All reviews turn down service wine and cheese boutique hotel aveda bath products beach shuttle free shuttle cookies shuttle service rooms are large beautiful hotel crackers few blocks loved this hotel beach chairs and towels every evening complimentary breakfast housekeeping staff
Selected filters
Reviewed March 20, 2016 via mobile

I like the Hotel Rehoboth and am a repeat guest. While the front desk staff may not be the most effusive people in the hotel industry, I've never encountered 'attitude' of any kind. Their rooms continue to be clean and free of mustiness, the beds surprisingly comfortable with lovely bed linen and a ton of pillows and, while the Aveda bath products seem to be perpetually shrinking in size, I don't hold that against them at all. We come during the off-season, which is when the area is more relaxed and less congested and we hope to return to our go-to hotel many more times in the future.

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Shea4HR, Owner at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2016

We are so appreciative of you taking the time to share this wonderful review about the Hotel Rehoboth, and I am happy you had yet another wonderful stay with us! Thank you for being our loyal guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon. Warm Regards, Hotel Rehoboth Management and Staff.

Reviewed February 22, 2016

I really enjoyed the Hotel Rehoboth. We were down for one night, just a quick weekend trip, and we were able to walk to the beach, nice shops, the Dogfish head brewpub and some great restaurants. Beyond the location the staff was very nice and the accommodations were wonderful. The bed was also shockingly comfortable!

Date of stay: February 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the Hotel Rehoboth. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay as well as the location of the hotel. Many guests comment on our comfy beds, and we are delighted to know that you agree with them! We look forward to welcoming you back to Hotel Rehoboth in the near future. Warm Regards,
Hotel Rehoboth Management & Staff

Reviewed February 20, 2016

It's nice to be able to stay in a non-chain hotel near the beach. We went down on a recent February weekend and had a nice stay. I would say this is not a true luxury hotel, as their website boasts, but a better-than-average one.

Pos: We stayed in a Double Queen Suite, and the room was large with a view onto Rehoboth Ave. A Keurig coffee maker was nice to have, although the supplied creamers were expired and curdled in our coffee (a small thing, but because of that we did go out and buy milk for the next day). The beds are very good, pillows excellent, and the place is very clean. The staff is helpful and businesslike. We loved that we could park under the hotel, and had an elevator that went right to our floor so we didn't have to go through the lobby every time. I missed having a jacuzzi or large tub for taking a bath.

Neg: We found the cleaning staff to be omnipresent and quite aggressive about soliciting tips. I really hate walking into my room for the first time and finding a big yellow envelope for tips as the first thing I see before I have even received any service. Each day I would put the envelope in a drawer so I wouldn't have to focus on it, and each time the room was visited, twice a day, the envelope was back up perched on the counter. The breakfast room also had a tip jar, which we found really out of place. I don't blame the cleaners, but the management who encourage this. The cleaners would wait outside our door for us to come out, and ask us if we were leaving. Every time we went out. I give this a low rating on service because twice-a-day cleaning service is too much an invasion of privacy.

We had a generally good experience, but I think next time we will try somewhere else.

Date of stay: February 2016
3  Thank OllieTheCat
HR-lux302, Owner at Hotel Rehoboth, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2016

Thank you for taking the time to share this review via trip advisor. I am pleased to hear you found our Double Queen Suite off of Rehoboth Avenue to be large and with a nice view. I do wish to apologize that you felt our cleaning staff pushed the tip envelope to much. We will discuss a more discrete way to handle this in the future. And for the creamer not being fresh in the mini refrigerator. We would have brought you fresh cream and/or coffee had we known about it that morning. Again, we will look into this as we do not want this to happen to any of our other guests. We also hope to have another opportunity to welcome you the next time you are in town to provide you with excellent service and accommodations associated with our hotel.

Reviewed January 18, 2016

This is quiet, understated hotel with all of the room features of great hotels! Our second stay and it was enjoyable as the first! Great service, awesome room and a good breakfast! This hotel is walking distance to great food and drink, eliminates the potential of drinking and driving....

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

We are so appreciative of you taking the time to share this wonderful review about the Hotel Rehoboth. We are so happy to hear you had another wonderful stay with us and enjoyed the central location to all of the great restaurants in Rehoboth. Thank you very much for being our loyal guest, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Warm Regards and Thanks, Hotel Rehoboth Management and Staff.

Reviewed January 3, 2016

The hotel is very comfortable, with spacious rooms, well decorated and very clean. Breakfast is very good and staff outstanding. The guests laundry adds something special to the place. Location is another plus.

Date of stay: December 2015