We were very pleased with this hotel. We arrived early (around 12:30) and our room wasn't ready, which is understandable considering check-in is at 3:00. The man at the front desk, Chip, was very helpful. He allowed us to use the breakfast room to eat the lunch we had already packed, and even sent a plate of small donuts and mini-muffins to the table. He said we were welcome to use the pool or walk to the beach and leave our car there. It was raining, so we let the kids swim in the pool. He came over to the pool area early (around 2:15) to tell us our room was ready. We thought that was above and beyond what was expected. Also, we had two reservations (last-minute decision to stay three nights instead of two) and he made an extra effort to make sure we could stay in the same room.
Breakfast was decent. It was eggs, sausage links and patties, and a variety of bread, muffins, mini-donuts, and bagels. There were cereals, instant oatmeal, hard-boiled eggs, fruits, yogurt, and two waffle irons and a batter dispenser. There was a staff member working hard to keep the food fresh when we were there. The only time we ever had to wait for something was when she was refreshing the supply. There were plenty of places to sit at breakfast and we never had to wait for a table. Also, there is coffee and tea available in the lobby all day.
Our room was nice. It was a queen suite, but I actually think we wound up with something a bit better. There was a king bed, a queen bed, and a sitting area. I would have liked to have had a separate TV in the sitting area, but it worked out okay for us. It was nice having a microwave and refrigerator in the room too. I thought the beds were very comfortable and clean. The wi-fi wasn't the most reliable, but it worked well enough for us to stream Netflix on our iPad. We didn't have any real problem with noise. I did hear a door slam once at night, but nothing to really bother me. We did have the issue with the a/c blowing the curtains, but it wasn't a big deal to us.
The pool is small, but it was adequate to entertain my kids when it was raining. The heating pump was broken when we were there, so it was cold, but I am sure that is not the norm.
I thought the location was great. We walked to the beach. It's about 5-6 blocks to Dewey Beach, which is far less crowded than Rehoboth Beach. For nightlife, we drove to the Park and Ride in Rehoboth and took a bus to the boardwalk. It was less than a 10-minute drive to the outlets.
My only gripe is that the night before we arrived, I tried to call the hotel several times to ask questions and the phone was never answered. I called in the morning and got my questions answered, so I am sure it was one particular staff member not answering the phone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Quality Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Near Dewey Beach. Conveniently situated directly on Coastal Highway One (1), the Quality Inn(R) & Suites - Rehoboth Beach is a totally smoke-free hotel that caters to business and leisure travelers from all across the eastern seaboard of the United States. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Choice Hotels, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Quality Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn And Suites
- Quality Hotel Rehoboth Beach
- Quality Inn Rehoboth Beach
- Rehoboth Beach Quality Inn