“Very pleasant staff”

Ranked #13 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Rockville, Maryland
“Very pleasant staff”
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We decided to do a two night trip to the beach and this hotel was perfectly located. It's a block from the beach and they have chairs and umbrellas you can borrow at no cost. We arrived in town early and were allowed to park at the hotel even though our room wasn't ready. All staff that we interacted with were personable and friendly. We asked about a late check out so we could spend just a little bit more time on the beach and that was approved with no hassle or feeling like we were being unreasonable. The room was nice, especially with the divided living room/ bedroom and door in between. Our neighbors were a little loud during the day but at night we didn't hear anything. Lots of families, so be prepared, but overall we enjoyed our experience. Also had a better room rate booking directly through their website than any of the 'deals' websites like expedia, so be sure to check that out.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Northeast USA
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I stayed here for 4 days in late May. For a "suites" hotel, the rooms are a bit small, but they are adequate. The location is great - just a couple of blocks to the ocean. There were a few problems - the alarm clock numbers were weird, and the floor mat in the bathroom was not the non-skid type (which could cause someone to slip and become injured).

My sleeping room faced a somewhat busy street, and the sliding door didn't close all the way, so I did hear noise at night when I was trying to sleep.

Still, it is a good choice for a family - with its small refrigerator. Oh - wait - the refrigerator did not have a freezer compartment, although the listing I had seen for the hotel said it would.

Linda

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wewaltz
Mays Landing, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Had this place booked for my sons baseball tournament that was in the area. I have to say this is arguably the best hotel i have ever stayed in. The rooms were VERY CLEAN and the front desk staff were all as pleasant and helpful as any place ive ever stayed, if not more. I think it was JJ, who was a world of knowledge of where to go and places to see while there. He also advised me of many specials they have in the off season. I will surely be back here. They should be pleased to have an employee like him, as well as the rest of the courteous helpful staff!!!

Room Tip: You cant go wrong with this place!!!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dave C
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Came here for Memorial Day weekend got a special rate. It was actually better than I thought it would be. I travel extensively and this place was clean, service was extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms are outdated , looks like the bathroom has been renovated.
The beach is a block away, great location! I would definitely return.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank J G
Center Valley, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

We've stayed here several times over the years, particularly because it's a good value. The hotel is downtown and a short walk to the beach and all town attractions. The rooms are all suites with convenient fridge, microwave, and dry sink. There is a small enclosed pool with a nice observation deck on a top floor. The service is friendly, too. I recommend Brighton, especially to families. :-)

• Stayed May 2013
Reviewed May 20, 2013

I like Brighton Suites. It's not the biggest, or the most stylish, or even the cheapest hotel in Rehoboth Beach. However, it's comfortable, within walking distance of the Boardwalk, and the folks who run it really try to meet our needs. It has free onsite parking, a pool, a deck, and good availability when we need it.

There are numerous hotels in this town, and many choices. This place has one of the best combinations of practical travel accommodations, clean and large rooms, and an easy and relaxed experience.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Kemblesville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I needed an overnight getaway to the beach just for myself to go and veg after some very stressful family events. Being the off season, I was able to get a very affordable room at the Brighton Suites. The front desk couldn't have been more friendly or accommodating. Trying to make the most of my time, I arrived early and stopped at the hotel only to ask where to park as it was around 10 am. I had no intention of asking for an early check in at that time. When I told the woman (Lisa, I think) at the desk that I was checking in later, she checked her books and allowed me to check in early anyway. After a quick trip up to my room, I headed for the beach. After a couple of hours the sun was beating on me because I had forgotten and umbrella and I was hungry. I stopped back at the hotel and was telling Lisa about how hot the sun was for April and she replied, oh, do you need an umbrella? We have umbrella's. How about a chair? After that, it seemed someone was always there to offer me anything I needed, from dinner suggestions, to recommendations for their free dvd rentals, to a bike to go riding the boardwalk. When I entioned that a lock was broken on my door, they sent someone right up to fix it. When I couldn't get the remotes to work, the evening manager was right there to help me. The room was a 2 room suite with a small living room with a TV, refrigerator and sink and a separate bedroom, great for a small family in the summer and more than enough for a single traveler like me. It was very clean and nice. The only reason I didn't give this hotel 3 stars is that the furniture is a bit worn and needs updating. Also, there were no bedside outlets in the bedroom so if you wanted to use your phone for an alarm or have your computer plugged in while working on it in bed it wasn't going to happen. Also there was a radio alarm clock on the table but not plugged in due to no outlets. strange. Overall, a delightful hotel and I would stay again.

Room Tip: I had a quiet corner room on the 2 floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo