“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
alaska
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Great location, nice rooms, love the free parking and rooftop deck! Free DVD rental was a nice perk too. My fellow traveler left some clothes in a drawer and they called and were even kind enough to mail the clothes to her. Great choice for Rehoboth!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kxp186

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

I like to start my reviews by saying I'm a picky traveler, so you know my reference point. I am happiest in high-end Marriott and Hyatt properties. Stayed here for a nearby baseball tournament, and I would not stay again. The good things are that parking is free, you are only 1-1/2 blocks away from the beach and a block from the main road through town with all the shopping/food. The staff was very nice, and housekeeping did a great job. My room was as clean as it could be for what they had to work with. Problem was that the hotel is very tired. It desperately needs an update. The bathroom had been updated and was clean, but the rest of the room was a 70's throwback. Furniture, curtains, linens were very old. Pillows were pretty gross. I actually wrapped ours in towels so we didn't have to lay on them. The carpet was full of stains, and lighting was terrible. Chairs were very stained, as well. We couldn't open the sliding glass door to let in some air, and we couldn't see out of it because it was all fogged (or dirty?) between the glass. I know that most beach hotels aren't super luxurious. People pay crazy prices just to stay near the beach, so hotels really don't have to upgrade much as long as they have location to offer. The hallways reminded me of a dormitory. I don't like giving bad reviews. But I just can't recommend this hotel to other travelers. Unless you aren't very picky. If all you are looking for is a clean bathroom and good location, you'll be quite happy, I suppose.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank TravelerMom0

Travelers are raving about these Rehoboth Beach hotels

Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

The hotel is staffed with very friendly people. It has free garage parking and the suites have two rooms, each with a flat screen TV. We enjoyed our stay here in spite of the thundering herd of youngsters running through the hallways until 10 PM or so. The rooms were clean and the hotel is perfectly positioned for walks around the city or on the nearby oceanfront boardwalk and to the many good restaurants. We would be happy to stay here again if we revisit Rehoboth Beach!

Room Tip: If you stay on the second floor you can easily walk up and down to your room without waiting endless...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank OwenComora
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

We stayed a week. This is not a luxury hotel. However, it has everything a traveler needs. It is clean, well maintained and everything works. The bed is very comfortable. There is a coin operated laundry which really made a difference to us. Towels are plentiful and they supply a beach umbrella, 2 towels and 2 chairs daily, The location is very convenient but far enough from the boardwalk to be quiet.
If there is a problem The staff attends to it promptly. Our sliding glass door was off the track and we called to report it. The door was fixed within 10 minutes.
The staff is very helpful and knowledgeable also. They can direct you to restaurants that might appeal to you and answer all sorts of questions about the area. There are no blank stares that you get in other places.
A couple of nights it was a bit noisy in the early evening--young children playing in an adjoining suite. However, it was never noisy when we slept.
We got coupons for another stay and we will use them.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank EGV42
irvington, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Just spent 3 days/nights at Brighton Suites. Very pleasnt, accomodating, clean and close to beach, restaurants/shopping. Especially liked the comfort of parking your car for the whole stay without using it again.When we asked for extra towels they were right there. Make sure you ask for a safe key so you can store valubales while you are out, really liked that. And renember you are paying for proximity in the high season so the price is justified.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Charles K
Northampton, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

We've just returned from a two night beach trip with our daughter and two grandsons. We love the Brighton. This was our fourth stay there, and I do agree that it isn't the fanciest place in town, but we have been treated as though we were their only guests during each stay. Perhaps you find what you give, or what you are determined to see. (I reference some of the negative comments made by others.) The rooms are spacious, and for us, surprisingly quiet - in other words, I have never been bothered by noisy neighbors, and I am an extremely light sleeper. We have received full consideration to each request whether it be more towels, extra blankets, batteries for the remote, a TV that wasn't working, or a light that needed a new bulb. The staff is stellar. Perhaps they know they are dealing with a lot of competition and work extra hard to overcome the downsides. No, the towels are not Egyptian cotton - do you really need that at a hotel? The beach chairs range from old to brand new - you can always bring your own. That's what we do when we're in town for a longer stay. The beach towels are a super convenience; no wet sandy towels in the room - how thick does a free towel have to be? In other words, the Brighton is a great spot for a Rehoboth Beach respite, and we'll be back. Also, they have some brilliant deals, especially for a return visit.

Room Tip: Request a room on the fourth floor. There's no one above you.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Terry P
Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

This place has a terrific location close to the beach, restaurants etc. The suite set up was convenient, and worked well for our family (2 adults, one kid). Furniture was older but clean and well maintained. The bathroom had been redone and there was a small indoor pool (water is on the warmer side, which my son and I loved, my husband did not). I liked staying on the 2nd floor because the hallways had cute little plants and fountains on that level. On the upper levels, the hallways were way too warm! Unfortunately, our room faced Wilmington Avenue and it was loud! You could hear people partying and singing at a nearby bar for most of the night. It bothered me some, but my son slept through it. The walls were also somewhat thin, so you could hear kids running, crying etc. more than you would expect - I couldn't be too upset about it, though, having a kid of my own who was occasionally running and crying as well! Staff was nice, and they offered chairs, towels, umbrellas to take to the beach. I would recommend this place to families, not so much for couples sans kids.

Room Tip: Ask to face away from Wilmington Ave! Second floor is nice.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family