“Some minor annoyances, but overall just great.”
Review of Hotel Rehoboth

Hotel Rehoboth
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Washington DC
“Some minor annoyances, but overall just great.”
Reviewed July 30, 2014

My family has stayed at Hotel Rehoboth on all of our recent trips to the beach. There have been several changes since our last stay (or maybe I'm just not remembering them), including the complimentary wine and cheese at 5pm and the continental breakfast in the morning. Since we arrived around 6pm, the wine and cheese were a great way to unwind before a late dinner. One thing that was a little frustrating was that when we arrived there was only one person working at the front desk so it took a while to check in.

The rooms at Hotel Rehoboth are gorgeous. My mom and I had a suite with two queen beds that was incredibly spacious! The beds were comfortable and the bathroom had everything you would need, too.

The breakfast in the morning wasn’t great, but I appreciate the addition of breakfast to the hotel (or maybe it has always been there and I just don’t remember it).

Because of the distance to the beach, there is a shuttle from the hotel right to the Maryland Avenue entrance of the beach. Because we only stayed one night, the hotel staff gave us a little grief the next morning when we asked to get two towels and chairs for the beach. This really bothered us, because we paid a lot for the hotel room and didn’t think we were being unreasonable.

Additionally, we were told upon arrival that we could keep our car parked at the hotel after we checked out while we were at the beach. However, the staff on duty when we checked out were upset that we were told this. However, they reluctantly agreed to let us keep our car parked in the lot.

All in all, aside from the somewhat unfriendly staff, Hotel Rehoboth is great. Its location gives Rehoboth Beach a quieter feel, yet you are just minutes away from the boardwalk hustle and bustle.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank laysadc

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (118)
Washington DC
Reviewed July 28, 2014

At more than 300 dollars a room, you expect things to go pretty well at the Hotel Rehoboth. Which is why it was a shock when we arrived, got our keys and opened the door to see someone else's stuff in the room. They'd checked someone into our room. We had made extra sure to book adjoining rooms for our family and instead were all stuck in one room. The GM and staff promptly comped us a night's stay and I was satisfied with their effort. We had the room by the next morning. Its very good to see a hotel doing the right thing on their own and quickly without a long discussion or argument.

Room Tip: The pool and breakfast room are on the second floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank Ski'nSun
Allentown
Reviewed July 22, 2014

I'm usually a stay on the beach girl but would stay here again in a heartbeat. Location is right by everything... Shops restaurant etc. The free shuttle to the beach saves the headache of parking and you don't even need to bring your own chairs or towels. The housekeeping staff was one of the friendliest and most helpful I have met. Rooms are spacious and comfy beds. All in all would go back anytime

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Sarah L
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed July 21, 2014

I stayed here on 4th of July weekend. I wanted to take my girlfriend on a nice getaway to the beach on the 4th and about a month before I was in a frenzy trying to find somewhere. Everything was booked! Well when I spoke with the staff here they were just so lovely and helpful. They managed to book me in by putting us in 1 room the first night and then moving us to another room the next 2 nights. Other places I called were not so flexible or did not seem to want to try. So the trip went really well. The staff are so friendly and always present. They also moved our belongings for us without any problems and even offered to put our stuff in the fridge for us. Just absolutely friendly and helpful. The cheese and wine happy hour was nice. We only remembered to make the most of it 1 night as we were in and out a lot. The rooms are so clean and pretty. We had views in both rooms! The room we got for the last 2 nights was a pricier one but that's a given since it was 4th of July and the last room room left apparently. It was right on the Avenue so it was nice to people watch. The pool is small but great. That weekend there were quite a few families with children so when they come to the pool you kind of want out asap as it is small. We weren't that bothered as we didn't use the pool more than a couple times. The breakfast is good and the chef makes these great homemade corn muffins and other types of muffins that are delicious! It is set up like a quickie continental breakfast but just enough. No mimosas or bloody marys like other places I have stayed but that isn't always a priority plus it does seem like a family hotel or at least this weekend it was. There is ample parking and you can walk to the beach easy. Some people are not walkers so they have a little shuttle but we did not use it the entire time. The hotel is right on the avenue in the middle of everything so you can get anywhere quickly. It is only a 10 minute walk to the beach. We had a wonderful weekend and I would return here even though I usually stay at the smaller quiet inns like At Melissa's etc. We aren't big partiers and prefer to just chill out somewhere gay friendly so this was a nice quiet spot even with a bunch of kids. However, it is one of the more pricier ones so save up but you can make it a nice weekend and it is worth it!

Room Tip: Go for one on the Avenue view!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GypsySayra
Towson, Maryland
Reviewed July 17, 2014

About a year ago hubs suggested we go got Rehoboth for a few days. I told him I was not going to the beach and paying through the nose to stay in a crummy beach hotel. Clearly I had no idea that Hotel Rehoboth existed.

The cheerful yellow, black, and white exterior decorated with flower boxes looks like a small European hotel and seems out of place on the beach town's main drag (Drive past the front of the hotel and take immediate right to the "back" of the hotel to park/drop off luggage).

The room was clean, tidy, and quiet. Service was cheerful and helpful. Nicest perk: towels, chairs, and transportation to the beach.

I'll go back w/hubs in the fall to eat in the town's great restaurants.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2014

This hotel is in a great location. The rooms are spacious and clean, the internet is free, and there's a shuttle to and from the beach with complimentary chairs and towels. Given all of the upscale amenities, we were a little confused at the lack of attention in service. We were not greeted at the front desk when we arrived to check in and no one offered to help with our bags. Fins restaurant next door is great.

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Sarah M
Flemington, New Jersey
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Excellent location! Hotel staff so friendly. Rooms are clean, bright, and spacious. Bed is soooo comfy. I had a beautiful balcony overlooking the bustling street and I loved it! I already booked for next year!

Room Tip: Second floor has the balconies.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple