“Overcrowded is an understatement. My tent took up the entire site!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Big Oaks Family Campground
Reviewed September 7, 2009

The sites were very tiny. My tent took up the entire site!!! I had no place to park. Everyone was on top of each other. The staff drew the location of the restrooms on the map but they either "disappeared" or they were drawn on the wrong spot. There were two toilets with showers by the pool. You had to wait a long time to use them. I got out of there first thing in the morning and went to a campground where I could actually spread out, have a camp fire, put out chairs, and park my car.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Skipper19
campbigoaks, Manager at Big Oaks Family Campground, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2012

The office is a few seconds walk from the pool; all that is needed is to ask for other restroom facilities.

Reviewed August 6, 2009

We stayed at Big Oaks and found the site and Bathrooms to be very clean. The staff also went out of there way to help us set up and level our RV. They have a nice shaded Playground. We enjoyed our stay and will be back.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

We are glad you enjoyed it and hope to see you soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2009

We came to the big oaks to relax and it was anything but relaxing.We arrive and the lots are sandwich together the sewer system back up and got crap and paper all over are rug and chairs and shoes that were out side. They stop the sewer from backing up but did not clean up the lot and did not offer to clean or replace the camp chairs and shoes and they just hoses off the rug.I am not a picky person but i hate CRAP.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank eandgservices

To be honest, sometimes there are situations that you realize in retrospect that you should have handled something differently. This was one of those times and although things happen that are beyond our control, and thoroughly unpleasant to deal with, we have to go the extra mile to rectify certain problems.

Reviewed July 9, 2009

First, it's a nice clean campground. The bathrooms were cleaner than I would have ever imagined. Infact, I think I've stayed at some hotels that their baths are dirtier. They have a nice playground, bunny and pool. We went to the pool one afternoon and it was way to crowded so we left. That certainly is not the fault of the campground though. It was over the fourth and they had some live music. Nice touch. We asked to be near the bathroom and they accomodated that with a generously sized campsite....just wished that there were more like ours as many were much smaller. It made the campground feel very tight. The only negative was the quiet time hours. They started at 11 p.m. and when you're tent camping with a 5 mo./2 yr/5 yr. it's hard to get them situated with loud noise that late. It is definitely a multi-cultural campground, which is great...but they do have many, many confederate flags flying, on their merchandise and stickers on their bumpers. Personally, I don't have a problem with this nor did I notice anyone else having a problem. If this offends you, you may want to stay somewhere else. The following statement is a reflection of the guests, not the campground: One other thing that bothers me a tad other than the noise, was the amount of liquor people were drinking when it is a non-alcohol campground. There were also a lot of smokers and parents swearing at their kids. If you don't mind smoking, drinking and listening to people swear until all hours of the night.....go for it. Besides, their bathrooms are clean.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank RHenry

Unfortunately, sometimes we get the occasional camper that is not a great neighbor. We are but a phone call away 24/7 if this happens.

Reviewed June 22, 2009

My husband and I just got back from renting 3 cabins this weekend with some of our friends. We had stayed at one of the cabins a few years ago and liked how convienent it was to the beach and the cost was great considering the summer rates with the hotels. Because of the location and price we convinced our friends to make a weekend out of it over Father's Day weekend.

When we first arrived, the first thing we noticed was the confederate flag flying right at the entrance. This was a little concerning considering my friends are African American and have small children. We chose to ignore it and as we drove through the campground, we saw several more. Our first night we were sitting out front of the cabin playing cards and one of their security guards kept walking by our cabin while carrying a confederate flag. This was extremely hurtful to myself and my friends and could not believe that in 2009, there are still people, more specifically businesses that engage in such tasteless crimes towards humanity. Needless to say regardless of location or price, we will never return again.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
11  Thank afelkins

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is a very tall tale. Nothing changed between the first stay, which they evidently enjoyed, and the second stay. No one walks around waving flags. The flags that are displayed on flagpoles etc. are a symbol of our heritage, and are in no way a symbol of hate in our eyes.

Reviewed April 19, 2009

So after driving nine hours to get to Rehoboth Beach, DE, I had to find the campground manager, who eventually led us to a small site near the front of the campground. The site we had reserved and paid a deposit for was much nicer and closer to the bathrooms and showers, while the alternative site was noisier and right near the bus stop. The staff was moderately friendly. We will return again in the future, but we sincerely hope our next stay there will be better than our first.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank HappyCamperNY

Sometimes things happen that are beyond our control. We try to rectify these situations to the best of our ability and hope that the next stay goes more smoothly.

Reviewed July 21, 2008

This campground is close to everything. Very clean. Nice pool. Many shaded sites and quiet. The sites can be tight but that was to be expected with camping at a beach location. The Rehoboth shuttle comes into the campground to take you to the outlets, the beach or the boardwalk. We didn't use this service but I think it is great that they have it. We can not wait to come back next year. I am so glad I took a chance on this place. I didn't know anyone who had stayed here. I found it in the Frommer's camping guide and on the internet.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank Beavers18

So glad that you enjoyed the campground. We hope that you come back soon!