“This is the best way to go to the beach...AWESOME time...WONDERFUL people...GOODTIMES!!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Big Oaks Family Campground
Reviewed October 7, 2009

It was my Husband and I and our 2 boys 8 & 2. We rented a Cabin and were surprised at just how nice they are. We were not sure of the place when we saved the date due to no credit cards and sending in a deposit. However, it turned out to be our best trip to the beach ever. The bath houses are very clean and the cabins are far enough apart that you don't feel like you are on top of each other. The owners who run the place are so super nice...very in touch with the civil war and all the extra they due for the veterans and the stories they told me were amazing. They are people who care and are very big hearted doing what they love. The swimming pool was great the kids loved it and the access to Rehobath and Lewes it was right in the middle of the 2. They also loved the park and the bunny rabbit they have for a pet. We will be back and this time maybe stay for a week. The only thing I recomend is to take an eggshell mattress because the beds are not soft. They are like hospital beds with the vinal covers...needed i'm sure because of the bugs and wilderness. I've been telling all my friends and family and I would tell anyone this is a very nice campground to stay at when you have young kids and enjoy the woods.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
campbigoaks, Manager at Big Oaks Family Campground, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

We are so happy that your family enjoyed their stay with us. We really do care about what we do here and it is very important to us that we are always doing our best so that our customers can have a great vacation just like you did! Thank you so much for recommending us to your friends and family, we hope to see you all soon!

Reviewed September 14, 2009

I didnt even make it to the campsite. I had to cancel my trip, so i called in by phone to cancel my tent site 5 days prior to my scheduled arrival. The staff was not friendly and did not offer a refund, I assumed they would not be cashing my deposit check seeing as i had given enough notice. However upon receiving my bank statement and noticing the check was cashed, i again call in by phone to ask for a refund. I was told that i have "credit on the books" to use at my conviniece. I however did not want or agree to "credit". I was then told i would be charged a $10.00 service fee for them to refund me by check. There is NO mention of this on the web site and the staff did not mention this when i canceled my reservation. I was told by the manager/owner that its "my word" against her employee's, and its only $10.00. whats the big deal. Well thats right what is the big deal? They dont have a clue what they are doing the staff is elderly and unfriendly.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank bluemm

We do not have our cancellation policy on the website, as reservations are not made online. All reservations are made on the phone and that is the best time to address any concerns about cancellation and the policies involved with that.

Reviewed September 12, 2009

My daughter and I camped here in the beginning of August. Our tent was 8 x 10 and took up most of the site. There wasn't much room to park our car. The sites were too close together. The bathrooms were dirty. There was soap covering the sink counters with bugs stuck in it and the showers were not cleaned. Someone had smashed a bug on the wall in one of the shower stalls and it was there the whole time we were. The toilet stalls were very small. There wasn't much room to stand to pull your shorts up! The door to the bathroom was always propped open so all the misquitos could come in. They were biting us while we were showering! We had to slather the bug spray on the whole trip. The staff wasn't rude as I have read on other reviews but they weren't exactly friendly either. However there was one that was very friendly and helpful. We also bought fire wood from the camp store and it wouldn't even burn! There is also a collection of confederate flag items for sale in the camp store. That's kind of creepy. Does that mean that they favor slavery??? I don't know but what I do know is that we will never stay here again! The only good part about it was that is was close to the beach.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank clnt2369

As noted previously, our restrooms got a perfect #10 rating in 2011. Slavery? Seriously?

Reviewed September 7, 2009

The sites were very tiny. My tent took up the entire site!!! I had no place to park. Everyone was on top of each other. The staff drew the location of the restrooms on the map but they either "disappeared" or they were drawn on the wrong spot. There were two toilets with showers by the pool. You had to wait a long time to use them. I got out of there first thing in the morning and went to a campground where I could actually spread out, have a camp fire, put out chairs, and park my car.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Skipper19

The office is a few seconds walk from the pool; all that is needed is to ask for other restroom facilities.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed at Big Oaks and found the site and Bathrooms to be very clean. The staff also went out of there way to help us set up and level our RV. They have a nice shaded Playground. We enjoyed our stay and will be back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

We are glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2009

We came to the big oaks to relax and it was anything but relaxing.We arrive and the lots are sandwich together the sewer system back up and got crap and paper all over are rug and chairs and shoes that were out side. They stop the sewer from backing up but did not clean up the lot and did not offer to clean or replace the camp chairs and shoes and they just hoses off the rug.I am not a picky person but i hate CRAP.

3  Thank eandgservices

To be honest, sometimes there are situations that you realize in retrospect that you should have handled something differently. This was one of those times and although things happen that are beyond our control, and thoroughly unpleasant to deal with, we have to go the extra mile to rectify certain problems.

Reviewed July 9, 2009

First, it's a nice clean campground. The bathrooms were cleaner than I would have ever imagined. Infact, I think I've stayed at some hotels that their baths are dirtier. They have a nice playground, bunny and pool. We went to the pool one afternoon and it was way to crowded so we left. That certainly is not the fault of the campground though. It was over the fourth and they had some live music. Nice touch. We asked to be near the bathroom and they accomodated that with a generously sized campsite....just wished that there were more like ours as many were much smaller. It made the campground feel very tight. The only negative was the quiet time hours. They started at 11 p.m. and when you're tent camping with a 5 mo./2 yr/5 yr. it's hard to get them situated with loud noise that late. It is definitely a multi-cultural campground, which is great...but they do have many, many confederate flags flying, on their merchandise and stickers on their bumpers. Personally, I don't have a problem with this nor did I notice anyone else having a problem. If this offends you, you may want to stay somewhere else. The following statement is a reflection of the guests, not the campground: One other thing that bothers me a tad other than the noise, was the amount of liquor people were drinking when it is a non-alcohol campground. There were also a lot of smokers and parents swearing at their kids. If you don't mind smoking, drinking and listening to people swear until all hours of the night.....go for it. Besides, their bathrooms are clean.

3  Thank RHenry

Unfortunately, sometimes we get the occasional camper that is not a great neighbor. We are but a phone call away 24/7 if this happens.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rehoboth Beach
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
Comfort Inn Rehoboth Beach
#12 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
Hampton Inn Rehoboth Beach
#8 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehoboth Beach
AmericInn Lodge & Suites Rehobot...
#17 of 27 in Rehoboth Beach
Sleep Inn & Suites Rehoboth Beach Area
Heritage Inn
Heritage Inn
#7 of 7 in Lewes
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Georgetown Delaware Beaches

Been to Big Oaks Family Campground? Share your experiences!