Brighton Suites Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Avenue Inn & Spa(Rehoboth Beach)
Atlantis Inn(Rehoboth Beach)
Oceanus Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
View Hotel
Beach View Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
  • Breakfast included
Sandcastle Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
View Hotel
High Seas Motel(Rehoboth Beach)
  • Free Internet
Admiral on Baltimore(Rehoboth Beach)
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
All reviewsbeach towelsindoor poolsammy's kitchenshut the doorliving roomwet baroff seasonpull out couchgarage parkingstaff was very friendly and helpfulupdated roomsrecent renovationsvery nice hotelcoffee makertwo blockstwo night staysized bed
Reviewed August 17, 2012

We go go Rehoboth Beach at least three times a year and generally stay at the Avenue Inn, which we love. Because we booked late, the only place near the beach was the Brighton Suites. That being said, we heard good things about Brighton and thought it might be a good alternative to AI. Not so much.
The place was just a bit above dirty. There were so many issues..
1. a broken ice machine, on rails with the "guts" open that was right across from our room. We saw it every time we entered and left.
2. a big noisy fan with the cord going across the floor that we had to be sure we didn't trip over every time we came to or from our room.
3. an empty bucket that looked like it was used for mopping that did not move from its spot for the three days we were there.
4. the entrance to the pool and fitness area with broken equipment, dirty mops and generally dirty appearance was disgusting (and that's the nicest thing I can think of.)
5. the world's slowest elevator with a torn, dirty carpet
6. the garage was very dark and spooky. I was afraid to go to our car by myself.
7. the only amenities were the coffee and tea, unlike the AI which serves breakfast or gives a voucher for a local restaurant
8. there was no business center for printing or checking email for those of us who choose to travel without our own electronics.
9. the tv sets were very outdated and I couldn't get some of the channels I watch clearly (TNT and others)
10. the overall appearance of the hotel with the worn and (seemingly) dirty carpets, the very outdated furniture and worst of all the dirty fake flowers. A good paint job would help also.

The best thing I can say is that the staff was very pleasant and tried to be as helpful as possible. I think they probably get a lot of complaints, but they do everything they can to make the experience there as good as possible, given the conditions of the hotel.

This hotel could be a gem in Rehoboth. The location is great (we didn't move our car for the whole time we were there.) I hope the owners view this email as constructive and work to improve the physical plant so that it could be a good alternative to the Avenue Inn or the Bellmoor.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank bri_nate
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I just got back from my vacation and can say I am very pleased. The hotel is in a great location, very close to the beach and it was clean. Those were my main concerns. I read the reviews prior to booking and can say I did not experience any of the negative issues other people complained about. Staff was extremely accommodating. They actually went above and beyond what I expected. The garage is a little tight and there is only one elevator which makes check out a little harder when everybody is heading out at the same time, but that was really no big deal. I would not hesitate to stay here again. Also, breakfast at the attached restaurant is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 29, 2012 via mobile

Staying with a baseball team and had no choice but to stay here. It's a good thing or I wouldn't have. The hallways are like dorm rooms in a pretend outside tropical place. Weird. Also, beware the 5 day cancellation notification to any part of your reservation from the START date of your reservation. I wanted to cancel the last night of our reservation since I didn't need it, and even though it was more than 5 days before that date - it wasn't from the first date of my reservation. So I had to eat the last night and let them re-rent the room. That's low budget. But, really, thats fitting since so is the hotel.

Don't let the pictures on the website or here fool you. It's not even as nice as those (from the 70s?). Staff is very nice and helpful though. They made it bearable. Our room had a dank, musty smell and they went out of their way to help as best they could. In the end, my room smelled though. The place has the feel like its trying to be a resort and no one has the heart to tell them it's just a glorified motel. From what I hear though, its better than many alternatives though. For almost $300 a night, they've got balls.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Serendipidee
Reviewed July 27, 2012

We have stayed at the Brighton Suites many times. WE go as a family and the rooms are just big enough. The pullout was comfortable, the room was clean. It rained one day and we were able to get a movie at the front desk.(the selection was pretty good, too). We like the complimentary Beach towels. They have beach chairs, which are small, and umbrellas, too.
Unfortunately the front desk service is inconsistent at best. Some days they put out fresh iced tea and cookies, in the afternoon, but not at a certain time, or even every day. this place is not cheap, but it is convenient and good for a beach stay. They have updated the bathrooms, but not much else.

Room Tip: Ask for the free DVD at the front desk if you need a movie. Higher floors are more quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Off the main drag but within an easy walk - you do have to cross 1 main road. Rooms are not enormous but are manageable for a family of 5 (two adults & 3 kids). VIdeos can be checked out at main desk, very close to a decent breakfast joint. There used to be a convenient store at the corner but it's gone now - you have to walk over to the main strip. Staff always helpful. Laundry machines work fine. Not too expensive. Pool is always warm! We watched fireworks from the roof last summer, really enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family