“Wonderful Veal Meatballs” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lupo Italian Kitchen

Lupo Italian Kitchen
Ranked #153 of 269 Restaurants in Rehoboth Beach
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Lupo Italian Kitchen on Rehoboth Avenue is where you can find fresh takes on Italian cuisine intermingled amongst coastal and regional offerings. Our produce is sourced locally and is mostly hand selected from the farms and markets dotted throughout the southern part of the state. Our menu consists of flavorful tasting items that welcome guests to try numerous exciting and exotic flavor combinations. Our fresh, line caught seafood is at the core of our companies philosophy and sits in abundance on our menu. Hand selected and crafted meat options resemble simple and delicious rustic fare. All of our delectable desserts are made in house with great care and attention. Our quaint sit down corner bar is similar in practice as we create tasty seasonal concoctions daily with every new batch of fruits and herbs that come in. A fully stocked wine shelf holds unique and acclaimed wine selections that eagerly await pairings.
Derwood, MD
“Wonderful Veal Meatballs”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was our first experience at Lupo Di Mare. I ordered Veal Meatballs & Pappardelle. There were 4 huge meatballs in a red sauce, roasted garlic, herbs, virgin oil. It was outstanding. We also ordered Grilled Artichokes (with sea salt, fresh herbs, lemon, virgin oil). While they were very good, we expected them to be warm instead of chilled. It was a nice portion however. The other meal ordered was Margherita Flatbread (with fresh mozzarella, roasted tomato, fried garlic, basil virgin oil). The crust was very thin. We expected something a bit thicker since it was described as a flatbread. Not realizing how much cheese was on the meal, we would have asked for light cheese. If you like a lot cheese, it's great. They did serve bread that had sea salt on top. While we like to limit our amount of sodium we did find out that, depending on who make the bread, sometimes it has sea salt and other times not. The night we dined, the pasta meal was half price which was a great bargain. For this reason I selected two $$.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Michael D, Manager at Lupo Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hi!

Thanks for joining us at Lupo di Mare & for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community. I'm glad that your first experience with us was an enjoyable one. We're definitely big fans of the 1/2 price pasta entrees as well! Next time you join us we will be more than happy to back off on the cheese on the pizza for you. If you need anything please do not hesitate to reach out to me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com. We hope to see you again soon!

Thanks again,

Falls Church, Virginia
“Best Italian in Rehoboth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Veal Meatballs & Pappardelle: with a sweet red sauce and roasted garlic is "to die for". It's the best dish in Rehoboth. They serve wonderful seafood and fish and the service is always outstanding.

Visited September 2013
Michael D, Manager at Lupo Italian Kitchen, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thanks for joining us at lupo di mare & taking the time to share your experience with the TA community. I'm so glad you enjoyed your meal. I couldn't agree with your thoughts on the meatball pasta more. It's tough working here & trying not to eat it every night! If you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com.

Thanks again
Mike Dickinson
“Great place on a stormy night...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013 via mobile

A friend and I visited this place on a rainy Friday night. We were welcomed by the hostess and seated at a quiet table near the front? Ken, our waiter was helpful in explaining the specials and questions we had about the menu. We started with excellent salads and bread with olive oil on the side. Friend ordered mushroom linguini and I had the shrimp and polenta. Both were delicious and just the right amount. Coffee and dessert followed. All in all a wonderful dining experience! We will be back!

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Deborah C
Hi Deborah

Thanks for joining us at lupo & for taking the time to share your experiences with the TA community. I'm so glad we could be your shelter from the storm. Hopefully we get to see you again soon! If you need anything please do not hesitate to contact me either via TA message or email at mike at sodelconcepts dot com.

Thanks again
Sarasota, Florida
“Excellent Eggplant Dish”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

We ate here with a Road Scholar group,so our food selection was limited to two choices. One was a shrimp based special and I'm allergic to shell fish so I ordered the eggplant by default. I'm not an eggplant lover so I was resigned to a lackluster dinner. I was surprised to discover that this eggplant was absolutely delicious, I would highly recommend it. If we had more free time,this is the one place I would definitely want to return to so I could partake of their other non shellfish specialties.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank OwenComora
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great food, good choices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

Italian food with an emphasis on seafood. The food is consistently very good. The service is generally good and sometimes outstanding. Unfortunately they do not take reservations Ana thus, in e summer season best to relax and wait. In " off season" it is easier to get a table and the noise level is much more tolerable. When in Rehoboth, try it.

• Visited September 2013