“Good”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #21 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed August 18, 2011

Full disclosure - I am a Choice Privileges member which means I stayed here for free on points. I always begin my free Choice Hotel stay reviews with the question - Would I have paid and been satisfied? Answer for this hotel stay is "Yes". It has been renovated in the last couple of years so it's received a bit of a needed facelift. You'll pay a bit more for this hotel because it is within walking distance to the beach - not the Rehoboth boardwalk though. Between Rehoboth and Dewey - which is better I think...much less crowded. Pretty clean. Decent indoor pool. Small room for breakfast. We stay here one weekend every summer. Had one bad experience this past July but it was remedied without too much problem. Arrived and the bathroom was floor was soaked as was the carpet on other side of the wall next to the bed. There was a leak in the toilet pipes. Response was pretty quick (front desk called the local owner to come help) but the owner seemed annoyed with us for asking for a new room (he stated there were no other rooms available on this 4th of July weekend) and sort of insinuated we had caused the problem (it was clear the leak began WAY before we got there). When checking in (5 minutes earlier) the front desk offered one of two rooms so I knew there was at least one another room available. We hadn't even unpacked yet and in fact he seemed more concerned about my returning the luggage cart (which still had all of our unpacked bags on it!) than fixing the leak and cleaning up the room. Anyhow, when I finally got snippy and barked back he backed off and gave us the other room. That's the only issue I've had at this hotel in the last 4 years. Overall pretty good.

Reviewed August 15, 2011

We did not find the room to be clean at all. We had ants crawling all over our garbage can and had to leave it in the hall. We found stains on the comforter and requested a new one only to find another stain on that one. The room was damp unless you ran the air conditioner on high which then made the room too cold. Also it states that it is a non-smoking hotel, however, I did see someone hanging out the window of one of the rooms smoking a cigarette so I'm not sure how well it's enforced.

Also, watch out for the baseball teams flooding the hotel on the weekends for tournaments which we found out too late and happens every year. Apparently the hotel doesn't let them book it in a block but can't stop them from booking individually. Friday night at 10:30pm all I could hear was doors slamming over and over again as the players went from room to room probably a good 15 slams. Also I got to smell garlic from someones dinner wafting through the hallway and permeating my room. Not to mention the baseball "moms"who thought the laundry room was their own private laundry. I caught one of them re-washing their players uniform in the washing machine where my laundry was!

The breakfast was ok.....nothing spectacular. The usual waffles, bagels, and cereal. The eggs could have been better. They were obviously the frozen circular eggs that got reheated in a microwave. The woman working in the breakfast area was constantly replenishing the items and if you asked her for something that was out she went and got it right away.

On the plus side the staff was courteous although a little understaffed. When I requested extra flat sheets the front desk said they were busy and would get it to me at some point that night. Also although the majority of the room didn't feel "clean" the bathrooms were in good shape.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank christine_mcmahon10
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My family of three book this last minute. This was our first time visiting Rehoboth Beach area. The first room they tried to give us smelled of mildew! We returned to the front desk to complain and the staff person asked if I wanted air freshner! Which I declined. She then offered us another room which was an upgrade a king and queen sized bed. The room was huge but in need of updating. On an overall this hotel was decent. Indoor pool, decent common areas and free breakfast: eggs.waffles, cereal, yogurt. This hotel is walking distance from Dewey Beach. To get to Rehoboth you have drive about 15 minutes and then good lluck with finding parking . It's definately not worth the asking price a whopping 259 per night..Better try to neogiate vice price line we booked for$100 per night.

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed August 9, 2011

I thought the hotel. was excellent. The hotel staff were very courteous and helpful. My hotel room with two queen beds was clean, comfortable and very spacious. The Internet worked just fine. The indoor pool was refreshing after a hot day at the beach. The complimentary breakfasts were wonderful and convenient. There was a nice mix of hot and cold food in them. I wish the hotel was closer to the beach but I know that the hotel prices are more reasonable than the hotels on the boardwalk. I would definitely recommend this hotel and if I decided to go back to Rehobeth Beach again, I would choose this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We stayed here 4 nights. The prices are fairly reasonable, the hotel is clean inside and outside, the staff is very courteous and helpful. Our "king suite" room was very spacious and included a very comfortable king-sized bed, dresser, desk, sofa with coffee table. Also included was a refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker, ironing board and iron, and a hairdryer. Bathroom was average size with plenty of towels. Around 9 p.m. each night things were mostly quiet inside, so we didn't have any sleeping issues. The hotel advertised a hot breakfast included. Breakfast was OK, the usual bagels, toast, instant oatmeal, dry cereal, mini-muffins, yogurt, coffee, tea, juice, milk. Sometimes there were bananas and apples available in a limited quantity. You could also make waffles. The toasters didn't always work, and the yogurt supply usually ran out as well as the fruit. The dining area consisted of seating for 36 people - small for a 4-story hotel! Table weren't always clean - a staff person should be in the breakfast room at all times to deal with these issues. Also, the advertised indoor heated pool WAS NOT HEATED!!! It was not pleasant to be in. The other negative issue was no bottled water available in any of the vending machines on all FOUR FLOORS. I mentioned this at the front desk, and they commented that water must be a popular drink choice. We bought some water at a nearby convenience store. You can walk to Dewey Beach in 10 minutes which is very convenient and a plus! Not sure if we'd stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2011

My entire family loves this hotel. Very family friendly and we saw cars in the parking lot from Mid Atlantic and New England states. We wouldn't stay anywhere else when visiting Rehoboth/Dewey Beach! This is our 5th stay here. Great complimentary breakfast and indoor pool was very clean and ranges from 3-5 feet deep. We stayed on the 4th Floor in a suite. You can save quite a bit of money if you book it from Monday-Thursday. It is also much quieter than on the weekends.Great restaurant next door also! Very clean with comfortable beds. Also, a great consignment shop down the street. You can walk to the FREE Dewey Beach. If you prefer Rehoboth you can take the Grotto Trolley Bus ($2.50 one way per person) and go into town or just have fun on the Boardwalk. It runs all day and late into the evening. Hope to get down to Rehoboth to stay again in November for their annual Film Festival.

Room Tip: Rates lower during the week in Summer including Suites.
Reviewed July 30, 2011

Booking a hotel for a short stay in the heart of the season is very difficult in Rehoboth Beach as many have minimum stays and high rates. We were very impressed with the service as we made reservations with no minimum stay and very reasonable senior rates for a 2 queen bed suite. Our accommodations were very clean and spacious, the beds comfortable with amenities of free WiFi, refrigerator, microwave and coffee maker. The hotel was very quiet at night, a perk for traveling with a 4 1/2 year old grandson. The continental breakfast included hot selections of waffle, eggs and sausage as well as healthy selections of yogurt and fresh fruit and juices. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The indoor pool was refreshing after a day at the beach. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We asked for an AAA or senior rate with two beds.