, and it was the only place left with rooms. The staff was really nice and they let us keep our car there a little longer, but if you don't want cigarette butt burns on your sheets, you might want to try something else!

it's cheap, it's safe. that's the positive, but the quality of the rooms are questionable

Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank rosalita_dc
Reviewed August 21, 2010

This hotel is certainly not luxurious, or quaint. To me, it had a very Soviet-era feel, with concrete block walls. The room wasn't sparkling clean, but it wasn't awful with cobwebs, like the other reviewer mentioned. It was basic accomodations a few blocks away from the beach. The rooms were quiet, and there wasn't any weird noises keeping me awake.

I would neither recommend it nor not recommend it. TripAdvisor required me to check one, so I checked no. However, if you're okay with very bare bones (and you know who you are!) then you'd probably be okay with this place. If you're looking for something more mainstream, go elsewhere.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple