At Melissa's is a cute, old-fashioned beach house two blocks from the beach and boardwalk along Delaware Avenue, and is within two blocks walking distance of all the shops on Rehoboth Avenue, as well as restaurants. The home is about 100 years old, with gray clapboard and a big front porch with cute white wicker furniture. Our room on the second floor was nicely decorated with a king-sized bed and extra day bed, in sunny yellow and blue colors with a teddy bear. The bath was directly across the hall and came with a key so you could lock it. While we didn't spend a lot of time in the room, it was still pleasant to come home to after the beach, or after dinner each night. The bathroom was small, but nice enough, except it tended to get steamy and hot in there, as there was only an electric fan on the back of toilet to take the humidity out, and could be a little claustrophobic, but served its purpose. Clean towels are available upon request, and the room is cleaned daily. Melissa herself was very friendly and helpful and provided whatever you needed (including a parking pass for the Henlopen Acres beach parking lot) as well as wireless Internet. Each morning she served up a nice buffet breakfast which was ready when you woke up, with wonderful waffles and a waffle iron to cook them with yourself; blueberries, strawberries, sausage, eggs, cereal, juices, yogurt and other fruits. The breakfast menu varied slightly from day to day, but was always delicious. Guests could eat on her front porch, or in the dining room where there was a big table with several chairs, as well as a smaller table; or gather just to talk, and spend time in the dining room, as well as the cozy living room where there was a TV inside of the armoire, along with toys for children to play with. The back of the home had a marvelous kitchen, and there were also some picnick tables outside and a grill, as well as a soft drink vending machine, with free drinks for your trips to the beach. Parking was a little tight along the back and side of her home, but she still managed to squeeze in five or so large cars there, but backing in is required from the street into the driveway and your assigned spot. There are beach chairs, towels and umbrellas too, that you can use daily. The beach chairs however had been soaked with rain, and had a bit of rust on them which was something to be careful of so it didn't come off on your towel, clothes, or car. The house itself had had narrow stairs with two rooms at the bottom of the stairs, as well as three or so on the second level, and a fourth one up another flight of stairs on the top level, large enough for a family. The hallway to the rooms was also very narrow, so carrying luggage could be a little challenging, but still doable. All the people who stayed at the B & B were friendly and nice, with a variety of ages, including families as well as friends - with some who returned each year because they had enjoyed their stay at the house so much, and had become good friends with Melissa! Melissa also gave lots of good restaurant recommendations, which we took advantage of - eating one night at The Oyster Bar down the street, and at another nearby restaurant too. She keeps all the restaurant info and menus stored in her front entrance hallway. All in all, it was a fun, quaint and comfortable place to stay - and we would recommend it to anyone looking for a B&B at the beach. We previously had stayed at The Corner Cupboard Inn which was on the other side of Rehoboth, in Henlopen Acres (on Park Avenue), but is no longer open as an Inn. At Melissa's turned out to be a great alternative, and we were very happy with the choice!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At melissa's, a 100+ year old beach house, situated one block west of the beach and 1 block north to dining, shopping & entertainment. No cars needed here. Reminiscent of days gone by, this 100% gluten free b&b boasts a gracious front porch for whiling away the hours, be it chatting, reading or enjoying a cool refreshment. Each room, tastefully decorated has private baths, internet access and individual ac. A charming backyard with a wonderful outdoor shower, ideal when returning from the beach or just to laze about. Complimentary bike rental to enjoy the many parks and trails all around. A beautiful place where guests become friends and still continue after 22 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your At Melissa’s B&B reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- At Melissa`s Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- At Melissa`s Bed And Breakfast