“Everything in hotel's control was great”
Review of Hotel Rehoboth

Hotel Rehoboth
Ranked #6 of 27 Hotels in Rehoboth Beach
Reviewed June 16, 2011

We come away very happy with the staff and facilities at Hotel Rehoboth. My wife and I stayed with our two year old, which might not be the target demographic for a "boutique hotel" (a moniker that the staff conspicuously used), but we were warmly received and attended to. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful, although the response to a recommendation for an ice cream shop seemed a bit off. The cleaning staff was thorough, prompt, and friendly. I hardly notice turn down service on business trips, but the dinnertime refreshing provided here goes a long way staying at the beach with a family. The shuttle service to the beach was also prompt, on an adorable electric golf cart with friendly drivers. Complementary beach chairs and towels are much appreciated. The lobby happy hour is a really nice touch, too. The room was spacious, clean, and comfortable. The bed and linens were very comfortable

The breakfast got a bit dull after a few days but was otherwise perfectly apt. The pool is tiny, but pleasant and clean and also perfectly apt. The big downside to the hotel is that it has restaurants neighboring each side, and the smell of restaurant garbage was readily apparent at both the pool and the balcony/windows of our room, which were on different sides of the hotel. This made the balcony unusable and open windows unacceptable in our room, but the pool wasn't quite as overwhelmed by the smell. Also, the hotel is a block away from the volunteer fire department, which still uses an old-school air raid siren for communications; of course the siren blared out in the middle of nap time and ruined an otherwise well-executed day plan around a two-year-old's schedule. I recommend that the hotel management lobby the city council harder to get something done about that—it's 2011, there are plenty of robust and affordable communications options available to ensure public safety that obviate air raid sirens, particularly in a beach resort.

Beyond the proximity to the ridiculous air-raid siren and odious restaurant effluent, the hotel location on the main street is great. There are great restaurants (ironically, not the ones producing the smell) very nearby, and the beach is only a few blocks away. Even the restaurant in the hotel is good. You're close enough to the beach to get there and back in a leisurely stroll, but far enough away to be apart from the hoi polloi. We found Rehoboth to be neither too downmarket nor too fabulous to enjoy, and had a wonderful time.

Although it seems to try too hard in some very subtle ways, and it has a few uncontrollable (although some avoidable) flaws, Hotel Rehoboth delivers on its boutique hotel aspirations and is a very pleasant place to stay that comes highly recommended.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing neighboring restaurant rears
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
There are newer reviews for Hotel Rehoboth

Reviewed June 9, 2011

Very upscale hotel with friendly atmosphere. Extremely clean, bed felt like I was sleeping on a cloud Staff was very honest and professional. Room 201

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 1, 2011

Please read this entire review because it is an amazing hotel. Just get through the first couple paragraphs.

I booked this hotel for Memorial Day Weekend after I was referred by another hotel in Rehoboth. I assumed I would not get a room because it was getting close to the holiday weekend. I went online and requested a room with two queen beeds for 4 people from Saturday to Monday. The website came back saying the room was available and gave me a price for the two nights. I quickly called the kennel to make sure there was room for the dog and paid my deposit. I also then went and booked the ferry for both ways. Once I knew I had these things booked I went to finalize the hotel booking and it said I needed to do a 3 night minimum. This really annoyed me since I was advised by the website that the two nights were availalbe and quoted me a price.

I called the hotel and they acknowleged that there was a 3 night minimum and the website quoting me a price and room available was a "flaw." However, the gentleman I spoke with said he would talk to the owner and have someone call me back to help with our reservation since it was an issue on their end. I did not receive a phone call after 5 days and became angry so I called back since I had already paid $200 in non-refundable deposits for the kennel and ferry based on the hotel's website.

This second phone call turned our experience completely around. I spoke with a very nice lady with an accent who promised to help me and have someone call me right back. I did receive a phone call promptly and spoke with the manager. We discussed my experience and he did everything in his power to find me a room for the nights requested. He was able to give us two rooms at a reasonable price so I was happy. (This is why I'm glad I called to give them a second chance)

Check in at the front desk was very pleasant and accomodating. I also must say, this hotel is absolutely SPOTLESS. There is not a scuff mark on the floors or walls, not a stain on any carpet, not a crack in any tile or wall. Plus the little things they offer make the price very affordable in my opinion. Free breakfast, free wine/cheese in the evening, free beach chairs and towels, free shuttle to the beach, free parking.

We used the shuttle twice and were driven by Hunter. He is an excellent employee who is pleasant, polite and willing to answer any of your questions. They gave us our chairs and towels once we got off the shuttle at the beach. This is so much nicer then lugging your chairs and towels around all vacation.

Another small thing that I consider a huge plus is ALL the emloyees had smiles on their faces and always greeted you or sent you off with a friendly smile or wave. The beds and linens were very soft and comfortable allowing for great sleep. Also, plenty of towels in the bathroom and the AVEDA ammenities were great.

Overall, we had a shaky beginning experience but it was completely turned around. It should be noted that sometimes things just happen like the website booking issue. It's how they respond and correct the issue that makes the difference. Hotel Rehoboth ultimately came through and we even booked this hotel for July 4!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank lonestar87
Reviewed May 21, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a place for the weekend to both relax and have great dinners and a bit of a night life ( escape from our 4 kids) and we loved it here! Wonderful free continental breakfast in morning, beach all day, complimentary wine in the evening before dinner....what's not to like?? Room was immaculate! Loved every minute of our stay! Hotel staff was extremely helpful in recommending dinner selections. Can not wait to come back!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 27, 2011

We stayed here for one night last weekend and really wanted to stay longer. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious with big windows. The bathroom was also large with two sinks. The bed was very comfortable. They also have turndown service which is a nice touch. You also get a nice, a little more than continental breakfast.
The location is on the main business street in Rehoboth beach. There are numerous shops and restaurants right around it. The only con is that it's two long blocks from the beach.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 24, 2011

I have stayed at a couple of other places in Rehoboth. This was the cleanest, nicest, and roomiest. It's not right off the Boardwalk, but it's worth the walk. Who knows? Perhaps it will keep you out of the crazy crowds in the Summer! The breakfast is not all that...look for the big reception bell in the lobby

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gianabanan
Reviewed April 10, 2011

My sister and I had a mid-week "girls only" trip to Rehoboth Beach, and stayed at this property on Wednesday, April 6th. Easy check-in, even though Patrick was training that day on the front desk. Had two-bed accomodations with a wonderful walk-in shower. Everything was IMMACULATE. Lovely quiet atmosphere ... think "grown-ups". Loved the afternoon wine & snacks. The breakfast turned out to be much more extensive than we had imagined - cooked to order omlets, pancakes, french toast - as well as quiche, ham, fruits, juice, etc. On site parking is really a plus, as well as the mini fridge ensuite. I definitely will be back with my husband in the future ... I love the feel of this hotel!

• Stayed: April 2011