“Basic but clean”

Ranked #20 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Mansfield, Pennsylvania
“Basic but clean”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

You get a clean room for the very affordable price. What you give up is no coffee in the room, no alarm clock and thin bath towels. If you know this going in its a great place to spend the night. Restraurants within walking distance.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank chip56

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Rehoboth for a long weekend with his family. After having a terrible nights sleep in the hotel we first stayed at on the Friday night, we called the Anchorage on Saturday morning hoping that they would have a room at a decent price (the chain hotels along this main street wanted to charge us over $200 a night in September). We got a nice clean room at the Anchorage for $100. It's no frills but if you just need somewhere to sleep & take a shower it's a great place for that. It is a drive to the beach, but since we were there in September, we really weren't there for the beach since it was a bit chilly.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2013 via mobile

Needed a last minute reservation on a busy July day, was able to get a room here. Very basic, but clean. Location was so-so. I would suggest going to walmart for some pillows if you need to stay here.... And maybe pick up some shampoo too...

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank Beachbumm7
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

When my job booked this motel for me for a work conference, I was a little worried. The website doesn't make it look great and it's a motel in the middle of strip malls, so I wasn't sure what to expect. But I was pleasantly surprised. It's a newer building that's well-maintained. It doesn't have too many frills, but the room was spacious and clean. There's plenty of parking and it's only about 10 minutes to the beach. This is a great place for an affordable stay near the beach.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Emc8309
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

This motel is on the coastal highway, a few miles from the beach. Your best option to get to the beach, in my opinion, is to drive to the Park and Ride, behind the Holiday Inn Express (a couple of miles south), which runs frequently and will drop you off at (and pick you up from) the Boardwalk. (Or you can drive down, but parking is limited and the meters are RELENTLESSLY hungry for quarters!!)

Obviously, it's more convenient to stay right on the beach, but the price is right (at least half of what we would have paid to stay beachfront!!) and if you can't be right on the beach, you might as well be right near the outlets, right? And there are plenty of places to pick up food or other necessities on the Coastal Highway.

Overall the place is fine-- friendly and helpful staff, looks to be fairly recently updated, nice shower, beds reasonably comfortable and quiet (did not hear highway noise, but then again, we had an "inside" room!), and we felt safe. We also were very happy to have a fridge. But we were disappointed when it came to the little things.

For example, we immediately noticed that our room had hair everywhere that was not ours. Most notably, on the floor of our bathroom and stuck to our blankets (under the comforters, which we've always known to remove.) And I'm not just talking like 1 or 2 hairs. This gave me the creeps...

Also, as others have said-- there are no frills here. I'm fine with their not providing a hair dryer, or little shampoos/conditioners (I knew from others' reviews that I'd better pack my own), but our room seriously needed a towel rack, or at least a towel hook or two. We had this giant bathroom, but there was nowhere to hang our bath towels, nevermind our beach towels! Also, I didn't feel unsafe, but I would have felt safer if my room had a dead bolt on the door, and I'm not used to not seeing one. I thought those were pretty standard these days.

All in all, I'd stay here again, but I might look for other options first.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, you might ask for a room that does not face the highway. (I slept fin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank CM410
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had booked a room at Anchorage Motel, was supposed to be a King bed room which we booked two months before, it turned out to be a room with double beds was very upset, very uncomfortable beds my husband is 6'6 so it was a very uncomfortable nite, Plus there was a group of people that were so loud till 4 in the morning did call to complain, and the response was she did not hear them, You can hear what goes on the other room quite well, so be warned, So we paid $171.00 with tax which is not what is stated by people on trip adviser I do think we were overcharged for what we got, you do have to bring your own handtowels they give you two regular towels, Did try to talk to the owner but was no where around, I will go back to Hotel Rehoboth its worth it even if you pay a little more

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

PA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

We stayed here for a weekend getaway with our teenaged daughters. The room was clean, price was great! About 5 mins from Rehoboth Beach and 15 mins from Cape Henlopan State Park. The park beach is much less crowded.
Ask for a room with a microwave and fridge, makes it much nicer to chill drinks and food before a beach day. Front desk staff friendly, close to Food Lion and restaurants. Much cheaper than nearby hotels!

• Stayed July 2013