WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Columbia, Maryland
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2013

We have stayed at the Oceanus Motel several times dating back to the '90s. Although it is not right on the beachfront, the ocean is just a short and easy walk down the street from the Oceanus. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. The management is efficient and friendly. The Oceanus has a nice outdoor pool, but we don't usually go in the summer when the pool is open. You can easily walk to the Rehoboth boardwalk, shopping areas, and several good restaurants from the Oceanus. There is plenty of parking. I know we will be back again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SupermanRoSteel
mgmtthebellmoor, General Manager at Oceanus Motel, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to review our property, we always enjoy hearing feedback from our guests. The Oceanus Motel has been a landmark on 2nd street in Rehoboth for many years & we have worked hard to make sure our guests have an amazing stay with us each & every visit. Like you said we are only a short 5-10 min walk from the beach & we are steps away from Rehoboth Ave. We appreciate your many years of loyalty to our property & we look forward to everyone of your visits. From all of us at The Oceanus thank you & we hope to see you soon!

JB Moore

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
West Hollywood, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I have stayed here several times over the years and every year they make the place better. Rooms are basic but very clean and the staff is very helpful. Location is great close to the beach, boardwalk and all the Rehoboth Ave shops. Parking for car is included as well.

Room Tip: I prefer the 3rd floor but you have to haul everything up the steps in elevator so keep that in mind...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank Calvin T
Mt. Wolf, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

My husband and I have vacationed for many years in Rehoboth Beach during the summer months, and decided this year to visit during the fall. Our five day/four night stay at the Oceanus was perfect--wonderful accommodations (newly remodeled), extremely friendly and helpful staff, lots of free literature available in the office, and very reasonable off-season pricing. The Motel is withing walking distance of everything downtown, and we will go again and stay there!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ann R
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We enjoy this motel, not too far from the beach, clean, quiet, and welcoming. The bike shop (Bikes to Go) is right around the corner. The Post Office is only a block away.
We rest well here. I think the renovations turned out well. Plenty of useful info and discount cards at the office.
I wish we could visit again next week!

Room Tip: Second floor facing ocean is our favorite.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Paxtongirl
Wash, DC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here for Jazz Fest weekend. Great little local, non chain hotel. Very welcoming. I love the character of the place. Rooms are neat, clean, and recently renovated. Staff is very friendly and helpful, as are most of the people we met in Rehoboth. Walking distance to the beach, shops, and restaurants. A short drive to Coastal Hwy where the outlets and more shops/restaurants are located.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank BusinessTraveler2006
Bel Air
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have stayed a couple of times during September for five days at a time. My problem in doing this review is that I am afraid they will raise their rates and I will no longer be able to afford it. We like the location, it's clean, the staff is super helpful (Ellen), no problem with noise. My complaint would be with the bathroom door; if they opened to the other side, it would be a lot more convenient getting in and out of the shower/tub. We very much enjoyed our visit. Pat and Ingo Rucker.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Ingo R
Brooklyn, New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We stayed there in August 2012. The rooms were clean and pleasant, but the pool was too chilly and the staff were very unfriendly. I wasn't thrilled with the hotel, but didn't feel compelled to give a negative rating until tonight. As we were leaving Rehoboth Beach, I lost a purse with a few sentimental possessions (and ID) inside. Apparently, I lost it in a parking lot near the hotel, with my hotel receipt inside. A kind person found it and returned it to the hotel, since they could trace me through the receipt. I had called the hotel to ask if they found it, told them that there were items of sentimental value, and left a contact number but they never bothered to contact me. Instead, they contacted the person who found it two months later, and returned it to her as they cleaned out their lost and found. Thankfully, she was nice enough to send it back to me at her own expense. I'm very disappointed that after spending $1500 at this hotel and clearly reaching out to them, that they wouldn't call me back either when they found it or when they were clearing out their lost and found. I would certainly never stay here again or ever recommend it to anyone - not sure why would they would treat a guest so poorly.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank sashpa215
OceanusMotel, General Manager at Oceanus Motel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Feedback both positive & negative helps our staff improve everyday. My staff unfortunately has no recollection of your purse coming into our lost & found. We have an extensive system in place where each item that is turned in is cataloged, bag, and recorded. The woman that returned your purse may not have turned it in to us & sent it back to you when she remembered it was still in her possession. I apologize that this incident occurred during your stay in Rehoboth Beach. Our staff here at The Oceanus works hard to ensure that every guests' stay is pleasurable and is the best that it can be. From all of us at The Oceanus we wish you the very best.

-JB Moore