“Family Italian 2010”

Ranked #104 of 282 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: Lupo Italian Kitchen on Rehoboth Avenue is where you can find fresh takes on Italian cuisine intermingled amongst coastal and regional offerings. Our produce is sourced locally and is mostly hand selected from the farms and markets dotted throughout the southern part of the state. Our menu consists of flavorful tasting items that welcome guests to try numerous exciting and exotic flavor combinations. Our fresh, line caught seafood is at the core of our companies philosophy and sits in abundance on our menu. Hand selected and crafted meat options resemble simple and delicious rustic fare. All of our delectable desserts are made in house with great care and attention. Our quaint sit down corner bar is similar in practice as we create tasty seasonal concoctions daily with every new batch of fruits and herbs that come in. A fully stocked wine shelf holds unique and acclaimed wine selections that eagerly await pairings.
Reviewed February 18, 2010

Good Food, Well Presented in a setting where groups, families and couples can co-exist. Had a nice romantic dinner undisturbed by our surroundings which included several large extended family groups.

Reviewed February 2, 2010

I ate here over the summer, and I have to say, it was disappointing. The food was very bland and over priced for the quality. It's a lovely spot, for sure, and the service was friendly, but I wouldn't go back.

Reviewed December 28, 2009

I'm having second thoughts about giving this wonderful place a good review because it's already so popular, and the more people talk about it, the harder it will be to get in. Anyway, I started so here I go. I thought everything was very good. I am infamous for tasting everything anyone at my table orders so I felt I had a good sampling.

Linguini with mushrooms, EXCELLENT, Fruita de Mar, very nice (a little fishy maybe but very nice) Gnocchi Excellent but very rich, Pork Bolognese, very good. Calamari and caponata starters were also very good. Beet Salad could have used something..

My only suggestions to the restaurant: Change the bread--it's more like corn bread than what you would expect at an italian restaurant (tastes good but it's wrong). and serve water is real glasses, not plastic with a straw. Otherwise everything was top-notch. Oh, and I actually thought it was reasonably priced. For party of 4, with wine and some desserts, we spent $150.

Reviewed October 31, 2009

Everything is impeccable here, from cocktails, starters, dinner, dessert...but quite expensive..

Reviewed October 27, 2009

Lupo Di Mare is a treasure and we are so happy to have it in our town! At the beginning of the meal here are many small and tasty dishes to start out with in the $4-$5 range, such as shaved brussels sprouts with white truffle oil (a MUST), and warm roasted mixed nuts - all of them fun to share with your tablemates. For a first course, the pistachio, beet, and chick pea salad is a great choice, as are the daily special gourmet pizzas. I have tried almost all of the entrees on the menu and tend to go back to the pastas again and again. I especially like the gnocci with gorgonzola cream, walnuts, and thinly sliced apples - as well as the wild mushroom linguine. Both dishes are so rich and satisfying. Lupo also does a great job with meat and fish. Last week a memeber of my party ordered the sea bass with risotto and it looked so divine that I had to reach my fork across the table and take a bite. The fish was perfectly caramelized on the surface, and perfectly done inside. As far as pricing is concerned, Luop is a very good value. Pasta entrees in the $18-$20 dollar range are perfectly acceptable for this town, and if you dine out often in Rehoboth you will know that you can easily pay more for a poorly cooked entree elsewhere. And lamb shanks for only $20 - that's a bargain that can't be beat. Off-season specials increase the value of this restaurant even more, with special Sunday suppers and half-price pasta dishes on Wednesday. If you like fine dining and have not had the opportunity to check out Lupo di Mare please do yourself a favor and go!