“Pleased with hotel, not sure about Rehoboth” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #22 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Albany, NY
“Pleased with hotel, not sure about Rehoboth”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2009

We just returned from a 3-night weekend stay at the Quality Inn at Rehoboth beach. Overall, we were pleased with our stay. We booked the king suite, which came with one king bedroom and a separate other room with 2 queens and a sitting area. Both areas shared a small kitchenette (minifridge, sink and micro) and a bathroom. Breakfast was included which consisted of cereal, danishes, plain bagels, and waffle maker.
Overall, the rooms were clean, staff was courteous. I did notice that our room looked like it had been recently carpeted, and signs were on doors to other rooms indicating carpeting was taking place (and asking for access while the project was occurring. If I was in one of those rooms, I would not have been pleased.) The only downside was proximity to the beach. It would have been a longer walk than I would have wanted to do with a 6 month old and all the stuff we brought to keep her and us happy. And in order to go downtown or to the beach/boardwalk during the high season, be prepared to bring lots of quarters for the meters, or to figure out the permit parking system. Traffic was also quite heavy and rather intolerable in the immediate Rehoboth and Dewey beach downtowns during dinner hours.
Final verdict – I would stay at the Quality Inn again, but I am not sure I will be coming back to Rehoboth any time soon.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Superior
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

My sister and I brought our 7 and 9 year olds to Rehoboth. By booking online through the Quality Inn reservations we were able to stay only the one night (all other hotels in the area want more than 1 night). The hotel was clean, the lobby attractive, the swimming pool was fun for the children. The suite accommodated all of us comfortably. The only problem was we were 4 blocks away from the beach. Also, don't expect much from the breakfast.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
enola
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2009

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!! This place sucks like i read the reviews be for i went down last year i stayed 6/30/08-7/4/08 and the reviews i read said this place was half and half..... it was me my mom my sister and my best friend that went down....first they said you need $150.oo when u first get there so if you plan on staying there so that you dont leave and if you do they have your money to hold on too so make sure u bring extra cash..... but dont worrie you'll get it back in two days they do that so that they know your going to stay there for sure......they say its not a far walk from the beach it's a long walk the closest thing to walk to is the lake thats like 3 streets from the hotel the hotel is on the high way very ugly to look at when you're looking out you're window.....the pool is nasty not clean at all and the manager checks you out while you're swimming.....the bottom level of the hotel has the no smoking signs so they dont look like or smell like smokeing rooms but we stayed on the second level and it was nasty it smelled really bad....it says it has a two person sofa but they lie it does not unfold its really dirty to sit on anyways .....theres nothing around to do its very boring there......board walk is 2 miles or so away....very hard to find.....limited place's to eat........we spent every day that we where down there at ocean city because if was much better quilty then this hotel......there bathrooms where dirty.....the room was dirty not cleaned as well as it should be......the parking was also limited.....it was very loud.... plus for the price you're spending here you might as well book your travel plans at ocean city yearly in the year you'll get amazing price's compared to some one who will pay alot of money because they only booked there room 2 months or a month be for there trip where you would pay 2 times lower then what they would pay because you booked it early on......so if my review helped you then you're welcome if it didnt im sorry ....personaly i would not stay here again because of all of those reasons.....and i dont really think anyone else should because of those reasons..................

• Liked — The computer room.
  • Disliked — The uncleanlyness of every thing.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank xo15xoprincess

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Timisoara
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2009

2008 was my second year when I stood at this hotel.
Every year the services are better and better and you really can see the changes and the improvements.
I like this hotel because is newly renovated, the rooms are big, very clean..and I was able to find everything that I needed in the room: fridge, coffee-maker, Tv, phone, wireless..etc.
Even if you don't have a laptop, you can have access to the Internet, by using their business center.
I can say that I really enjoyed spending some of my free time to the hotel gym.
Being a non-smoking hotel, near to the beach and to the outlets, with an indoor pool which is open till 10 P.M and with an excellent staff, make this hotel a wonderful place where you can stay and spend a nice, relaxing vacation.
If I have to say what impressed me the most to this hotel, I have to say the staff.
Everyone from there was great and very helpful.
In my first year I had a problem with the place location, but with just a simple phone call to the hotel the problem was solved. They guided me and I found the place immediately. The guy from front desk made my check in very quickly, he told me about the hotel's endowments and he said for any minor problem that I have to call at front desk , because somebody will be there and will help me.
Being new in the area, I didn't know where I can go and eat, have fun, but again my problem was solved by the staff. For any of my questions and problem the staff was prepared with a good answer.
2009 is going to be my third year when I'm going to spend my vacation in US, and definitely I will choose to stay at Quality Inn & Suites in Rehoboth Beach.
I'm very curious to find out what is new there this year!

• Liked — Everything
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with friends
Gold Coast - Long Island
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2008

We really picked the WRONG hotel this time for our first visit to Rehoboth Beach. We all woke up with red itchy rashes on our skin - we should have checked their beds for BED BUGS before we went to sleep. There certainly were some kind of biting insects in our room. Lots of noise coming from the traffic along the main road when we opened our window for ventilation. Their rates were much too high for the Off Season - We were charged the same for a small room as their much larger suite. This hotel is not within walking distance of the beach as they advertised. The hotel had no property - just a parking lot in front. The rooms were dark and dingy and the breakfast room was dirty - with no staff present to clean it and keep it well stocked. All the tables seemed to have globs of ancient pancake syrup on them - no napkins, cups,etc, No seving utensils for the eggs, cakes and such. The owner must be rationing these items and expected guests to bring their own supplies. No place to move around in their small exercise room - the upright bike was greasy and the parts were loose. In the lobby they had a sign that they served complimentary - David's Gourmet Cookies - but they put stale hard packaged cookies. Kids in baseball uniforms were running all over the place without supervision at night - Where was the hotel staff to control this? There are numerous attractive hotels right off the boardwalk - and also along the main road near the shopping outlets - We suggest that Trip Advisor Readers book their hotels more carefully than we did. We trusted the brand name of the Quality Hotels - never had a problem before this stay.

• Liked — Not Much
  • Disliked — Poor Sanitary Conditions - Cramped Spaces in common areas
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
5 Thank Fendilane
new york
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2008

Our horrible experience at this Quality Inn - Rehoboth Beach, Delaware was magnified by the uncaring and unapologetic attitude of the owner/manager - Nuh Tekmen and his staff.
We woke up Sunday AM to find Large Black Ants crawling in our beds and in our luggage in Room 322. We had to beg David at the front desk to get an employee to control the swarming insects with insecticide. Miguel came to the rescue - but unfortunately this effort required more hands to strip the bed sheets and remove them - I am Handicapped and recently out of the hospital - and had to do the task along with Miguel - as David didn't have the common sense to send up more help. He stood at the door to our room and just observed and left. Due to the toxic nature of the spray I had to throw out numerous personal items that were in my luggage. Once home, I had the expense of dry cleaning most of our clothing. The owner finally showed up at 11 AM about the time we were to check out. He was very disinterested in our problem and gave no apology or an offer of compensation. After hearing our complaint - he wanted to question witnesses, David pretended that he saw nothing as he was apparently afraid of his boss. Tekmen, who had a very bad attitude, also questioned my handicap and why we had our two young granddaughters sleeping in the beds with us rather than expedite our check out in a friendly way. When I suggested that there be no charge for the one night in the room he said "Well, we cleaned it up! and you can use the public washing machine for your clothes." Our total bill was over $450 - he finally took off just $60. Additionally, the Breakfast Room was unsanitary and the food items and paper goods weren't restocked quickly. Guests were cleaning their own tables before they sat down - and were complaining about the scarcity at the self service area.
The reservation front desk staff - Lauren and crew - were uncooperative about assigning me a quiet room near the other room we also reserved for our adult family members. When I reserved I told her about my handicap and the need to reduce the walking distance between our two rooms. We were given room 322 adjacent to the elevator and noisy ice machine. I asked for the room to be changed after I saw it's location at 11 AM Saturday - she said that if I wasn't happy I could leave the hotel and find another in town - she was about to hand me a list of alternate hotels. The owner obviously instructed her to handle compaints in this fashion as he echoed her exact words when I discussed the entire situation with him on Sunday. At 4 PM Saturday a desk clerk informed me that I could be switched to the fourth floor where there was no ice machine. This should have been done before we unpacked in 322. I declined because it was too physically exhausting for me and also would have cut into our brief vacation time with our children. Little did I know that I would have to spend two hours Sunday with the insect invasion and many more hours back home with the final clean up.
Also note that this hotel is not within walking distance of the beach as they advertise. It's a very small hotel with no landscaped grounds, a very small pool and a closet sized exercise room. This was the worst experience that I have ever had in a hotel world wide. Mostly because the owner had trained his team of employees to be uncaring to the needs of the guests. Stay away from this place - there are many other choices in this town.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Insect infested room and nasty staff
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
4 Thank fendifendi
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2008

I stayed here for 2 days in Sept. and would recommend it. The room was large, with 2 queen beds and a separate siting area. It was clean, pleasant looking, and upgraded, with a modern bath and AC system and everything in working order (though the lights would hesitate a little before coming on; light switch was also not as reachable from the entrance as I would have liked).

My only real negative was the breakfast that was included in the rate. The word "pathetic" comes to mind. The breakfast room is small and the sugary pastries looked unappetizing, with bad foodservice coffee. There was a waffle maker but only one -- not enough unless you had lots of time to linger. And it wasn't a place worth lngering.

Location is the southerd end of Rehoboth, closer to shopping than to the beach.

NET: sleep here but eat elsewhere.

• Liked — Good rooms
  • Disliked — Poor breakfast
  • Stayed September 2008, traveled solo