“Best B&B in every way!”

Ranked #1 of 14 Rehoboth Beach B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“Best B&B in every way!”
Reviewed March 10, 2014

I travel quite a bit for work (average 3-4 months out of the year) and am used to hotels, motels, etc. When I planned a short vacation to Rehoboth Beach at a B&B, I wasn't sure what to expect or how it all worked at a B&B since I have only stayed in one my entire life and it was so many years ago, it was hard to remember what it was like.

I walked in and the decor took my breath away. I literally stood there staring and thinking that I just walked into the cover of an actual magazine. There was a delicious candle burning, a fire going (which was perfect on a cold, March day) and it felt like I was walking into a friend's home it was so inviting.

The room was perfect- it was brightly painted, with some of the most gorgeous decorative touches. There was a great use of space that allowed for plenty of room to move around. We had our own bathroom, the flat screen tvs on the wall were a great touch! There was a fridge in the room, which was wonderful since I always have leftovers or extra water that I like to keep cold.

The place was immaculate in terms of cleanliness and I am so used to cleaning everything with wipes wherever I go, it actually didn't occur to me-which never happens. The bedding was fresh, the mattress was soft without being too soft and the natural light was refreshing in the big windows.

The location is a block from the beach and in the heart of all of the major restaurants and shopping areas. There were some great parks, a tasty winery and outlet shopping a short drive away, but for the most part, we walked everywhere making the place seem so convenient and stress-free.

The breakfast was one of the best I've had -and I have had plenty of traveling breakfasts. It was truly homemade with care and touch of class I rarely see these days. There was a huge selection of food from bagels and croissants to fruit or oatmeal, yogurts, cereal and the hot breakfast items along with coffee brewed to perfection and a wide variety of juices and teas. The hot breakfast items were better than most items I've chosen off menus in some of the most expensive hotels - fresh ingredients make all the difference!

The customer service, though, is what made this entire trip seem like we were staying with friends. Tom and Steve, the innkeepers, were beyond gracious, friendly and welcoming. They also knew the places to see, restaurants to try (and those that shouldn't be tried), bars to visit and the best time of day for anything and everything in the area. It was better than any concierge service I've experienced to date and that's not an exaggeration.

We are already planning our next few stays this year and into next year with other friends and recommending this B&B to anyone and everyone! You will not be disappointed! I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to stay - and we had even extended our stay by a night because we didn't want to leave!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Our first stay won't be our last! The Rehoboth Guest House was beautiful and we had a great time! We were very impressed with all the decoration in the home. We thought we were in an episode of HGTV. Tom, Steve and all the other guests made our stay very memorable!!

• Stayed March 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 9, 2014

I planned a weekend away by myself to relax and recharge my batteries. How lucky was I to stay at the Rehoboth Guest House! Steve and Tom are two of the kindest people I have ever met. The minute you walk through the door you are greeted with a war, and friendly welcoming that makes you feel like you're staying at an old friends house! The Guest House is clean, accommodating and beautiful. Even though I was traveling alone I was welcomed to wine and even joined the other house guests for dinner at Hobos! Within walking distance to shoppes, restaurant and the beach this place is on a level all it's own! Thank you Steve and Tom for a wonderful weekend away! I can't wait to come back!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Madison, New Jersey
Reviewed March 5, 2014

This place was fantastic right from the start. We feel so lucky we are to have found the Rehoboth Guest House.Its gorgeous inside out. I had so much fun with both the Inn keepers, very friendly. Love the breakfast and the snacks that were given to us. It such a relaxing atmosphere. The town is a wonderful town. Tom and steve were so amaizing, they did a wonderful job organizing, decorating and running the place. Lets not forget the two dogs (Rambo and Dolce - Sweethearts)

Room Tip: This B&B doesnt provide you with shampoo and toothpaste, but Its not a problem. If you ask Steve...
Lorton, Virginia
Reviewed March 4, 2014

How lucky we are to have found the Rehoboth Guest House. Every attention to detail is in place, the house is warm, charming and pristine. Tom and Steve who own the Rehoboth Guest House are gracious hosts. They welcome all guests to use the common areas and hope all come down for a glass of wine and conversation in the evening. We were in town for a wedding, but as we left a few couples were in the living area with Tom chatting away. The full on renovaiton spared no detail and our rooms were oh so comfortable. Breakfast was delicious and plentiful! We will tell all of our freinds that this is the ONLY place in Rehoboth they should stay.

Thanks for a wonderful weekend!

Room Tip: all of the rooms are well appointed but some have "Sleep Number Beds!!!"
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 3, 2014

From the cozy fireplace, candles, and chill/up-beat music, to the tasty appetizers/dips in the dining room, walk-out decks/porches and pillowy beds, this is THE place to stay to relax and enjoy time in Rohoboth Beach. When we arrived, we were greeted by the kind-hearted host (and breakfast culinary genius) Tom, and given a tour of the modern, gorgeously-decorated 3-story home - and we fell in love. Later we met a few of the other innkeepers - Garrett and Steve - and by the time we left the area a few days later, they felt like old friends. Do yourself a favor, and don't look any further for a bed and breakfast in Delaware, it just doesn't get any better than this!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Yorktown, Virginia
Reviewed March 3, 2014

We enjoyed a wonderful weekend away. As soon as we walked in the whole house invited you to sit down pour a glass of wine and enjoy the wonderfully relaxing space. The Innkeepers make it as if you are visiting family.