“Needs rennovating-has lots of potential”

Brighton Suites Hotel
Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed September 3, 2010

My family and I recently stayed at the Brighton Suites. We arrived on a Saturday afternoon, it was a very busy weekend and the hotel was packed. The hotel was filled with young boys playing in a baseball tournament and the kids were running amok luckily they all left on Sunday and it quited down quite a bit. I'm told these tournaments go on all summer so I suggest you check with the hotel before you book a weekend and beware. I'm not sure we could have stayed another night with all the commotion going on. The hotel has seen better days. It is worn and in dire need of renovation. I knew this going in from the other reviews so I wasn't shocked just be prepared. The bathroom looked updated but that is about it. Everything from the bedding, furniture, even the towels need to be replaced. The pull out sofa bed was the worst part of the room, a very thin mattress so thin you could feel the bars from the sofa bed. We tried putting an extra blanket down to soften it up a bit but that didn't work. By the second night my daughter could not stand it so she slept with me in the double bed which was only a bit more comfortable. On the positive side, I found all the staff friendly and helpful, the location is great, although not directly on the beach is just a quick walk 1 or two small blocks, with stores, shopping, restaurants all around. No need to use your car at all. The hotel provides free parking, beach towels, chairs and umbrellas which is great, saved us a great deal of packing space in the car. If the hotel can fix itself up it could be a great place to stay. Unless they do some renovations I doubt I would go back and I do feel bad about saying that because everyone working there was really very nice.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank arlo6

Reviewed July 23, 2010

This hotel/motel has a good location - two blocks from the beach and that is the best thing about it. The rooms are in dire need of renovation (though the bathroom has been completely redone). Our room had holes in the wall, dirty worn out carpeting and a refrigerator that moved all over the floor. Other than the rooms themselves there is no air - the hallways and elevators are like ovens. The swimming pool area has broken screens and is need of serious cleaning. The other guests hung their towels and underwear on the railings in the hallway - note to management - please prohibit this.
The front desk was very nice and accomodating. The hotel does provide beach towels, umbrellas and chairs and that is a nice amenity.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank protravel8
Reviewed July 22, 2010

The Brighton Suites is a clean and convenient hotel located on the corner of Wilmington Street and 1st Street. Some maps show it on the boardwalk which it is not. It is a block away from the boardwalk. All the rooms are suite style with a sitting room and a separate bedroom. Our suite had a microwave and a refrigerator, wet bar, TV, DVD player and couch. The bedroom also had a TV and DVD player. The room was exceptionally clean for a shore resort and the staff was friendly and helpful. The only criticism I have is that the motel atrium is sort of an closed in space with plants which was stuffy, and a bit run down looking despite frequent painting. The motel offers complementary beach chairs, beach towels and umbrellas for all guests which is great if you don't want to bring your own.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PhillyCityDweller
Reviewed June 4, 2010

This review is a little overdue. But this was a good beach hotel. The best part was we could do just one night. Most of the hotels at the beach require a minimum of two night, however, they let us for one night. I found the front desk staff to be just fine, they got us squared with chairs for the beach, and told us a good place to eat. The location is great two block from the beach, and two blocks from the main strip.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 5, 2010

My bf and I decided to take a last minute trip to a beach for spring break. I stayed up all night looking for the best hotel for our money. I love cleanliness but we did not want to spend too much money. It seems as though the expensive hotels had the best reviews but then I came across a review for Brighton Suites. The rate online was $189.00/night which was a little too high but decided to call anyway. The lady offered us a suite for $219.00 for a 4 day 3 night stay. I booked immediately. The only problem I had was there wasn't a public restroom in the lobby, the shower water was not hit enough and the parking garage is really small for big trucks.

Other than that, everything was great. Free wifi. The suite was huge and well worth the price. 2 short blocks to the beach. 1 block from shopping. Plenty restaurants. Friendly staff.

Would stay again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank lovesssstotravel
Reviewed November 14, 2009

Location was great, room was OK, manager has a very poor attitude.

Assuming you don't have to deal with the manager, this is an OK hotel, especailly based upon location. But upon having to deal with her rudeness and lack of appreciation for a customer, I will never go back.

As this has been mentioned in earlier reviews, this seems to be a common issue.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank ScottieNY
Reviewed November 8, 2009

We stayed for two nights at the Brighton Suites in September. It was a nice clean suite in a great location. We were in close proximity to Rehoboth Ave, including a variety of shops and restaurants. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends